PDA

View Full Version : OKAY MOMS READ and well it is a sad situation

Bubba-Joe
10-26-2005, 11:15 AM
Mother may be facing charges

Toddler killed in car wreck wasn't properly restrained

October 26, 2005

BROWNWOOD - The mother of a 2-year-old Brownwood girl killed in a car accident Monday in Del Rio could face criminal charges in connection with the child's death.

Aidrean Westbrook died when she was thrown from a car driven by her mother, Lashona Westbrook, 19, of Brownwood, said Department of Public Safety Trooper Marcos Hernandez. The child ''was not properly restrained,'' Hernandez said.

According to DPS reports, Lashona Westbrook was driving south in a 1998 Dodge Avenger on U.S. 277 in Del Rio when she veered to the right, overcorrected, hit an embankment and rolled the car several times.

Lashona Westbrook and passengers David Moreno, 18, and Jacob Moreno, nine months, were treated and released at Val Verde Regional Medical Center in Del Rio.

Hernandez said the other child was properly restrained in a car seat.

''It's so sad,'' Hernandez said. ''Because we found a child safety seat in the trunk of the car - it just wasn't being used.''

Hernandez said the case will be taken to a Val Verde County grand jury, which could indict Lashona Westbrook on charges of criminally negligent homicide.

LogieJoeBean001
10-26-2005, 11:31 AM
OMG, I KNOW a David Moreno, two actually. Senior and Junior. I don't think this is either of the one's I know though...age discrepancy for David, Senior is a lot older and one year too young to be David, Junior.

But that was creepy to see!

Now, back to the subject at hand. I can't imagine anyone not restraining a child properly. And then to have had the carseat in the trunk!!!! Nothing is more precious than the life of a child and it would have been so easy to perhaps have prevented this tragedy...a result of pure laziness I'ma thinkin'.

SnyderMom
10-26-2005, 11:42 AM
That makes me sick to my stomach...

catdad
10-26-2005, 12:16 PM
They should stick that mother in one of those crash test cars without a seat belt and let have a ride.

Bandera YaYa
10-26-2005, 12:16 PM
OMG, I can't even think of any words for this mother!!!!! ..least none that I can spell out on here!!!!

Gobbla2001
10-26-2005, 12:22 PM
The sad thing is that I see this all of the time as many of you may... A lot of people do not put their children in the proper seats, but most do not even buckle 'em up at all... not uncommon for me to see a child standing up in the front or back/middle seat...

It's different if if you're on your private land or whatever, but out on the highway these parents need to use the highest levels of safety for not only their children, but themselves...

99IHSMustang
10-26-2005, 12:23 PM
The "mother" of the child was 19! Enough said....

CHS_CG
10-26-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by 99IHSMustang
The "mother" of the child was 19! Enough said....

yes age has something to do with it but i am a 19 year old mother also, and my 6 month old is ALWAYS in her carseat!

there is a lady my babysitter sits for and her youngest is about 3 months old, when the lady picked her up the other day i heard Kristyn (my babysitter) ask her " did you put her seat in the back yet?" and the lady goes "no, i cant get her to sit in it when she is in the back seat." she lets her 3 year old ride in the front seat with air bags bc she cant " keep her in her seat" while shes in the back seat.

eagles_victory
10-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
yes age has something to do with it but i am a 19 year old mother also, and my 6 month old is ALWAYS in her carseat!

there is a lady my babysitter sits for and her youngest is about 3 months old, when the lady picked her up the other day i heard Kristyn (my babysitter) ask her " did you put her seat in the back yet?" and the lady goes "no, i cant get her to sit in it when she is in the back seat." she lets her 3 year old ride in the front seat with air bags bc she cant " keep her in her seat" while shes in the back seat.
Way to go CHS_CG keep it up.