PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Pranks

Bullaholic
10-26-2005, 10:53 AM
How bad do the Halloween pranks get in your town? Bridgeport used to have a really bad problem up until several years ago with egg throwing. Seems like a lot of the local kids used to like to go up to the store and buy em' out of eggs and then proceed to a street in a certain neighborhood and have an egg throwing war. It was known by the residents in town that you did not venture down this street on Halloween night, because anything and everything was declared a target. The local police always attempted to to break this activity up, but to no avail, because the kids always had "spotters" and would re-form after the police left. Fortunately, this event has seemed to have gone away in recent years. What happens in your town?

Ranger Mom
10-26-2005, 10:56 AM
Just your normal pumpkin bashing here.

People from Midland and Stanton come to Greenwood to take their kids Trick or Treating. The 7 roads behind the school are almost impossible to get down on Halloween.

ej2525
10-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
How bad do the Halloween pranks get in your town? Bridgeport used to have a really bad problem up until several years ago with egg throwing. Seems like a lot of the local kids used to like to go up to the store and buy em' out of eggs and then proceed to a street in a certain neighborhood and have an egg throwing war. It was known by the residents in town that you did not venture down this street on Halloween night, because anything and everything was declared a target. The local police always attempted to to break this activity up, but to no avail, because the kids always had "spotters" and would re-form after the police left. Fortunately, this event has seemed to have gone away in recent years. What happens in your town?

We used to have water balloon fights via cars/trucks/on foot when I was in high school (13 yrs) ago in this one particular neighborhood. Not sure if it still goes on to this day.

lepfan
10-26-2005, 04:54 PM
We used to have bottle rocket wars. It is really amazing we all have our limbs and eyes! My husband totaled a car on a city street because a bottle rocket came in the window and planted itself just under his butt area...needless to say he stood up to knock it out (to protect the 'jewels')...and as he did he stood up on the gas pedal...you can imagine the rest...it has to do with a concrete embankment, sudden stop, and resulted in the front bumper touching the the windshield. (he was at a stop sign) Those guys were so lucky to have not been hurt. But today about 25 years later it makes a good story. :)

ILS1
10-26-2005, 05:07 PM
We used to also throw water balloons,eggs and even cow chips!!! The cops got on us one time about the cow chips and eggs. They said water balloons were the only things we could throw at each other!!!

XWylieMom
10-26-2005, 05:44 PM
we would have water balloon fights/egg fights - but that was back when I could stay awake past 10p. My how time changes!

3afan
10-26-2005, 05:45 PM
ha, 10pm - i hear that!

Paratrooper
10-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic

Nothing like giving young minds more ideas.......lol:D