PDA

View Full Version : Astros, are they done?

99IHSMustang
10-26-2005, 07:03 AM
So what do you guys think?

spiveyrat
10-26-2005, 07:08 AM
As the fan's sign in Chicago said... Houston, we have a problem. :(

3afan
10-26-2005, 07:09 AM
i'd like to see nothiing more than a miracle comeback ... but, no, i see a sweep

wos fan1
10-26-2005, 07:21 AM
It's over tonight i'm afraid.

pirate44
10-26-2005, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
i'd like to see nothiing more than a miracle comeback ... but, no, i see a sweep
it pains me to say, but they are in serious trouble. i am rooting for a comeback. each game has been close, and i think its possible, but just not probable

neck_06
10-26-2005, 07:28 AM
if Backe can win tonight, then i have faith in CLEMENS, PETTITE< and OSWALT

stros in 7

gobbler grad
10-26-2005, 07:58 AM
I got the broom out...but i'm hoping for a Houston win tonight...:doh: I doubt it...:(

BlueBlood
10-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Toast

GUNHO
10-26-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
if Backe can win tonight, then i have faith in CLEMENS, PETTITE< and OSWALT

stros in 7
Now that's a bold statement considering Clemens will not be able to pitch after pulling his hamstring.Not to mention the fact they can't get any run support to speak of.But I like your attitude.
I would like to see us win at least one, but it looks doubtful.:(

AggieJohn
10-26-2005, 08:48 AM
i will watch out of loyalty, but i'm not hoping for much...

Ranger Mom
10-26-2005, 08:50 AM
How many innings did that game go?

I think it was top of the 14th and I just couldn't hold my eyes open anymore!

OMG!! I just realized something....I actually laid in bed and watched BASEBALL last night!!

:eek: :eek:

AggieJohn
10-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
How many innings did that game go?

I think it was top of the 14th and I just couldn't hold my eyes open anymore!

OMG!! I just realized something....I actually laid in bed and watched BASEBALL last night!!

:eek: :eek:

well there is a first for everything

Ranger05
10-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by GUNHO
Now that's a bold statement considering Clemens will not be able to pitch after pulling his hamstring.Not to mention the fact they can't get any run support to speak of.But I like your attitude.
I would like to see us win at least one, but it looks doubtful.:( They have scored more runs in this series than they did against the cardinals, the run support is there the pitching staff needs to pick it up

Maroon87
10-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Never give up! LET'S GO ASTROS!!!:clap:

AggieJohn
10-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Ranger05
They have scored more runs in this series than they did against the cardinals, the run support is there the pitching staff needs to pick it up
i think that they are broke after what they had to do in st. louis and atlanta to get it done

spiveyrat
10-26-2005, 09:29 AM
They have scored more runs in this series than they did against the cardinals, the run support is there the pitching staff needs to pick it up

The run support is there? Huh? They left how many runners in scoring position last night? And they went from the 4th to the 8th inning without a hit. The game was Houston's to win with their offense and they just didn't do the job. :doh:

GUNHO
10-26-2005, 09:56 AM
They'er not playing the Cardinals and the birds didn't do that well hitting either.The pitching has kept these games close.Other than last nights 5 run inning the pitching has been enough to win.The Stros left 15 on base and the majority of those were in scoring position.I saw a stat that read the Stros were 2 for 32 ( something like that ) with men in scoring position through 3 games.The Sox have just done a better job of hitting when men are on base.IMO all the other areas have played well enough to win with the exception of getting hits with men in scoring position.

District303aPastPlayer
10-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Game Over
Series Over

GreenMonster
10-26-2005, 12:25 PM
put a fork in 'em, they're done.

Gobbla2001
10-26-2005, 12:31 PM
I never say never... and this time is no different...

These last two sure have been heartbreakers, I can tell you that...

One thing is that the last two games have gone into extra innings and the first game was not THAT dominating of a win by the White Sox...

And couple of swings of the bat and the 'Stros could be up 2-1 right now... but as we all know, the bat hasn't been swinging too well with RISPs...

Basically what I am saying is that they are not being dominated enough to call the series over, or to call them done...

Go 'Stros...

pirate44
10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I never say never... and this time is no different...

These last two sure have been heartbreakers, I can tell you that...

One thing is that the last two games have gone into extra innings and the first game was not THAT dominating of a win by the White Sox...

And couple of swings of the bat and the 'Stros could be up 2-1 right now... but as we all know, the bat hasn't been swinging too well with RISPs...

Basically what I am saying is that they are not being dominated enough to call the series over, or to call them done...

Go 'Stros...
ive had time to think about it, and i agree with you. they can pull off 3 wins, im sure of that, and if they do, they have to be favored to win game 7. i guess it is all on Backe's shoulders. if he can win, look out.

Go 'Stros!

I Bleed Red08
10-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
As the fan's sign in Chicago said... Houston, we have a problem. :( Houston is in a deep hole i don't think they can dig their way out of it.

tap_tx_sinton
10-26-2005, 01:06 PM
They are deep in the whole but i feel they still got the team that can pull something out.
They made history already just being there, why not make some more history and win 4 in a row for the World Series.

Go Astros You Can Do Ittttttttt

eagles_victory
10-26-2005, 02:22 PM
I don't think they can do it and quite frankly I hope that they don't. The White Sox are a very good team. No superstars but a collective effort of good players. This team blew past the defending champs Red Sox. Took out most of the ESPN baseball guys picks to win the AL in 5 games. Now there up on the Astros 3-0 they just keep finding ways to win. They have caught some breaks but a break dosen't mean anything if you don't take advantage of it and they have. You turn off the Tv and there down turn it back on and there winning the game. This may be the only team you will ever see the Astors play where they dont have the starting pitching advantage. With all that being said after last years ALCS anything can happen.

NateDawg39
10-26-2005, 02:25 PM
They may win the next one...but thats all they will have to show

Bandera YaYa
10-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

:eek: :eek: Oh lordy.......you left that door wide open!!! HAHAHAHAHA !!! :devil: :devil:Good thing I'm such a prude......... :p :p :p

Bandera YaYa
10-26-2005, 02:31 PM
So, after the win tonite, when and where are the next games????? :thinking:

Phil C
10-26-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I don't think they can do it and quite frankly I hope that they don't. The White Sox are a very good team. No superstars but a collective effort of good players. This team blew past the defending champs Red Sox. Took out most of the ESPN baseball guys picks to win the AL in 5 games. Now there up on the Astros 3-0 they just keep finding ways to win. They have caught some breaks but a break dosen't mean anything if you don't take advantage of it and they have. You turn off the Tv and there down turn it back on and there winning the game. This may be the only team you will ever see the Astors play where they dont have the starting pitching advantage. With all that being said after last years ALCS anything can happen.

You are right there eagles but George and the Yankees and the other rich teams will get their free agents and destroy that team like they did the Marlins and Arizona.

eagles_victory
10-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
You are right there eagles but George and the Yankees and the other rich teams will get their free agents and destroy that team like they did the Marlins and Arizona.
Yea you are right about that. It is proven that most of the time teams with smaller payrolls are usually one hit wonders.

Vrabird
10-26-2005, 04:55 PM
After the win tonite, they play Thursday in Houston and game #6 & #7 are in Chicago on the weekend. Go Stros!!

Leopards,class of 75
10-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
Never give up! LET'S GO ASTROS!!!:clap: I'm with you Maroon!!! Boston didn't give up last year, why should we???? Win or lose, I am still very proud of the Astros!!!!