PDA

View Full Version : Season's Biggest Surprises to Date?

Bullaholic
10-25-2005, 03:02 PM
In North Texas:

Abilene Wylie's loss to Graham
Breckenridge's late season play
Iowa Park's slow start
Graham's late season play
Bridgeport's lopsided loss to Decatur
Little Elm
Kennedale

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
In North Texas:

Iowa Park's slow start
Little Elm
Kennedale

I would also put Jasper in this category. They are playing much better ball now and may do some damage in the playoffs, but I would not have figured the Bulldogs would have fallen as much as they have.

Bullaholic
10-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I would also put Jasper in this category. They are playing much better ball now and may do some damage in the playoffs, but I would not have figured the Bulldogs would have fallen as much as they have.

That's true Ptrooper, but I was trying to stay in my area, as I am not that familiar with a lot of the other teams.

IHStangFan
10-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Ingleside crushing Mathis week before last

District303aPastPlayer
10-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Ingleside crushing Mathis week before last

no lie...

IHStangFan
10-25-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
no lie... i get the scores via text msgs on my cell phone for the area from the Caller.....i thought for SURE they had gotten em backwards or something...or just plain WRONG. Guess Ingleside just went off that night.

District303aPastPlayer
10-25-2005, 03:59 PM
i get the scores via text msgs on my cell phone for the area from the Caller.....i thought for SURE they had gotten em backwards or something...or just plain WRONG. Guess Ingleside just went off that night.

after the AP game.. yeah... it happens

IHStangFan
10-25-2005, 04:01 PM
after the AP game.. yeah... it happens yeah, Ingleside goes down to AP, then stomps a mudhole in Mathis...NOT what I expected. I think in another year or so, as the guys mature, the inconsistancies will disappear and they will be formitable.

injuredinmelee
10-25-2005, 04:42 PM
to me it was how well Graham played against Wylie and DOMINATED the game.

District303aPastPlayer
10-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Sinton AND Cuero both being undefeated still...

IHStangFan
10-25-2005, 04:45 PM
Sinton AND Cuero both being undefeated still... i orig. quoted you to tell you that you were nuttier than a squirrel turd...but then i realized what you meant....yup....very interesting. :thinking:

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2005, 04:54 PM
nuttier than a squirrel turd...:thinking:

:evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

Hupernikomen
10-25-2005, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper

Yeah what are they thinking losing to 2A #2 rank, 3A #2 rank and to a fairly good 4A team in Beaumont Central...3-3 on the year and letting everyone down..oh well there is always next year. Wonder who gets the privledge of beating us in Region III this year? It will be our first Reg. III playoff loss in 4 years. Maybe BC will get the honor. Surely those baseball players that suited up for BC this year along with the football faithful there will have better luck than the last time they tried.

Who knows we may even have a winning record after tonight..

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2005, 05:29 PM
The biggest surprise (and quite a nice one) is that a player we thought would not be able to return this season will be playing Friday night. Welcome back # 44 & tear 'em up, but be careful. :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
The biggest surprise (and quite a nice one) is that a player we thought would not be able to return this season will be playing Friday night. Welcome back # 44 & tear 'em up, but be careful. :thumbsup:

Did I miss something?:confused:

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2005, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Did I miss something?:confused:

LHMom's son will be suited up and playing. :)

SnyderMom
10-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Snyder's Victory over Wylie

.........:p

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 05:40 PM
LHMom's son will be suited up and playing. :)

:clap: :clap: That is AWESOME news!!!!!:clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by SnyderMom

:clap: :clap: That was funny!!

j_dog
10-25-2005, 06:11 PM
Congratulations! :)

donjuan
10-25-2005, 09:05 PM
Monahans is 8-0. they were 4-6 last year. they had a new offseason and kept the two on the varsity staff that came up with it. they added lots of new positive coaches and a new head coach who has lots of fire. kids are a lot stronger and have real good discipline from what I see. looks like a different group from last year.

garageoffice
10-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
In North Texas:

Iowa Park's slow start
Little Elm
Kennedale

I'll agree with you on this. Coming into this season there were some questions to be answered. Given that and the difficulty of our schedule many were expecting the Wildcats to end up with a losing season for the first time in several years. The kids have really picked it up this year, though, and could easily be undefeated if not for a dropped touchdown pass at the end (among other things) against Kaufman.

I'm not sure you'd have gotten many to buy into that kind of season back in August.

Leopards,class of 75
10-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Sinton AND Cuero both being undefeated still... why are you surprised about Cuero/?They are #1 in the state.

44INAROW
10-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
why are you surprised about Cuero/?They are #1 in the state.

We were supposed to play each other, but didn't get to due to Hurricane Rita - so one of us would have had a loss

tyson105
10-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
to me it was how well Graham played against Wylie and DOMINATED the game.

Perhaps it is because I played in that game, but I would also have to agree that it is Graham's domination of Wylie that ranks number one to me.

LHMom
10-26-2005, 09:36 AM

Aaahhh... Thanks, LHPM. This brought tears to my eyes.

SnyderMom
10-26-2005, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:clap: :clap: That was funny!!

I thought so too!! I figured that I would get my laughs in now, cause I probably won't be laughing on Friday. Someone want to ship me some Kleenex!??:crying: :weeping:

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by LHMom
Aaahhh... Thanks, LHPM. This brought tears to my eyes.

Could you pass on the message for me just in case I don't see him? :)

spiveyrat
10-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Yeah what are they thinking losing to 2A #2 rank, 3A #2 rank and to a fairly good 4A team in Beaumont Central...3-3 on the year and letting everyone down..oh well there is always next year. Wonder who gets the privledge of beating us in Region III this year? It will be our first Reg. III playoff loss in 4 years. Maybe BC will get the honor. Surely those baseball players that suited up for BC this year along with the football faithful there will have better luck than the last time they tried.

Who knows we may even have a winning record after tonight..

Yeah, we're just a humble, lil 'ol average team shooting for the status quo. ;)

Adidas410s
10-26-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by SnyderMom

yeah you are right...if Snyder wins this game it WILL be a surprise. However, I have thought all season long that how high Snyder was rated was a big surprise. I am not saying this to take a shot at Snyder. You can go back and look before the season started and I have said this since we first saw any rankings. It cracks me up that Wylie has been a solid team for 15+ years and we NEVER get any respect in preseason polls but then Snyder makes it to the semis for the FIRST TIME beore getting KILLED by Gilmer...and that warrants being a top 5 team when they lost 80% of their offense in Dee Walker last year? Sorry...just never added up for me

LHMom
10-26-2005, 10:09 AM
Could you pass on the message for me just in case I don't see him? :)

I sure will.... I already printed it out for his scrapbook.

WitchyWoman
10-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah you are right...if Snyder wins this game it WILL be a surprise. However, I have thought all season long that how high Snyder was rated was a big surprise. I am not saying this to take a shot at Snyder. You can go back and look before the season started and I have said this since we first saw any rankings. It cracks me up that Wylie has been a solid team for 15+ years and we NEVER get any respect in preseason polls but then Snyder makes it to the semis for the FIRST TIME beore getting KILLED by Gilmer...and that warrants being a top 5 team when they lost 80% of their offense in Dee Walker last year? Sorry...just never added up for me

That's because we pay them:p !!! You know what they say though "opinions are like _ _ _ holes, everybody has one and they all stink"

GGGOOOOOOO TTTTTTTIIIIIIIGGGGGEEEEEERRRRRRRSSSS
BEAT THE DAWGS !!! :D

Adidas410s
10-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by WitchyWoman
That's because we pay them:p !!! You know what they say though "opinions are like _ _ _ holes, everybody has one and they all stink"

GGGOOOOOOO TTTTTTTIIIIIIIGGGGGEEEEEERRRRRRRSSSS
BEAT THE DAWGS !!! :D

So are you actually trying to say something with this post or just waste space?

tap_tx_sinton
10-26-2005, 12:57 PM
SINTON WINNING AGAINST GREGORY-PORTLAND....

Just had to put that out there....

And Sinton not getting to play Cuero beacuse one team would not be undefeated..

WitchyWoman
10-26-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
So are you actually trying to say something with this post or just waste space?

Oh I'm sorry Adidas that's your job, what was I thinking to have the audacity to respond to the likes of you? We all know that anything posted by someone else is pointless due to you being the all knowing and most important poster on this board... Forgive me......... Please :p

Oh b.t.w. my POINT is we really don't care what your opinion of our rankings are. We ARE a good team and deserve every accolade we have received. thank you, thank you, no :clap: :clap: :clap: necessary, just throw money....

Go Mightttttyyyyyyy TIGERS :devil:

jakarta101
10-26-2005, 02:10 PM
wasnt Bridgeport ranked 8th in the state goin into the season and now they are like 3-5 or something like that...... goin from 8th to a record like that is pretty suprising?!?!?!

Bullaholic
10-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by jakarta101
wasnt Bridgeport ranked 8th in the state goin into the season and now they are like 3-5 or something like that...... goin from 8th to a record like that is pretty suprising?!?!?!

Surprise for everybody else, jakarta. Nobody in Bridgeport "went to the bank" with that pre-season #8 from the "newbies" at Texas Football Mag. Nice to see, but surprising.