PDA

View Full Version : Just trying to test my new picture thing....no need to reply

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 11:31 AM
No need to reply to this one. I am just testing my new picture at the bottom.

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 11:32 AM
Cool it works........hey thanks LH Panther Mom

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2005, 11:33 AM
Any time. :)

Adidas410s
10-25-2005, 11:33 AM
I think I can kinda tell...but what exactly is that picture?

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 11:34 AM
A night jump by the 82nd Airborne Division

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2005, 11:34 AM
Is that you preparing to jump out of a plane at night? Don't laugh if not, I need glasses.;)

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2005, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
A night jump by the 82nd Airborne Division

Hey, not bad, not bad at all!:)

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Is that you preparing to jump out of a plane at night? Don't laugh if not, I need glasses.;)

No this is just a generic pictures of one of our jumps. The only ones anyone has ever taken of me is when I jumped with the Germans and recieved my German Parachutist wings.

EAGLETOWN
10-25-2005, 11:44 AM
Wings, the only way I get wing is with Red Bull.

I need another!!

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN

I need another!!

Ahhhh....that explains ALOT!!

(Psst....it's 11:45 AM);)

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN

I need another!!

The only thing hard about jumping is the landing. However, jumping is just like stepping out of your house with a kick. It's really not that hard. I have been doing it for 11 years now. The only time I was actually sweating it was intially we were going to jump into Baghdad. That one the old pucker factor would have been up....lol

44INAROW
10-25-2005, 11:49 AM
The only thing hard about jumping is the landing.

The first step would be the hardest for me :eek: :eek: :eek: I have a feeling, I'd be totally passed out and wouldn't even know when I landed :)

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2005, 11:51 AM
The only thing hard about jumping is the landing. However, jumping is just like stepping out of your house with a kick. It's really not that hard. I have been doing it for 11 years now. The only time I was actually sweating it was intially we were going to jump into Baghdad. That one the old pucker factor would have been up....lol

:eek: :eek: :eek: I admire what you do, but definitely would not want to be in your shoes (boots). I guess, more often than not, the view is nice.;)

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I have a feeling, I'd be totally passed out and wouldn't even know when I landed :)

can't pull a rip cord if you're passed out:eek:

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 12:04 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: I admire what you do, but definitely would not want to be in your shoes (boots). I guess, more often than not, the view is nice.;)

Well, I thank you. Actually the view is not there as we are usually doing it at 2 in the morning. Then since they are throwing out massive numbers of people in the air you are having to worry about someone "sky sharking" you. It's a term we use for when people get too close. I have only collided once in mid air. You also have to look out for someone passing underneath you as they can literally steal your air making your chute collapse. I just had one of my 19 year olds this happened to. (the last jump I was on) He ended up burning in from only around 30 feet. Someone stole his air. Luckily for him it happened right before he hit the ground. It injured his back somewhat, but he will be okay, and will live to jump another day....lol. Course, we picked on him somewhat because when he hit apparently he hit so hard that his ballistic helmet actually came over his face and hit him in the nose causing a very swollen nose and this huge red mark right on end of it. He looked just like Rudolf the red nosed reindeer........LOL:D

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2005, 12:15 PM
Well, I thank you. Actually the view is not there as we are usually doing it at 2 in the morning. Then since they are throwing out massive numbers of people in the air you are having to worry about someone "sky sharking" you. It's a term we use for when people get too close. I have only collided once in mid air. You also have to look out for someone passing underneath you as they can literally steal your air making your chute collapse. I just had one of my 19 year olds this happened to. (the last jump I was on) He ended up burning in from only around 30 feet. Someone stole his air. Luckily for him it happened right before he hit the ground. It injured his back somewhat, but he will be okay, and will live to jump another day....lol. Course, we picked on him somewhat because when he hit apparently he hit so hard that his ballistic helmet actually came over his face and hit him in the nose causing a very swollen nose and this huge red mark right on end of it. He looked just like Rudolf the red nosed reindeer........LOL:D

Yikes...it is so dangerous and yet so many people love it.

Your post reminded me of going to an event in Houston at their big drop zone. As you know, they also drop a bunch of folks at once for formations etc....anyway, I witnessed a young lady get tangled in mid-air with another jumper...by the time she cut away, she never did pull her reserve. I ended up driving her husband to the morgue. It is something I will never forget.:(

Up until that point, I was actually considering the sport since I had many friends that did...it changed my mind for good.

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Yikes...it is so dangerous and yet so many people love it.

Your post reminded me of going to an event in Houston at their big drop zone. As you know, they also drop a bunch of folks at once for formations etc....anyway, I witnessed a young lady get tangled in mid-air with another jumper...by the time she cut away, she never did pull her reserve. I ended up driving her husband to the morgue. It is something I will never forget.:(

Up until that point, I was actually considering the sport since I had many friends that did...it changed my mind for good.

Our type of jumping is a little different than civilian jumping. When civilans jump they jump at a much higher altitude and they are using much better chutes. We use the old T-10's which you can barely steer. It is actually better to jump at a higher height as you have more time to make a decision if something goes wrong. We jump at usually 800 feet. We only have 1.4 seconds to make a decision if something goes wrong. How they came up with that calculation who knows.....LOL. I would have hated to been the dude who tested that theory.....lol We also jump with packs and weapons. I have had friends of mine severely injured doing it. One is a parapalegic now, and some, although rare, have died from it. The one guy I knew who is now a parapalegic was just a great NCO. He was a Sergeants sergeant.

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2005, 12:40 PM
In case I forgot to tell you.....thank you for what you do for this Country! I know there is no way that you are being paid enough for the amount of risk you take everyday. I have also heard that those chutes are not only harder to steer, but make for some of those really hard landings you mentioned earlier.

The stories and images you have stored in your mind, will be with you forever. I am praying for your safety today and everyday.:)

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 12:46 PM
In case I forgot to tell you.....thank you for what you do for this Country! I know there is no way that you are being paid enough for the amount of risk you take everyday. I have also heard that those chutes are not only harder to steer, but make for some of those really hard landings you mentioned earlier.

The stories and images you have stored in your mind, will be with you forever. I am praying for your safety today and everyday.:)

Thank you. I do appreciate it. There is many folks some right on these boards who you will never know who have done great things. I just hope after my 20 years is done, I have tried to do my best. Thanks.