PDA

View Full Version : Marlin Going 2A!!!!!

spur-that-mule
10-25-2005, 09:54 AM
Hear that the numbers in Marlin are sitting at 378 right now. Could be headed down to the 2A Ranks for the next 2 years

olddawggreen
10-25-2005, 09:59 AM
No way:eek:

NateDawg39
10-25-2005, 10:00 AM
I predict a state tilte in the near future...:thinking: Of course thats what people said about West Orange Stark last year:rolleyes:

spur-that-mule
10-25-2005, 10:02 AM
That is ture about the State Title....there have been many schools that have dropped to a lower classification and been taught a new lesson the next year in football...........but the numbers are there.....at least 378, and could be lower.

District303aPastPlayer
10-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by spur-that-mule
That is ture about the State Title....there have been many schools that have dropped to a lower classification and been taught a new lesson the next year in football...........but the numbers are there.....at least 378, and could be lower.

cite your sources :)

rhs78
10-25-2005, 10:07 AM
You can add Rice dropping down with 360 students this year.

spur-that-mule
10-25-2005, 10:40 AM
Know reason to cite the sources, because we all know that there is nothing fact until the day that the attendance is drawn....but just know that many people in the school system have said this....so this number has to come from somewhere within the district

Adidas410s
10-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
I predict a state tilte in the near future...:thinking: Of course thats what people said about West Orange Stark last year:rolleyes:

The drop from 4A to 3A is NOWHERE near the drop that you get from 3A to 2A. Top 3A schools have been competing with top 4A's for as far back as I remember and have been successful in many cases.

dutchman
10-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Last I heard was that Coach Malone would appeal, if that is possible, to prevent Marlin from dropping down.

ej2525
10-25-2005, 12:30 PM

Don't forget there is this little town in East TX called Newton!!!

Hupernikomen
10-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
Don't forget there is this little town in East TX called Newton!!!

Newton and Marlin are well acquainted with each other.

Bearkat
10-25-2005, 01:36 PM
2A should play the Newton/Marlin game week 1 and crown the state champ early!!

Hupernikomen
10-25-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat
2A should play the Newton/Marlin game week 1 and crown the state champ early!!

I am sure Celina, Garrison and a handful of others might object.

theyoefnshow
10-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen

Agreed. They said the same thing when Hearne & McGregor dropped. Granted they aren't Marlin quality teams, a drop wouldn't be anything that could be taken for granted. They would dominate but Celina, Mart, Newton & Corrigan Camden (how are they this year?) could have something to say about it.

Hupernikomen
10-25-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
Agreed. They said the same thing when Hearne & McGregor dropped. Granted they aren't Marlin quality teams, a drop wouldn't be anything that could be taken for granted. They would dominate but Celina, Mart, Newton & Corrigan Camden (how are they this year?) could have something to say about it.

Last I saw CC was struggling but looked to make it into the playoffs. Team like Corrigan always dangerous when the playoffs roll around.

venomous tat2
10-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by dutchman
Last I heard was that Coach Malone would appeal, if that is possible, to prevent Marlin from dropping down.

You can request to stay in a class if your #'s are down but you can't ask to stay down if your #'s are up ?:thinking:

Matthew328
10-25-2005, 07:21 PM
The drop served Everman well!

SintonFan
10-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Don't forget Blanco, Schulenburg and it would be interesting to see what Halletsville is doing with their numbers.

lostaussie
10-25-2005, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
Don't forget there is this little town in East TX called Newton!!! exactly. there is always somebody.

Rabbit'93
10-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
The drop from 4A to 3A is NOWHERE near the drop that you get from 3A to 2A. Top 3A schools have been competing with top 4A's for as far back as I remember and have been successful in many cases. Name a 3A school that could hang with Highland Park, LaMarque, or Ennis:confused: ;) :thinking:

SintonFan
10-25-2005, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
Name a 3A school that could hang with Highland Park, LaMarque, or Ennis:confused: ;) :thinking:
Rabbit what's funny about this is when Everman was 3A they could hang with these guys. The minute they go 4A it changed. What's up with that?

Rabbit'93
10-25-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Rabbit what's funny about this is when Everman was 3A they could hang with these guys. The minute they go 4A it changed. What's up with that?
I will say that the teams that Everman had during those 3A years were special, but I do not think if you put them up against the top 4a programs they cold beat them. The difference is amazing(as we're finding out). We(Forney) look like peewee kids compared to some of these schools.

SintonFan
10-25-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Rabbit'93
I will say that the teams that Everman had during those 3A years were special, but I do not think if you put them up against the top 4a programs they cold beat them. The difference is amazing(as we're finding out). We(Forney) look like peewee kids compared to some of these schools.
Maybe some of those 4A teams are just better now than they were a few years ago? lol Peewee kids, thats scary but funny...:(

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Also Hempstead may drop below the cut?

spur-that-mule
10-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Who can hang with Ennis...go back and see who snapped their home game winning streak....MARLIN!

LogieJoeBean001
10-26-2005, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by dutchman

It's possible but there are a WHOLE bunch of people who have to agree to it. I was reading about this just the other day in the UIL link that was in one of the posts. It involves ALL superintendents in ALL districts involved on BOTH sides, which in this case would be all in the affected 2a and 3a districts. Just not sure it'd be something that would be overturned that easily.

mwynn05
10-26-2005, 10:35 AM
If Marlin drops they might not even be the best team in their district(they probably would though) especially if they have a down year Mart is usually pretty good

spur-that-mule
10-26-2005, 11:36 AM
it won't be protested.....just another year to challenge on the field of play!

3afan
10-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan

graduation ...............

chaingang
10-26-2005, 11:49 AM

Another classy Decatur Fan. Couldnt resist making a jealous comment about WOS.:rolleyes:

PlayaJBiehl20
10-26-2005, 01:09 PM
I predict a state tilte in the near future...:thinking: Of course thats what people said about West Orange Stark last year:rolleyes: Good point. But if Marlin does go 2a I think that they will win state.