PDA

View Full Version : Stockton going to 2A?

panther power
10-25-2005, 08:03 AM
I heard from a very reliable source in the uil community that several schools in the area are dropping classifications. Stockton, for one, will be going to 2A, Andrews will go to 3A, and either Pecos or Monahans will go to 2A as well. What are your thoughts? I believe the new district in 2A for these schools will be Fort Stockton, Crane, Kermit, Monahans, and Pecos. It's just a thought. What a shame......

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 08:37 AM
That's strange...as of last reallignment, Greenwood had the smallest enrollment with 509.

Monahans had the next to the largest with 629.

Where you been Panther Power?? Are you still living across from Grande?

injuredinmelee
10-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by panther power
I heard from a very reliable source in the uil community that several schools in the area are dropping classifications. Stockton, for one, will be going to 2A, Andrews will go to 3A, and either Pecos or Monahans will go to 2A as well. What are your thoughts? I believe the new district in 2A for these schools will be Fort Stockton, Crane, Kermit, Monahans, and Pecos. It's just a thought. What a shame......

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE NUMBERS WILL BE!!! YOUR SOURCE IS CRAP! ONLY THE UIL KNOWS AND THOSE PEOPLE ARE SO SWOPRN TO SECRECY. THEY HAVE NOT EVEN HAD THE NUMBERS TURNED IN FROM EVERY DISTRICT YET. HOW WOULD THEY HAVE SET THE NUMBERS SET?

panther power
10-25-2005, 12:43 PM
Im still here across the Grande......lol, just been busy. Trust me the source is very reliable, a prodominant figure in the athletic school systems, whether it happens or not is up to them, i was just passing on the word.

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by panther power
Im still here across the Grande......lol, just been busy. Trust me the source is very reliable, a prodominant figure in the athletic school systems, whether it happens or not is up to them, i was just passing on the word.

Wow! It seems hard to believe that someone with so much influence would be spilling the beans for all the world to know. :thinking:

panther power
10-25-2005, 12:48 PM
Never said she had state wide influence, just passing the word, let it be. Never said it was scripture, it was just what "she" had heard. And "she" is in a very highly respected position in the school area in west texas. That's all I am saying.

Black_Magic
10-25-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE NUMBERS WILL BE!!! YOUR SOURCE IS CRAP! ONLY THE UIL KNOWS AND THOSE PEOPLE ARE SO SWOPRN TO SECRECY. THEY HAVE NOT EVEN HAD THE NUMBERS TURNED IN FROM EVERY DISTRICT YET. HOW WOULD THEY HAVE SET THE NUMBERS SET? BTW... has wylie had another one of those flu epidemics for the month of october where they have 80 or so gone.???:clap:

pero chato
10-25-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
BTW... has wylie had another one of those flu epidemics for the month of october where they have 80 or so gone.???:clap:

Are students unenrolled just because they have the flu? LOL

wildstangs
10-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Has Stockton lost that many kids since the last reallignment?!?! They just dropped from 4A a few years ago.

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Has Stockton lost that many kids since the last reallignment?!?! They just dropped from 4A a few years ago.

I don't know about this year, but I know in the past they didn't even have enough kids to field a freshman team.

wildstangs
10-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I don't know about this year, but I know in the past they didn't even have enough kids to field a freshman team.

Pecos too...They were both VERY large 3A schools a few years ago. I would be very surprised to see either of these schools drop.

GreenMonster
10-25-2005, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Pecos too...They were both VERY large 3A schools a few years ago. I would be very surprised to see either of these schools drop.
Both of these schools were 4A just a few years ago. I have a hard time believing those schools would drop 2 classifications in less than 10 years.

lobo12
10-25-2005, 09:51 PM
i thought stockton and pecos were much bigger, last enrollment monahans had 529, if anyone dropped to 2a i would think it would be greenwood with them being the smallest school in the district

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by lobo12
i thought stockton and pecos were much bigger, last enrollment monahans had 529, if anyone dropped to 2a i would think it would be greenwood with them being the smallest school in the district

Did you mean to put 529?? DCTF has Monahans at 629.

lobo12
10-26-2005, 12:36 AM
yes i did i thought it was 529, i might be mistaken that is a good possiblility

rhs78
10-26-2005, 09:15 AM
The Enrollments turned in from last Time. For you Info.
Fort Stockton-686
Pecos-676
Seminole-634
Monahans-629
Lamesa-620
Midland/Greenwood-509

zeus63
10-26-2005, 09:23 AM
I don't think that anyone in 3-3A is in danger of dropping to 2A. Any one of these towns would have had to lost some serious numbers berfore that happened. I'm not saying it is impossible, but highly improbable.