PDA

View Full Version : People in the Abilene area

VWG
10-25-2005, 07:22 AM
Of the three QB's coming out of the Abilene area since last year... who is the best?
Case Keenum
Taylor Potts
Colt McCoy

Now I know McCoy graduated last year and is a RS freshman at UT.
Is Potts (Tech commit) better than McCoy or Keenum? Why?
Was McCoy better than these guys? He definitely got the scholarship to a better, higher profile college program than the other two.
Is Keenum a better QB than Potts now?

injuredinmelee
10-25-2005, 07:25 AM
I have watched them all 3 play numerous times. It is hard to tell who is the best of the group however. Potts probably has the strongest arm of the 3. Colt probably has the better touch of the 3 but Case has the pocket prescense (sp) that the other two lacked. Case doesnt get rattled easily and I have seen both Potts and McCoy get rattled so bad they cant make plays. They are all 3 great. Potts could hav gone just aobut anywhere he wanted and chose to go to pass it but dont tackle Tech. Lets look back at this post in 4 years and see where they are all at.

sirhc11
10-25-2005, 08:16 AM
I'm pretty sure Keenum is going to Houston, and is my pick for the best QB in the LONG RUN.

Who?
10-25-2005, 08:17 AM
I've seen Keenum play a lot more than either of the other two guys so I may be a little biased but I'm going to say Case is the better QB. McCoy did have the magic touch that made it look like he were simply playing catch with guys deep downfield. Also you can't look at where these guys are going to college. Many people questioned McCoy's disicion to go to UT because he may not get as much play time there as he would with a smaller school. Keenum moves better than I've seen the other 2 guys move and his ability to make good tacklers just fall off of him right before he runs for a first down or makes a big pass to the endzone is amazing. I don't know how accurate the stats are but gofridaynight.com has him listed as number 2 in rushing yards and number 1 in passing yards out of all the 3a districs they cover. There's a lot more to being a quarterback than throwing the ball these days...that's why Vick made it to the NFL.

injuredinmelee
10-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by sirhc11
I'm pretty sure Keenum is going to Houston, and is my pick for the best QB in the LONG RUN.

Case to UH and Potts to Tech