10 Giddings 7 1 1.470 36.57

3afan
10-25-2005, 07:42 AM
now YOUR favorite, right? ;)

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2005, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
now YOUR favorite, right? ;)

if you believe that rankings make the team, then yes. i agree that polls are just someone's opinion and has no effect on what happens on the field.

3afan
10-25-2005, 08:03 AM
yep, i've said that 1000+ times ...

Old Cardinal
10-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Congrats to Gainesville for stomping a hapless little team--it got you a top ranking LOL. Maybe BC should have not touched the knee near the goal line showing mercy at the end of their game. Our subs did enjoy getting to play again, hopefully it will pay off to have backups if our starters get hurt in the playoffs.
I can see how you will never be replaced in that spot if you keep stomping the weak little teams in your District.
And yes it is a good poll, as polls go!

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2005, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Congrats to Gainesville for stomping a hapless little team--it got you a top ranking LOL. Maybe BC should have not touched the knee near the goal line showing mercy at the end of their game. Our subs did enjoy getting to play again, hopefully it will pay off to have backups if our starters get hurt in the playoffs.
I can see how you will never be replaced in that spot if you keep stomping the weak little teams in your District.
And yes it is a good poll, as polls go!

we all knew you'd try to spin it in your favor. i hope your backups do as well as our 3rd sting did, i doubt BC's 2nd string is as good as Gainesville's 3rd string.

WOS92
10-25-2005, 11:30 AM
Ummmm... According to the official stats, Bridge City scored a TD with 13 seconds left in the game - a two-yard run by Coleman. At what point did they take a knee?

BRC-John Dishon 2 run (A.J. Hecker kick) 11:56, 2nd
ANA-Kelby Shandy-Kerby 8 pass from Casey Hedges (Casey Hedges kick) 4:32, 2nd
BRC-John Dishon 88 kickoff return (A.J. Hecker kick) 4:19, 2nd
ANA-Casey Hedges 26 FG :15, 2nd
BRC-John Dishon 47 run (A.J. Hecker kick) 10:17, 3rd
BRC-Derrick Coleman 2 run (A.J. Hecker kick) :13, 4th

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by WOS92
Ummmm... According to the official stats, Bridge City scored a TD with 13 seconds left in the game - a two-yard run by Coleman. At what point did they take a knee?

good post :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

3afan
10-25-2005, 11:41 AM

busted!

Old Cardinal
10-25-2005, 11:48 AM
No they kicked off and recovered a fumble right near the goal line. At that point the took the knee and did not push it in...Our subs were doing a good job...

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 11:52 AM

I am a HUGE Bridge City fan, and I do agree that they must have been flat in this one. I understand it was anahuac's homecoming, so that might have played into the mix also, but I really don't think that was a good performance by Bridge City. We will see how they respond to Hampshire Fannett before I pass judgement on them. All the rest of the teams they have played they have absolutely smoked.

ALLSPORTSGUY
10-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I don't think that was Coleman that scored it was Cody Roberts if I am not mistaken. I will say BC did take a knee but I don't think they would have scored it was more to preserve a possible injury. Anahuac did have a very good game plan I was kind of disappointed at the conservative offense we were running it makes for a boring game. I guess a win is a win though just glad to have it.

Old Cardinal
10-25-2005, 01:04 PM
Paratrooper, You are right, BC played a different type of game. They revealed nothing to the scouts. They just used talent to score and mostly ran the middle. Had they done that to some of their other opponents early it would have been closer.
Boy this Gainesville bunch tickle me they could not even play with a lot of Region III teams. They have a pathetic weak District Pottsboro 408, Pilot Point 426, Whiteboro 493, Bowie 512, and then the big tough one LOL Sanger 680. It also is funny, they lobby and crybaby and finally get moved(really gerrymandered) over into Region I thinking it will be a better chance to reach the final four--A. Wylie wins it last year and their prepetural playoff reroute scheme backfires.
I have tried hard to ignore certain posters, hoping they would have the courtsey to do the same. I will continue to try--but to be basically accused of lying by a ambulance-chasing Houston Trial Lawyer is hard not to respond to, but I will keep trying.

You are right H-F is no pushover and it should be a good game. They gave WO-S some trouble for a while but WO-S is blessed with tallent that turned the game around.

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2005, 01:12 PM
Paratrooper, You are right, BC played a different type of game. They revealed nothing to the scouts. They just used talent to score and mostly ran the middle. Had they done that to some of their other opponents early it would have been closer.
Boy this Gainesville bunch tickle me they could not even play with a lot of Region III teams. They have a pathetic weak District Pottsboro 408, Pilot Point 426, Whiteboro 493, Bowie 512, and then the big tough one LOL Sanger 680. It also is funny, they lobby and crybaby and finally get moved(really gerrymandered) over into Region I thinking it will be a better chance to reach the final four--A. Wylie wins it last year and their prepetural playoff reroute scheme backfires.
I have tried hard to ignore certain posters, hoping they would have the courtsey to do the same. I will continue to try--but to be basically accused of lying by a ambulance-chasing Houston Trial Lawyer is hard not to respond to, but I will keep trying.

You are right H-F is no pushover and it should be a good game. They gave WO-S some trouble for a while but WO-S is blessed with tallent that turned the game around.

i hate to say this, but your an idiot, Gainesville prefers Region 2 over Region 1. if you have a problem with Gainesville's district, talk to the UIL. if you knew just 10% of what you think you knew, you'd be a genius, but right now you just an idiot that just wants to stir the pot. idiots like you give the other fans of BC a bad name.

etbu
10-25-2005, 01:14 PM

BRC-Derrick Coleman 2 run (A.J. Hecker kick) :13, 4th :eek: :eek: :eek:

WOS92
10-25-2005, 01:17 PM
H-F is ok, but didn't give the Stangs any trouble and shouldn't give BC any trouble if they're as talented as you tout them to be.

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 01:19 PM
Goodness.......WHEW!.....LOL......Bridge City as well a Gainesville have great teams. Both are loaded and both could beat each other probably on any given night. Whether Bridge City is number 1 or number 6 or vice versa with Gainesville it really doesn't matter. I actually think in general that all teams rated in the Top 20 can beat each other on any given night. One really doesn't have a significant advantage over the other one. Both teams are going to make noise in the playoffs.

Rainman
10-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Anahuac is a hard place to play.
They have terrible facilities.
Bridge City is a team that is good but hated throughout the district everyone shows up with their A game and will play them with all they have. Congrats to BC.

Hupernikomen
10-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Goodness.......WHEW!.....LOL......Bridge City as well a Gainesville have great teams. Both are loaded and both could beat each other probably on any given night. Whether Bridge City is number 1 or number 6 or vice versa with Gainesville it really doesn't matter. I actually think in general that all teams rated in the Top 20 can beat each other on any given night. One really doesn't have a significant advantage over the other one. Both teams are going to make noise in the playoffs.

Personally, I don't think BC could hang with Gainesville and I suspect the same is going to be true of WO-S.

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Personally, I don't think BC could hang with Gainesville and I suspect they same is going to be true of WO-S.

WOS may have some problems with BC this year. Normally WOS has just dominated the series, but last year WOS barely escaped with an overtime win. This will be one heck of a game though. I may have to fly back home just to watch this one.....LOL :D

exbccards76'smom
10-25-2005, 02:40 PM
Our guys played flat the entire first half. I think playing so many games caught up with them I am hoping that a few days inbetween games will help them out.

Hupernikomen
10-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
WOS may have some problems with BC this year. Normally WOS has just dominated the series, but last year WOS barely escaped with an overtime win. This will be one heck of a game though. I may have to fly back home just to watch this one.....LOL :D

WOS might have squeezed by but they won't allow that to happen again this year. I think it will get ugly in the 2nd half. Just my opinion and be the first to give Cards their due respect if they show me otherwise. I just think it is a bit much for BC fans to be even talking about perfect seasons, and being D-II favorites if they win the region. You haven't beaten a real contender yet. Beat WO-S and I will jump on the BC bandwagon until they face my Dawgs.

WOS1
10-25-2005, 03:50 PM
All I've been hearing for 2 weeks from OC is that BC is #1 in the Massey poll. I've even ask where I could see this poll with no response. My question is, How can BC go from #1 to #6 without losing a game over the course of a week? Does this poll work that way?

As for the BC squad, I think they are very good and I'm impressed with their defense so far. I think it will be a tough game indeed.

3afan
10-25-2005, 04:03 PM
http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=hsf&sub=TX#3A

Paratrooper
10-25-2005, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
All I've been hearing for 2 weeks from OC is that BC is #1 in the Massey poll. I've even ask where I could see this poll with no response. My question is, How can BC go from #1 to #6 without losing a game over the course of a week? Does this poll work that way?

As for the BC squad, I think they are very good and I'm impressed with their defense so far. I think it will be a tough game indeed.

Look at the schedule strength. It is not that good, so the teams they are presently playing they have to really put it on them to remain that high. However, even I don't feel Bridge City should be number 1 in the state and I am a huge Cardinal fan. However, I like to think I remain objective when it comes to Bridge City and where they should be placed. I think right now, they should honestly be at or around 15th in the state.

Old Cardinal
10-25-2005, 04:35 PM
I don't really care about who is #1 are anything dealing with that. I did find it amusing when some Poll named BC #1 after hearing all the blabbering about who is #1 on this website. That kind of made by day!
I am just glad that an unranked teaml (till lately) can emerge as a viable contestant. I congradulate the Coaches and boys of BC for a 6-0 season thusfar.
It may well not be BC, but there is some team out there that is going to surprise all of those that assume because of their past record that it will automatically happen again.
It is almost tragic looking at some post this year: how hard it is for some people to have to share a bit of the limelight with teams that are doing well, that-- they-- have written off a perpetual losers.

Old Cardinal
10-25-2005, 04:51 PM
To HighSchool Fan: I will of course refrain from calling you names. I will respond in the following way:
In the B-29s the Bomber Squadron had a saying, "You never catch any FLAK until you are right on target!"

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2005, 04:58 PM
To HighSchool Fan: I will of course refrain from calling you names. I will respond in the following way:
In the B-29s the Bomber Squadron had a saying, "You never catch any FLAK until you are right on target!"

all i ask is start telling the truth, it's not that hard. well, for some people it's not.

SuusJudex
10-25-2005, 06:35 PM
... You are right H-F is no pushover and it should be a good game. They gave WO-S some trouble for a while but WO-S is blessed with tallent that turned the game around.

good grief, it started out 14-0. when HF did score, WO-S returned the kickoff for a TD, it was 28-6 in the 2nd quarter. turned the game around? gave WO-S trouble for a while? when? was WO-S heckled severely as they got off the bus?

crack is bad for you - don't you know that?