PDA

View Full Version : To those of you who think wrestling is fake

3afan2K3
01-20-2004, 10:39 PM
watch some of these clips

http://www.spinnersweb.freeserve.co.uk/qwert/

wildstangs
01-20-2004, 10:40 PM
I know its fake, but I dont deny that is funny and entertaining.

3afan2K3
01-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Did you not watch any of the clips?

poncho
01-20-2004, 11:25 PM
I said wrestling was fake on another post. I watch it all the time. I didn't say it wasn't entertaining. lol

Mondays @ 8pm
Thursday@ 7pm

Phil C
01-21-2004, 09:57 AM
I have always heard it was a fake and I once had a chance to ask a professional wrestler that wresled on tv if it was a fake and he told me "If you think it is a fake just get in the ring and you'll see whether it is a fake or not."

Junkyard
01-21-2004, 10:07 AM
The athleticism and pounding these guys take is far from fake, however I think the outcome is predetermined and each match is somewhat scripted. From what I understand they talk to each other during the match to tell each other what is going to happen next.

poncho
01-21-2004, 11:32 AM
Junkyard:
The athleticism and pounding these guys take is far from fake, however I think the outcome is predetermined and each match is somewhat scripted. From what I understand they talk to each other during the match to tell each other what is going to happen next.When I say its fake I'm talking about blows to the throat,eyes and head area, common sense tells you people couldn't handle that day in and day out. The rest I agree with. The atheleticism is amazing and they do get very real injuries. :cool:

<small>[ January 21, 2004, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: poncho ]</small>

Junkyard
01-21-2004, 02:01 PM
poncho:

Junkyard:
The athleticism and pounding these guys take is far from fake, however I think the outcome is predetermined and each match is somewhat scripted. From what I understand they talk to each other during the match to tell each other what is going to happen next.When I say its fake I'm talking about blows to the throat,eyes and head area, common sense tells you people couldn't handle that day in and day out. The rest I agree with. The atheleticism is amazing and they do get very real injuries. :cool: Yea you are right about the eyes and throat shots if those were real and not pulled shots the careers would not last very long.

3afan2K3
01-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Junkyard:
however I think the outcome is predetermined and each match is somewhat scripted. From what I understand they talk to each other during the match to tell each other what is going to happen next.Yes it is pre-scipted on who is gonna win. I'm not quite sure they talk to each other seeing how there are fans 10 or less feet away.

Green Ranger
01-21-2004, 08:49 PM
Just my point of view, but if it is "Pre-scripted" they are acting are they not. Actors follow a script and on Broadway they improvise. I am not saying wrestlers are not athletes as they are, likewise I am not saying they dont get hurt cause they do but in general wrestling in entertainment with the occasional accident. Watch Monday and Thursdays and see how many missed drop kicks or punches, then they improvise then get back to the script. So one could say, they are acting athletes.

Bandera YaYa
01-22-2004, 11:49 AM
Let me first say, I HATE WRESTLING!! I think you have to be a real moron to watch and enjoy it. I think it is pre-planned, the "moves" are practiced and scripted. It's all about steroid hyped up macho kacho men who are to scared to be real boxers so they get their huge egos pumped up by all the screaming morons that pay money to see them prance around, their mouths shouting about who's better and bigger and who is going to kill who and blah blah.....makes me sick to death. Makes me even sicker to know hundreds of thousands of humans think this is a great form of entertainment. What are we becoming....??
A world of morons...tsk, tsk......what a waste of brain cells.....Ugh!!

Yeah, you asked!!! :D

CatWoman
01-22-2004, 12:04 PM
I agree Ya Ya!!

jason
01-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Bandera YaYa:
Let me first say, I HATE WRESTLING!! I think you have to be a real moron to watch and enjoy it. I think it is pre-planned, the "moves" are practiced and scripted. It's all about steroid hyped up macho kacho men who are to scared to be real boxers so they get their huge egos pumped up by all the screaming morons that pay money to see them prance around, their mouths shouting about who's better and bigger and who is going to kill who and blah blah.....makes me sick to death. Makes me even sicker to know hundreds of thousands of humans think this is a great form of entertainment. What are we becoming....??

Yeah, you asked!!! :D ROTFL

3afan2K3
01-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Bandera YaYa:

Yeah, you asked!!! :D wrestling is way more dangerous than boxing! Did you not go to the link, especially watch the one where Sid Viscous breaks his leg Break!!! INFAMOUS!!!!

3afan2K3
01-25-2004, 12:24 PM
WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/spinner/asdfg/sid.mpg

ya ya does that change your mind at all?

<small>[ January 25, 2004, 11:25 AM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

marlin fan
01-25-2004, 12:39 PM
I think Wrestling is fake. 3afan2k3 i think that was a stunt that went wrong wink

29x281
01-25-2004, 01:06 PM
To quote the site, "You mean you really *watch* that crap?"

Seriously, 2k3, why do you watch it? What impulse does it appeal to?

3afan2K3
01-25-2004, 01:37 PM
29x281:
Seriously, 2k3, why do you watch it? What impulse does it appeal to?Why do you watch football?

Keith7
01-25-2004, 01:49 PM
3afan2K3:

29x281:
Seriously, 2k3, why do you watch it? What impulse does it appeal to?Why do you watch football?Football is real.. not a drawn out soap opera for red necks and little kids

29x281
01-25-2004, 05:46 PM
So you're saying football and pro wrastlin are equivalent?

Wrestling's demographics, as Kieth has pointed out, are far narrower than football's. I'll bet you could find a clear reverse correlation between an individual's level of education and his propensity for watching pro wrestling.

therealbulldogs
01-25-2004, 06:54 PM
My question is why do people like to watch a bunch of overgrown men run around in their underwear?

jason
01-25-2004, 07:25 PM
therealbulldogs:
My question is why do people like to watch a bunch of overgrown men run around in their underwear?there are some hott girls...i like the 'lingerie matches' lol

poncho
01-25-2004, 08:43 PM
If you like silicone hotties...

3afan2K3
01-26-2004, 05:27 PM
therealbulldogs:
My question is why do people like to watch a bunch of overgrown men run around in their underwear?I dont really notice the underwear and what they are wearing, maybe thats just you

therealbulldogs
01-26-2004, 05:28 PM
3afan2K3:

therealbulldogs:
My question is why do people like to watch a bunch of overgrown men run around in their underwear?I dont really notice the underwear and what they are wearing, maybe thats just youThat's just it, I don't like to watch men run around in their underwear.

crzyjournalist03
01-26-2004, 05:43 PM
3afan2K3:

therealbulldogs:
My question is why do people like to watch a bunch of overgrown men run around in their underwear?I dont really notice the underwear and what they are wearing, maybe thats just youI don't notice the clothes they ARE wearing....it's the clothes that they're NOT wearing but they should be that annoys me.