PDA

View Full Version : VY says he'll return to UT

3afan
10-25-2005, 05:09 AM
Young again? Texas QB says he'll return

10:22 PM CDT on Monday, October 24, 2005
By CHIP BROWN / The Dallas Morning News

AUSTIN – Junior Texas quarterback Vince Young said Monday he plans to come back to UT next season and that he regrets striking a half-hearted Heisman Trophy pose during the Texas Tech game Saturday.

"I just stay humble and tell people I signed to play here, and I'm playing here," Young said. "I'm coming back [next year]. That decision, I'm not thinking about it right now. I'm worrying about Oklahoma State and sending our seniors out with a bang.

"You've got to leave that decision open. But right now I plan on coming back."

Of his Heisman pose on the sideline with teammates after a third-quarter, 75-yard touchdown pass to Billy Pittman on Saturday, Young said, "I kind of regret it."

"I don't want people thinking I've got an ego. I was just playing with some of my teammates, who were like, 'Let me see it.' I just gave them a little taste, not the whole thing."

Young said he won't strike the Heisman pose again – unless he wins the trophy.

"If I won it, I'll strike it all the time," he said, laughing.

Young second in pass efficiency
Quarterback Vince Young is second nationally in pass efficiency, ahead of players such as USC's Matt Leinart and Notre Dame's Brady Quinn.

"It means a lot to be that high," said Young (169.5), who trails Louisville's Brian Brohm (169.8). "They said I couldn't throw. It wasn't that Vince couldn't throw. I had to get my new receivers on the same page with me and get more comfortable with the offense," he said.

Young completes 65.6 percent of his passes. He has 14 TD passes and seven interceptions.

Brown lists concerns after Texas Tech win
With his team No. 1 in the new BCS standings released Monday, coach Mack Brown said he has a short, but important, list of concerns heading into the Longhorns' final four games:

• Get running backs Selvin Young and Jamaal Charles healthy. (Both have been nagged by ankle injuries but are expected to share time Saturday at Oklahoma State.)

• Force more turnovers. Texas is only plus-1 in turnovers this season.

• Have players not look ahead. "Being focused is part of it," Brown said. "If we're not good enough mentally to stay focused down the stretch, then we don't deserve to be at the top of the BCS poll."

Briefly ...
Oklahoma State, UT's opponent Saturday at 6 p.m. in Stillwater, Okla., is ranked 111th of 117 teams in turnover margin. The Cowboys are minus-9, having given up the ball 22 times, while forcing only 13 turnovers. ... Texas is the only team in the nation to rank in the top 10 in both scoring offense and scoring defense. ... LB Robert Killebrew earned a new reputation with teammates after posting 13 tackles and roughing up Texas Tech QB Cody Hodges with a couple late hits that weren't called. "Robert's a maniac," said safety Michael Griffin. Coach Mack Brown said, "Robert Killebrew has improved as much as any player on our team this season."

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
[b]Young second in pass efficiency
Quarterback Vince Young is second nationally in pass efficiency, ahead of players such as USC's Matt Leinart and Notre Dame's Brady Quinn.

"It means a lot to be that high," said Young (169.5), who trails Louisville's Brian Brohm (169.8). "They said I couldn't throw. It wasn't that Vince couldn't throw. I had to get my new receivers on the same page with me and get more comfortable with the offense," he said.

Young completes 65.6 percent of his passes. He has 14 TD passes and seven interceptions.

that can't be right, all the guru's on the DL says he can't pass. maybe the one's who says he can't pass really don't know as much as they think they know.

3afan
10-25-2005, 06:32 AM
dang i miss my DMN ....

injuredinmelee
10-25-2005, 07:20 AM
I love you Vince. If it was possible I would carry your love child... ok not really but STAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

injuredinmelee
10-25-2005, 07:22 AM
LB Robert Killebrew earned a new reputation with teammates after posting 13 tackles and roughing up Texas Tech QB Cody Hodges with a couple late hits that weren't called. "Robert's a maniac," said safety Michael Griffin. Coach Mack Brown said, "Robert Killebrew has improved as much as any player on our team this season."

As i was watching the game I kept thinking wow if we can wake this kid up everyweek he and Aaron Harris can control the line of scrimmage. I thought BRob #39 played a superb game also.

sirhc11
10-25-2005, 08:19 AM
Wow that's such a relief, but we'll have to wait and see what he does when those agents start telling him about a 40M+ contract.

AggieJohn
10-25-2005, 08:20 AM
desmond howard did it......

is there a pic of it

Hupernikomen
10-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
that can't be right, all the guru's on the DL says he can't pass. maybe the one's who says he can't pass really don't know as much as they think they know.

It is an aberration..he will make a good receiver in the NFL according to our experts. :rolleyes:

handNthedirt
10-25-2005, 10:31 AM
VY is a drug dealer!!!

District303aPastPlayer
10-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
VY is a drug dealer!!!

see if you last much longer saying stuff like this

JasperDog94
10-25-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
VY is a drug dealer!!! You know, we haven't had many roms this year, but you could be well on your way...:rolleyes:

htowntransplant
10-25-2005, 12:08 PM
i have this gut feeling that vince will not be drafted as a QB when he enters. proly as a running back or reciever like matt jones.

handNthedirt
10-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by htowntransplant
i have this gut feeling that vince will not be drafted as a QB when he enters. proly as a running back or reciever like matt jones.

he'd be the only 6'5 RB in the league.