PDA

View Full Version : Female Kicker Accepts Homecoming Crown In Cleats!!!

ILS1
10-24-2005, 08:47 PM
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Darby Lentz wore football cleats instead of high heels when she stepped onto Lincoln High School's football field at halftime to be crowned homecoming queen.

The 17-year-old Lentz is the kicker on the football team in Charleston, W. Va. While she hasn't attempted a field goal, she's made 14 of 16 extra point attempts this season.

When the homecoming court was announced at halftime on Oct. 14, she accepted the honor in her football uniform, the Charleston Daily Mail reported Monday.

"It was awesome," she said. "I didn't have a clue. It was awesome when they called my name."

Lentz, a senior, was prom queen earlier this year. She's also a member of student council and has a 3.8 grade point average. She thought about playing football during her junior year and decided to try out for the team this summer.

"I'm the only girl, but it doesn't bother me," she said. "The guys do a really good job of holding the line back."

Homecoming Queen (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2202712)

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Wow. I hope the king wasn't a football player as well or that might look like a pretty awkward couple from a distance.

eagles_victory
10-24-2005, 08:54 PM
They have already had the prom.

Ranger05
10-24-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Insanity_Strikes_Again
Wow. I hope the king wasn't a football player as well or that might look like a pretty awkward couple from a distance. That is crazy