PDA

View Full Version : "THE" Game of the Week (9) - the Battle of the Bell: Rockdale @ Cameron Yoe

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2005, 07:06 PM
District 19 - the Battle of the Bell, the Rockdale Tigers will be in Cameron to take on the Yoemen.

Rockdale, 3-5, had a very rock start, losing all three non-district games. Since district play has started, they've managed to win 3 of 5 games, losing to Hutto and Giddings. The team features our very own BBDE & Tiger_WR. This is a must win game for the Tigers.

Cameron, 8-0, and team of sic'em74, just recently had the huge win over previously undefeated Giddings. They're currently ranked # 3 on the AP poll and a win will set them up for the final game with Hutto, to possibly determine the distict championship.

Thoughts? Predictions?

rockdale80
10-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Depends on which Rockdale team shows up.

NateDawg39
10-24-2005, 07:56 PM
Yoe up by 20 at half

theyoefnshow
10-24-2005, 08:21 PM
while I appreciate the acknowledgement, I don't think this one is gonna be game of the week material. Cameron found it's groove 2nd half against Giddings. If they play like that from here on out, it's gonna be close to impossible to stop them. Cameron should score at least 40 and hold the Tigers to less than 10. No offense to the boys on the other side of the river, that's just the way it is this year.

CHS_CG
10-24-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Depends on which Rockdale team shows up.

totally agree! Rockdale has talent, but their coaching staff and players need to find the right groove to bring it all together. If its not dont this week in practice, it will be Cameron on the way, if they find it, we could be in for a shock.

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2005, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by theyoefnshow
while I appreciate the acknowledgement, I don't think this one is gonna be game of the week material.

;) I have my reasons for it being here.

sicem74
10-24-2005, 08:48 PM
and me!

LH Panther Mom
10-24-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
and me!

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave you off. :)

Old Tiger
10-24-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
and me! lol...charles

Ranger05
10-24-2005, 09:38 PM
cameron yoe by 7

Bearkat
10-25-2005, 08:53 AM
This game isn't close on paper and it won't be close on the score board. Cameron will dominate all game long.

sicem74
10-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
lol...charles
lol :D

Old Tiger
10-25-2005, 10:16 AM
What's on paper, records, stats does not matter in this game. Utah and R80 will agree with this and possibly sicem lol

eagles_victory
10-25-2005, 02:21 PM
The game is played on the field not a piece of paper. Rockdale is backed in to a corner fighting for their playoff lifes. These kids don't want their careers ended by their arch rivals from Cameron. The Tigers are going to come out in fight. It will be close at halftime and from that point anything can happen.

theyoefnshow
10-25-2005, 02:32 PM
wow. Perspective. Smithville was tied w/ Rockdale 0 - 0 at half. Smithville had NOTHING but maybe pride to play for and they held the Tigers to 0. At half, Cameron was up on them by 42 points. Now I realize that in this game records, stats & scores mean little but Rockdale does not have "it" this year. They have been blown out by both Giddings & Hutto and this game could be much worse. Out of respect, the score may be held down but the last time I said that, we scored over 50 points. Last year Rockdale made the mistake of taunting Derrick Evans from the sidelines during warm up before the game started. He caught 3 touchdowns shortly thereafter. If they are smart, it's a mistake they won't make again.

Johnny Utah
10-25-2005, 02:38 PM
Granted, Cameron is the favorite, and rightly so. Rockdale has talent from what I have been told, they are in a must win situation, etc... This rivalry should live up to all that it is, especially this week. Look for a close game, at least us Rockdale supporters hope so. If Cameron is over looking the Rock, could be a long night for Cameron!!!! No one was counting on Giddings at the beginning of the year, Manor was high on everyone's list, Rockdale was picked 4th. You never know with high school sports. Let the game be played!!!

rockdale80
10-25-2005, 03:21 PM
For anyone out there that does not know about the battle of the bell, it never matters what the records are when this game is played. You could be 7-0 vs. 0-7 and it wouldnt matter. This game is usually a good one, so if anyone in the area wants to see a good game get there early, because the place is usually packed by 6:30. Lets get em' Tigers...

Johnny Utah
10-25-2005, 03:41 PM
I agree Rockdale 80!!! Where is it being played this year??? Cameron going to be good for some time??? Going to be interesting what realignment does. Rumors abound every year, but have heard the Ducks might go down as well. Interesting!!!!

theyoefnshow
10-25-2005, 04:48 PM
hehe...the best part about Taylor dropping down to 3A again is that when they do, us & Rockdale usually smack em around 3A style lol
Bring em on down!

BIFF
10-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Uh Why is this the game of the week?
Cameron is obviously going to blowout rockdale.
Battle of the Bell
the bell has been rung game over
cameron 42
rockdale 7

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by BIFF
Uh Why is this the game of the week?
Cameron is obviously going to blowout rockdale.
Battle of the Bell
the bell has been rung game over
cameron 42
rockdale 7

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
;) I have my reasons for it being here.

cowboyfan8
10-26-2005, 08:40 AM
Cameron has never had any trouble with Rockdale and it won't start Friday. Yoe 52-7

Bearkat
10-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Ok, Ok. I realize the game isn't played on paper. What I meant by my comment is, Rockdale isn't comparable even on paper. Yes, I do know about the Battle of the Bell, played in 3 myself. The sad thing is, Rockdale normally has the better athletes, they just get out-classed.

theyoefnshow
10-26-2005, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Bearkat
Ok, Ok. I realize the game isn't played on paper. What I meant by my comment is, Rockdale isn't comparable even on paper. Yes, I do know about the Battle of the Bell, played in 3 myself. The sad thing is, Rockdale normally has the better athletes, they just get out-classed.

Was in two. Outcoached is more like it. The ugliness of this game is gone for the most part as the mutual respect is there, though there is the occassional taunt or jawing here and there. 52-7...heh..wouldn't that be funny....

Johnny Utah
10-26-2005, 09:18 AM
OUTCOACHED!!! OUTCLASSED!!!! Give me a break!!! I was in that area for a long time, 8 years, Cameron has the better athletes year in and year out. Was a time when all Cameron was good at was Football, NOTHING ELSE!!! Rockdale is an overall sports program, or at least used to be. Dont give me that crap about being outcoached or outclassed!!! That is funny!!! Really funny!!! Cameron has a very good team, and should be favored. Go Tigers!!!

theyoefnshow
10-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Come on Johnny, remember the 97 game? The final score was 10-6 Yoemen and it took a last minute TD to Jason Locke to secure it. I think coaching had a bit to do w/ that one. Even the years when Cameron was down 00 and 01 I believe, they still beat Rockdale. But yes, Cameron should by all means have backups in this one no later than midway through the 3rd.

NateDawg39
10-26-2005, 02:29 PM
I forgot who i voted for...Yoe i think? Oh well, Ill never get to see my team play either so they could both lose and i wouldnt give a rip:D But good luck to both teams

Johnny Utah
10-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Really could not tell you who won the battles after about 98, but 10-6 final is classic. Are you telling me that coaching on Rockdale's part cost them that game??? Wow!!! I disagree!!! Melvin Gardner ring a bell???? Played very well for the Tigers, was at Cameron at one time!!!

rockdale80
10-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Come on Johnny, remember the 97 game? The final score was 10-6 Yoemen and it took a last minute TD to Jason Locke to secure it. I think coaching had a bit to do w/ that one. Even the years when Cameron was down 00 and 01 I believe, they still beat Rockdale. But yes, Cameron should by all means have backups in this one no later than midway through the 3rd.

Did you play then? I played in 97 and 98.

Johnny Utah
10-26-2005, 03:20 PM
I guess you were overated Rockdale 80!!! Cameron rules Rockdale every year, or so they say!!! I do know this, Cameron had one heck of a back in 1990, Tezino or something like that, ran all over Rockdale, 42-7!!! Rockdale has won their share though!!!

theyoefnshow
10-26-2005, 04:17 PM
Cameron lost the BOTB in the 95 season during Dodge's last year w/ us. In 96, Sapp took over and won it 7 consecutive times. Mullins lost it his first year then came back and got it last year and should keep it this year and next. Wow...Melvin Gardner...remember the name but I can't place the face...he was a running back wasn't he?

rockdale80
10-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Cameron lost the BOTB in the 95 season during Dodge's last year w/ us. In 96, Sapp took over and won it 7 consecutive times. Mullins lost it his first year then came back and got it last year and should keep it this year and next. Wow...Melvin Gardner...remember the name but I can't place the face...he was a running back wasn't he?

Tight end/defensive end.

YoePride05
10-26-2005, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
OUTCOACHED!!! OUTCLASSED!!!! Give me a break!!! I was in that area for a long time, 8 years, Cameron has the better athletes year in and year out. Was a time when all Cameron was good at was Football, NOTHING ELSE!!! Rockdale is an overall sports program, or at least used to be. Dont give me that crap about being outcoached or outclassed!!! That is funny!!! Really funny!!! Cameron has a very good team, and should be favored. Go Tigers!!!

Cameron hasn't been a one sport program in a very long time. The other sports may be off and on from time to time but the Yoemen and the Lady Yoe have pretty good records dating way back. And just in case you were wondering, we usually outscore Rdale in UIL academics too. So just because we have brought the bell home 35 times out of 50, don't go putting down our other programs.

Good Luck to both teams this Friday!
I'm going to have to say
Cameron 35
Rockdale 7

Whiskey Tough
10-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Yoe takes it home, Yoe by 7.

sicem74
10-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by YoePride05
Cameron hasn't been a one sport program in a very long time. The other sports may be off and on from time to time but the Yoemen and the Lady Yoe have pretty good records dating way back. And just in case you were wondering, we usually outscore Rdale in UIL academics too. So just because we have brought the bell home 35 times out of 50, don't go putting down our other programs.

Good Luck to both teams this Friday!
I'm going to have to say
Cameron 35
Rockdale 7
wow congrats on ur first post whoever you are

Johnny Utah
10-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Would not have said a word if yoeforshow, or what ever the name is, said Rockdale gets out coached and out classed!!! Okay, tell me when Cameron was really good in anything besides football. I am talking on the boys side, granted Cross Country, but what else besides football. Just asking, not calling anyone out or bashing a program. The Lady Yoe were never mentioned, and academics do not come into play on an athletic board. I would like concrete numbers of number of times in the playoffs of team sports besides football!!! Just a question. I have agreed all along, Cameron is the favorite.

rockdale80
10-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Bearkat

I think you need to watch what you say about the class comment. I am not sure what incident you are talking about if you even have a reason for saying that, but I am sure it is an isolated incident and is not indicitive of the program as a whole. That is if you even have a reason for saying that. I do know if you knock us down we are the first ones to congratulate you for it, and if we knock you down we are there to pick you back up.

BIFF
10-27-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

always startin stuff ;)

cowboyfan8
10-27-2005, 08:37 AM
All time record YOE 35 rockdale 15
NUFF SAID

cowboyfan8
10-27-2005, 08:47 AM
Other sports being successful in Cameron? Have been a staple in state baseball playoffs since the early 80's under Sapp. Traditionally 3-4 rounds deep all through 80's. I played ball for Sapp from "93-"95 and went a combined 42-12. All I remember about rockdale in baseball is they were not good! Don't compare these two schools in overall sports programs. YOE hands down!

Bearkat
10-27-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by cowboyfan8
Other sports being successful in Cameron? Have been a staple in state baseball playoffs since the early 80's under Sapp. Traditionally 3-4 rounds deep all through 80's. I played ball for Sapp from "93-"95 and went a combined 42-12. All I remember about rockdale in baseball is they were not good! Don't compare these two schools in overall sports programs. YOE hands down!

Didn't Cameron go 3 deep in baseball last year under new head coach, and former Yoemen 3rd basemen, Tommy Brashear.

cowboyfan8
10-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Coach Brashear and Coach Gilchrist are doing a heck of a job with that program. Parents need to leave them alone and let them do their job. Is 3 deep not good enough? If your kid does not want to cut his hair, he can join a punk rock band!!

Gobbla2001
10-27-2005, 07:08 PM
My prediction:

Cameron will score ALOT!!!

Rockdale will score very little!!!

:D

ILS1
10-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
My prediction:

Cameron will score ALOT!!!

Rockdale will score very little!!!

Oops!!! Sorry about that. Just got my laptop back from the shop. Gobbla2001 was still logged in to the 3ADL on my computer from the last time he was here!! Those are my predictions instead!!!

bearkatdad
10-28-2005, 07:47 AM
Just curious....who and what determines the 'Game of the Week'?

LH Panther Mom
10-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by bearkatdad
Just curious....who and what determines the 'Game of the Week'?
Many are suggestions from others. Some are picked based on years of rivalries. When neither of these are a factor, I'll look at schedules all through the regions and pick those that look to be a good game.

aggie
10-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
Melvin Gardner ring a bell????

whatever happened to him...i played with him when he was in cameron and against him after he moved back to rockdale...last i heard he went to baylor to play football...but never heard anything else about him.

rockdale80
10-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by aggie
whatever happened to him...i played with him when he was in cameron and against him after he moved back to rockdale...last i heard he went to baylor to play football...but never heard anything else about him.

Too many injuries. He kept getting hurt and dropped out of the program I think.

Johnny Utah
10-28-2005, 02:30 PM
What ever happened to Greg Gerthe??? He went to Tulane on a scholarship correct???

PlayaJBiehl20
10-28-2005, 05:34 PM
I think that CY has this one.