PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Kicker Cortez loses job...

Astrosdawg07
10-24-2005, 04:35 PM
IRVING, Texas (AP) - The Dallas Cowboys waived kicker Jose Cortez on Monday, one day after he missed a 29-yard field goal in a 13-10 loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

The Cowboys signed rookie Shaun Suisham to take his place.

"Just been too many erratic things," said Cowboys coach Bill Parcells, who added that Cortez was "terrible" during pregame warmups Sunday.

Cortez made 12-of-16 field goals and was 3-of-6 on attempts longer than 40 yards.

In a 16-13 win against the Giants on Oct. 15, Cortez won the game on a 45-yard field goal in overtime.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5021390

Bandera YaYa
10-24-2005, 04:36 PM
....Bill.....always looking for someone else to blame.......he's an idiot! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NateDawg39
10-24-2005, 04:37 PM
I think he would have been a good asset to the Cowboys...yet we will never know, now we have a guy from Bowling Green!!:rolleyes:

Maroon87
10-24-2005, 04:41 PM
He should cut himself for not telling Bledsoe to take a knee.

HighSchool Fan
10-24-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
He should cut himself for not telling Bledsoe to take a knee.

he tried to lose to the giants last week. he's to predictable.

Phil C
10-24-2005, 04:53 PM
Seems like a hasty decision. There is enough blame to go around to all the Cowboys for losing that game. I think when they had fourth and one at the two yard line they should have gone for it. If they don't make it a td wins but Seattle is inside the two yard line. Oh well that is not foresight but the other way around.

Phil C
10-24-2005, 04:54 PM
In all fairness to Cortez the snap was wide and even though the holder did a good job at setting it it probably threw Cortez off in his follow through.

eagles_victory
10-24-2005, 04:55 PM
That is just the life on an NFL kicker. He will be back with someone.

pantherpop
10-24-2005, 05:06 PM
Even though I think he had very little to do with the loss yesterday I agree with the decision to let him go. Actually he should have been gone long ago as there are plenty of unemployed kickers around. I sure don't understand Parcells thinking towards the end of most of their games this year however.

sinton66
10-24-2005, 05:47 PM
He needed to go. He is a crappy kicker. Why do you think San Diego ran him off?

Ranger05
10-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
He needed to go. He is a crappy kicker. Why do you think San Diego ran him off? i agree i dont think he was a very good kicker either, i thought there were better ones in the free agency

lostaussie
10-24-2005, 06:00 PM
He needed to go. He is a crappy kicker. Why do you think San Diego ran him off? THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT.

ro_tex_solja
10-24-2005, 06:08 PM
the fact of the matter is..it really isnt cortez's fault...if the cowboys are as good as they are supposely are it should have never came down to one field goal

sinton66
10-24-2005, 07:02 PM
You've got to be kidding me. The Seahawks have the most prolific offense in the NFL thus far this year, and Dallas almost beat them in their house. In spite of losing two top receivers, the Seahawks have been able to put the numbers up with the ones they now have. Hasselback is probably the most underated QB in the NFL.

Dallas isn't quite as good as they are thought? Sorry, not buying that one. Cortez missing a 29 yard kick is plenty grounds to fire him. I never would have signed him in the first place. He sucked as a kicker for San Diego, and he continued that with Dallas. Good riddance, I say.

ro_tex_solja
10-24-2005, 07:08 PM
thats gonna be funny if they dont even make the playoffs....and if they do they will get smashed first round for sure...how bout blamin the retard bledsoe for throwin that pass...he is the idiot..i know cortez sucks bad but cant we blame bledsoe too

sinton66
10-24-2005, 07:18 PM
How about Dallas wouldn't have been in position to pull out anything without Bledsoe. Did he throw an int? Yes, he did. He also got the team down the field to put up the 13 points that Dallas did score. How does that make him a retard? Roger Staubach, Craig Morton, Don Meredith, Troy Aikman all threw INT's from time to time. Staubach is considered by many as one of the best, but even the "Artful Dodger" had his bad throws. There are times when a receiver (if he's worth what he's paid) should become the defender and prevent the int. There is ALWAYS more than one side to the story.

ro_tex_solja
10-24-2005, 07:22 PM
all im saying is u can blame him for throwing into double coverage...that was a dumb throw....and sinton66 i think if dallas is your team u better have a backup team to go for in the playoffs cuz they might be watchin the playoffs from a plasma.....lol

sinton66
10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Bledsoe didn't call the play. Parcells' offensive co-ordinator did. Any Quarterback has to depend on his receivers to make the play happen. It's a two-way street. One throws, one catches or makes sure the defender doesn't. Those receivers are professionals too.

And it doesn't matter to me what you think of the Cowboys(or anybody else for that matter). They have always been my favorite pro team and always will be. Trust me on this , I've been watching them since their first year in the league (1960, when they didn't win a single game). I've seen them up, I've seen them down, no matter.

ro_tex_solja
10-24-2005, 07:40 PM
im pretty sure its up to bledsoe to read the defense...and im pretty sure he isnt supposed to still throw the ball if a corner is sitting infront of the receiver....if it werent for the cowboys defense they would be dead last in their division...

gobbler grad
10-24-2005, 07:48 PM
they had other opportunities to score, so you can't blame it on the last drive...Bledsoe does not make that throw...you still had overtime to win the game...the Cowboys have peaked and are on their way out...:D

ro_tex_solja
10-24-2005, 07:54 PM
exactly....and that was obviously a fluke that they beat the eagles but they did have an injured mcnabb playing....i look for the eagles to win that division still as predicted by everyone at the beginning of the year

AggieJohn
10-24-2005, 09:32 PM
i would of pulled the plug

Ranger05
10-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
im pretty sure its up to bledsoe to read the defense...and im pretty sure he isnt supposed to still throw the ball if a corner is sitting infront of the receiver....if it werent for the cowboys defense they would be dead last in their division... yea i was like what are u doing bledsoe

JasperDog94
10-25-2005, 07:49 AM
He needed to go. He is a crappy kicker. Why do you think San Diego ran him off? Thank you!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

JasperDog94
10-25-2005, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Even though I think he had very little to do with the loss yesterday... Are you serious? :eek: If he had made that 29 yard field goal, Seattle has to go for an onsides kick at the end of the game because they're still down by three. That changed the whole game.

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2005, 07:53 AM
....if it werent for the cowboys defense they would be dead last in their division...

you mean the same defense that gave up 2 late TD's to washington and gave up the TD that tied the game up against Seattle. Great defenses do it for 60mins, not 58.

JasperDog94
10-25-2005, 07:55 AM
You know it's funny. Bledsoe is one of the top rated QBs in the league this year and he makes 1 bad throw and people say he's a terrible QB and that Dallas is on the way down. lol. I guess everyone's got an opinion.:)

neck_06
10-25-2005, 07:56 AM
CORTEZ SUCKS!!!!!!! i'm glad they got rid of him, and i'm sure he is too, because if he missed anymore kicks i think Larry Allen was gonna kill him

AJ_2005
10-25-2005, 09:20 AM
SUCKS TO BE HIM

LogieJoeBean001
10-25-2005, 09:35 AM
....if it werent for the cowboys defense they would be dead last in their division...

But they are dead last in their division...according to the post game report on Fox. I sure hated to hear this too and was a bit surprised...just that the rest of the teams in the Cowboys' division have pretty much even records.

I'm a die-hard Cowboys fan...remember many a Sunday afternoon watching Roger and all the rest