PDA

View Full Version : Texas # 1

Rainman
10-24-2005, 01:10 PM
Espn is now reporting that Texas has surpassed USC in the BCS poll to become # 1

Bandera YaYa
10-24-2005, 01:11 PM
Ha....something we already knew......GO HORNS !!!!!! :D :D :clap: :clap:

HighSchool Fan
10-24-2005, 01:15 PM
let's hope they can keep their ranking. with the very weak schedule they have left anything can happen in them computers.

BMOC
10-24-2005, 01:15 PM
That's good news!!!! :D

park place 45
10-24-2005, 01:17 PM
it doesn't matter.....texas won't finish undeafeted....they will lose to A&M in a shootout in College Station. It will be USC back at #1 in 4 weeks.

Black_Magic
10-24-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by park place 45
it doesn't matter.....texas won't finish undeafeted....they will lose to A&M in a shootout in College Station. It will be USC back at #1 in 4 weeks. crap! A&M wont even be within 21 points of UT..:rolleyes:

HighSchool Fan
10-24-2005, 01:19 PM
it doesn't matter.....texas won't finish undeafeted....they will lose to A&M in a shootout in College Station. It will be USC back at #1 in 4 weeks.

as usual, an aggie trying to steal some limelight off of a UT thread.

garageoffice
10-24-2005, 01:21 PM

Tryin' to figure out what part of the A&M team will be able to keep up with Texas...the iffy offense or suspect defense...oh, it must be that mythical 12th man!

Come back to the real world park place!

htowntransplant
10-24-2005, 01:26 PM

^^Award winning post^^

not in a good way...

texas will walk all over a&m. any big 12 team that allows texas state to bomb 300 pasing yards on them probably needs to feel embarrased.

IHStangFan
10-24-2005, 01:34 PM
#1 or not, they will not win a Natl Champ. over USC. They may make it to the big dance, and they may go in w/ a #1 ranking...BUT!!....It will be the same story as when the "dominant" OU met up w/ the Trojans...they will get stomped.

pirate4state
10-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
#1 or not, they will not win a Natl Champ. over USC. They may make it to the big dance, and they may go in w/ a #1 ranking...BUT!!....It will be the same story as when the "dominant" OU met up w/ the Trojans...they will get stomped. o ye of little faith... :D

:) be happy!!! :evillaugh

LogieJoeBean001
10-24-2005, 01:49 PM

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Ranger Mom
10-24-2005, 01:54 PM
texas won't finish undeafeted....they will lose to A&M in a shootout in College Station.

:D :D :D :D :D

oh thank you!!! I was having a hard day, I needed a good laugh!!

IHStangFan
10-24-2005, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
o ye of little faith... :D

:) be happy!!! :evillaugh are you questioning me? thats IT..i'm calling Ms. Cleo to confirm that i am correct! :D

pirate4state
10-24-2005, 02:13 PM
are you questioning me? thats IT..i'm calling Ms. Cleo to confirm that i am correct! :D Call her and while you're at it ask her what the winning lotto numbers are!! :p :D

KTJ
10-24-2005, 02:15 PM
#1 or not, they will not win a Natl Champ. over USC. They may make it to the big dance, and they may go in w/ a #1 ranking...BUT!!....It will be the same story as when the "dominant" OU met up w/ the Trojans...they will get stomped.

How is it the same story?

The same story implies that we've made it to the NC game the last several years and have never won it. So...yeah....

KTJ
10-24-2005, 02:17 PM
And it's not a matter of a "weak schedule" more or less it's a "weak Big 12" this year.

But what everyone is forgetting is that sure, USC may get that #1 spot back but no matter what, the gap between Texas/USC and Virginia Tech or Georgia is getting bigger.

IHStangFan
10-24-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
How is it the same story?

The same story implies that we've made it to the NC game the last several years and have never won it. So...yeah.... the "story" i'm talking about is being over-hyped and then getting pummled by USC. and on the "made it but never won it" note....i'm not sure i understand your logic. youre bashing OU for not winning the big game after making it there several times?? i'm not sure how you are justified to make such a statement considering UT has had just as much success if not MORE so in recruitment during that timeframe and was not even able to MAKE the champ. game...so again...i'm not seeing your logic in bashing OU for not winning against a far superior USC team...which takes us back to my orig. statement....i knew OU would get stomped by USC then, and UT will get stomped as well provided they even make it and it isnt a USC/VT champ. game.

turbostud
10-24-2005, 03:43 PM
Va Tech still has to play #13 Boston College and Miami. I wouldnt put them in the National Championship just yet.

ILS1
10-24-2005, 05:02 PM
I think USC will eventually get back the #1 spot in the BCS in a couple of weeks. Not because of a Texas loss but because they still have to play 2 teams that have BCS rankings in #6 UCLA and #23 California. They will beat both of them. What could help Texas is,if Colorado wins out to make it to the Big XII Championship game and move up in the rankings. So when Texas beats them AGAIN in the Big XII Championship game that'll help their BCS standing. All that being said,it doesn't matter about rankings who's first and who's not,because both will go undefeated and will play for the NC on January 4th!!! It will be decided on the field like it's suppose to be done!!!

:D

sinton66
10-24-2005, 05:55 PM
the "story" i'm talking about is being over-hyped and then getting pummled by USC. and on the "made it but never won it" note....i'm not sure i understand your logic. youre bashing OU for not winning the big game after making it there several times?? i'm not sure how you are justified to make such a statement considering UT has had just as much success if not MORE so in recruitment during that timeframe and was not even able to MAKE the champ. game...so again...i'm not seeing your logic in bashing OU for not winning against a far superior USC team...which takes us back to my orig. statement....i knew OU would get stomped by USC then, and UT will get stomped as well provided they even make it and it isnt a USC/VT champ. game.

LAST year, USC could have beaten Texas, I agree. This year, Young has receivers to throw to(and by the time the NC happens, he may have an additional one), and the defense is even better than last year. If these two meet, I think Texas will surprise everyone and not only win, but turn in a similar performance to last Saturday. Reggie Bush will do well on the returns, but he won't run over Texas' defense. The Notre Dame game was not a fluke.

KTJ
10-24-2005, 05:55 PM
the "story" i'm talking about is being over-hyped and then getting pummled by USC. and on the "made it but never won it" note....i'm not sure i understand your logic. youre bashing OU for not winning the big game after making it there several times?? i'm not sure how you are justified to make such a statement considering UT has had just as much success if not MORE so in recruitment during that timeframe and was not even able to MAKE the champ. game...so again...i'm not seeing your logic in bashing OU for not winning against a far superior USC team...which takes us back to my orig. statement....i knew OU would get stomped by USC then, and UT will get stomped as well provided they even make it and it isnt a USC/VT champ. game.

Nowhere in my post did I mention, bash, or even think about OU, nor was that implied. So where you got that, I don't know.

My point was that you said the same story would happen to us again. What same story are you implying? That we are over-hyped? Over hyped on what basis? We are still the #2 team behind USC. If we were over-hyped then we would have lost to Ohio State. If we were over-hyped, we would have lost to Tech. None of those things happened. We haven't been on track to win a NC in 20 years yet you say it's the "same story." So once again, what same story is that?

ro_tex_solja
10-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
LAST year, USC could have beaten Texas, I agree. This year, Young has receivers to throw to(and by the time the NC happens, he may have an additional one), and the defense is even better than last year. If these two meet, I think Texas will surprise everyone and not only win, but turn in a similar performance to last Saturday. Reggie Bush will do well on the returns, but he won't run over Texas' defense. The Notre Dame game was not a fluke.

are u crazy? Turn in a performance similar to last saturday?? that is the stupidest thing ever.....if anything it will be a shoot out like the notre dame usc game...because neither defense will be able to shut down each other...there is no way way the run away against usc

ro_tex_solja
10-24-2005, 06:29 PM
texas will not hold on to their number one ranking because usc has a tougher schedule ahead of them...but both teams will meet in the rose bowl

lhspanther
10-24-2005, 07:03 PM
UCLA is looking tougher and tougher each weak though. The strength of schedule may go against the trojans at years in end. No dought they are still the champions until dethrowned, but i do believe texas has a better all around team. But if texas goes in without Jamal Charles they will not win, selvin young can not help vince young win the championship, he needs a better compliment to him in the backfield. Bush and V. Young are the two best players in football though i wish they could wait until after the National championship to give out the Heisman. And Texas A&M will not even get close to beating Texas. They could hardly handle Texas State and Baylor...