PDA

View Full Version : Jasper Reg III Champs 4 Years

89JDAWG
10-24-2005, 10:48 AM
Reg III is the toughest reg in state IMO. To represent it for the last 3 years was great but can we make it 4. Seems like everything is coming together any thoughts? I know the YOE man and marlin are waiting down the road any others?

jet sweep
10-24-2005, 10:53 AM
The domination of Kirbyville was a bit of a surprise.....seems ya'll are coming together at just the right time. Good luck to ya'll....hope ya'll have another great run....Take it easy on them Silsbee Tigers in a few weeks!!

JasperDog94
10-24-2005, 10:59 AM
Will the Yoe be Div. 2?

Hupernikomen
10-24-2005, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by 89JDAWG
Reg III is the toughest reg in state IMO. To represent it for the last 3 years was great but can we make it 4. Seems like everything is coming together any thoughts? I know the YOE man and marlin are waiting down the road any others?

Off the top of my head I would think BC and BH would be two major hurdles for someone.

Hupernikomen
10-24-2005, 11:41 AM

But let's be realistic here. We aren't in anyone's polls and have a 3-3 record. I wouldn't worry much about Jasper if I were in region 3 when their are ranked and undefeated teams like BC, BH and Yoe out there.

c-town_balla
10-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Yes Yoe is D 2

spiveyrat
10-24-2005, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
But let's be realistic here. We aren't in anyone's polls and have a 3-3 record. I wouldn't worry much about Jasper if I were in region 3 when their are ranked and undefeated teams like BC, BH and Yoe out there.

Yep, we'll be lucky to even make the playoffs this year. ;)

bulldogbark
10-24-2005, 12:29 PM
I have put my football stuff up already:( When does the Curling season start?

lostaussie
10-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
I have put my football stuff up already:( When does the Curling season start? baaaaaahhhhhh

Hupernikomen
10-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Yep, we'll be lucky to even make the playoffs this year. ;)

No I think we will sneak into the playoffs but being 3-3 means we shouldn't be getting our hopes up. Who knows we keep improving each week we might squeak into the 2nd round of the playoffs...but in the words of the great Greenspan...no need for "irrational exuberance."

89JDAWG
10-24-2005, 01:39 PM
so thats it BH, BC, YOE, and Marlin?

RoTexRider3
10-24-2005, 01:41 PM
so thats it BH, BC, YOE, and Marlin?

Bellville and Giddings are also region 3! They are 2 damn good football teams!

Hupernikomen
10-24-2005, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by RoTexRider3
Bellville and Giddings are also region 3! They are 2 damn good football teams!

Very true. Both have as good as a shot as BC, BH, Marlin and Yoe. Although Jasper has won Reg. III every year that we have been in 3A with our record at 3-3 it is "irrational exuberance" for us to think we should repeat. After all we aren't ranked or anything. :doh: :D

Sandman
10-24-2005, 03:53 PM
Watch out for the Crockett Bulldogs in D2. They were impressive in their win over Palestine. Also I think Palestine could do some damage in D1 if some of their injuries heal.

89JDAWG
10-24-2005, 04:03 PM
yea crocket used to be tough every year didnt they get a new coach?? I dont think that giddings or bellville will every see the likes of jasper and if they do they wont ever want to see them again!

Hupernikomen
10-24-2005, 04:24 PM
yea crocket used to be tough every year didnt they get a new coach?? I dont think that giddings or bellville will every see the likes of jasper and if they do they wont ever want to see them again!

I saw Giddings a few years back against Newton...Newton didn't like what they saw that year.

Giddings has Quality athletes. Their former players are all over college rosters.