PDA

View Full Version : Four Stitches

GreenMonster
10-23-2005, 09:25 PM
That's what it took to close up my 3 yr old's lip today. Pretty cool. We took pictures and saved the little bracelet that hospital put on her arm so we could put it in her baby book under the title of "First Stitches" how cool is that??? She's fine though, never even wimpered throughout the stitching. She only cried once, right after they put her in the bed. She told me she was scared so I held her hand. It was great! In case you can't tell, I'm rather proud of my little girl's first stitches, she's a tuff little turd. :D

setex
10-23-2005, 09:29 PM
This is a friggging 3A football board. Not WebMD :tongue: :tongue:

Ranger Mom
10-23-2005, 09:49 PM
Awwww.......she DOES sound tough!!

I have been really fortunate, my kids are 16, 17 and 19 and we have never suffered a broken bone or any stitches yet!

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2005, 10:25 PM
Awwwww. Glad to hear she's okay, GM. :)

Keith7
10-23-2005, 10:33 PM
My first stitches came my sophmore year of high school when i got a helmet to my chin and had to get 8 stitches, and I think I cried when they were putting them in.. I always wore a hard chinstrap after that..

SintonFan
10-23-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
That's what it took to close up my 3 yr old's lip today. Pretty cool. We took pictures and saved the little bracelet that hospital put on her arm so we could put it in her baby book under the title of "First Stitches" how cool is that??? She's fine though, never even wimpered throughout the stitching. She only cried once, right after they put her in the bed. She told me she was scared so I held her hand. It was great! In case you can't tell, I'm rather proud of my little girl's first stitches, she's a tuff little turd. :D
She sounds alot like my 8 year old. She received 4 stitches on her forehead when she tripped into our rocker. She never cried and actually looked up while they sewed her up. I was a proud papa. She was four years old. :)

mwynn05
10-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Awwww.......she DOES sound tough!!

I have been really fortunate, my kids are 16, 17 and 19 and we have never suffered a broken bone or any stitches yet! you shouldn't have said that

Ranger Mom
10-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
you shouldn't have said that

You are right....KNOCK ON WOOD!

With a son who rides bulls and a daughter who is a klutz:D it's a miracle!

GreenMonster
10-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by setex
This is a friggging 3A football board. Not WebMD :tongue: :tongue:

Kiss my pooper. :tongue:

Whiskey Tough
10-25-2005, 10:22 PM
you're a tool greenmonster

Rabbit'93
10-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Whiskey Tough
you're a tool greenmonster Grow up little boy!!!:mad:

SintonFan
10-25-2005, 10:31 PM
If he's a tool then he's probably a 1/2" ratchet and your maybe a 1/8" socket...
How you like them apples...:p

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 10:35 PM
ooooooh!!!

Green monster vs Whiskey tough!

My money is on "da monster"!!

GreenMonster
10-25-2005, 10:48 PM

boy, didn't your Mama ever teach you that if you mess with the Bull sooner or later you're gonna get the horns???

handNthedirt
10-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Awwww.......she DOES sound tough!
I have been really fortunate, my kids are 16, 17 and 19 and we have never suffered a broken bone or any stitches yet!

Sounds like they live life on the edge. I got one word for ya...
SHELTERED.

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by handNthedirt
SHELTERED.

Well, I guess you didn't read down the page.

My 19 y/o son rides bulls and works on a ranch for a living.

My 17 y/o son used to race dirt bikes and plays HARD.

Not sheltered in the least.....just musta drank their milk when I told them too!!

handNthedirt
10-25-2005, 11:19 PM
I guess so...but riding 'bulls' for a quarter in front of the piggly wiggly ain't all that dangerous.:D

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 11:22 PM
I guess so...but riding 'bulls' for a quarter in front of the piggly wiggly ain't all that dangerous.:D

HaHa....he happens to be here right now!

I won't repeat what he said in response!!:eek:

handNthedirt
10-25-2005, 11:25 PM
Would he have been ROM'ed?

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Would he have been ROM'ed?

oh yeah...his own mother would have rommed him!!

La Grange
10-26-2005, 12:36 AM
SHELTERED.

I am 18 and I have never had one pair of stitches, and I have lived far from a sheltered life. Always having a dad with surgecal glue laying around has been a plus though. Fore-heads, eye-brows, chins, fingers, etc. have all been glued up. Battle scars from cows, football, base ball bats, brothers, and being a kid have just been glued. It has been a whole lot easier and painless...and a lot cooler.