PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville & Wylie Playoff paths?

Bullaholic
10-23-2005, 08:01 PM
Looks like Gainesville and Wylie will be D1 playoff teams. Who would they most probably catch for the first playoff games? How many games before they would play each other? Please don't pound me with "neither one has won yet". This is just for speculative purposes---I would like to know the scenario for these two to actually meet.

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Looks like Gainesville and Wylie will be D1 playoff teams. Who would they most probably catch for the first playoff games? How many games before they would play each other? Please don't pound me with "neither one has won yet". This is just for speculative purposes---I would like to know the scenario for these two to actually meet.

Gainesville will most likely have Graham then Decatur then Wylie. Hopefully they can atleast get to Wylie.

Bullaholic
10-23-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks, HSF. Just 3 short weeks before it all begins.

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Thanks, HSF. Just 3 short weeks before it all begins.

yeah, and if gainesville gets to meet wylie, i think it will be thanksgiving weekend, and i'll be out of town :(

Leopards,class of 75
10-23-2005, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
yeah, and if gainesville gets to meet wylie, i think it will be thanksgiving weekend, and i'll be out of town :( If they meet and you can not make the game, i will give you the updates with my cell phone.

football4life
10-23-2005, 09:44 PM
yes it would be thanksgiving weekend. wylie will most likely play seminole, then us. we wont say anything after that....:hand:

HighSchool Fan
10-24-2005, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Leopards,class of 75
If they meet and you can not make the game, i will give you the updates with my cell phone.

i'd appriciate that. maybe i'll get lucky and it will be a saturday game

3afan
10-24-2005, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
yeah, and if gainesville gets to meet wylie, i think it will be thanksgiving weekend, and i'll be out of town :(

i'll be back IN town - hopefully if this game happens it will be part of a texas stadium triple header

injuredinmelee
10-24-2005, 06:24 AM
too close for Gainesville. We drove to the metro mess for yall last time i say this time yall meet us in Stephenville.

HighSchool Fan
10-24-2005, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
too close for Gainesville. We drove to the metro mess for yall last time i say this time yall meet us in Stephenville.

where was it last time Birdville??

injuredinmelee
10-24-2005, 06:33 AM
it was. Semi final matchup. Good game. Tell me Gainesville is finally out of Franklin kids.

HighSchool Fan
10-24-2005, 06:34 AM
it was. Semi final matchup. Good game. Tell me Gainesville is finally out of Franklin kids.

not yet :D

injuredinmelee
10-24-2005, 06:37 AM
crap. The leopards were so loaded that year. A buddy of mine says the talent level is comparable this year. Kind of scary. I have had GVille and Cuero picked out as my two DI teams all year long but since it looks like the "O" is going DII i have to find a new region 3 or 4 team. I guess for now ill go GVille vs WOS

HighSchool Fan
10-24-2005, 06:42 AM
crap. The leopards were so loaded that year. A buddy of mine says the talent level is comparable this year. Kind of scary. I have had GVille and Cuero picked out as my two DI teams all year long but since it looks like the "O" is going DII i have to find a new region 3 or 4 team. I guess for now ill go GVille vs WOS

this is the same franklin that you saw 2 years ago. he has a little brother that is pretty good for his age, 7th or 8th grade.

mr.leopard man
10-24-2005, 05:37 PM
Yep same franklin that intercepted that shuttle pass and ran it back for a touchdown..against wylie he is a senior this year.

vet93
10-24-2005, 05:46 PM
I'm guessing here...I haven't looked it up...I guess Wylie would get probably Seminole then Canyon then Gainesville?

KTJ
10-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Possible Texas Stadium game???

Adidas410s
10-24-2005, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by vet93
I'm guessing here...I haven't looked it up...I guess Wylie would get probably Seminole then Canyon then Gainesville?

yeah that is what it looks like as of right now. A possible matchup in the Mustang Bowl first round? It would either be there, Midland, Lowrey, or Shotwell and I don't think Sandifer has any desire to ever play at Shotwell again...

Adidas410s
10-24-2005, 05:55 PM

As far as driving goes though you know Sandifer never has really cared where the games are at. One big point he has always made is to let the kids play at nicer venues because most of them won't go on to play college ball.

Ranger05
10-24-2005, 06:29 PM
this should be a great game i hope they meet up

wildstangs
10-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
yeah that is what it looks like as of right now. A possible matchup in the Mustang Bowl first round? It would either be there, Midland, Lowrey, or Shotwell and I don't think Sandifer has any desire to ever play at Shotwell again...

What happened to Wylie at Shotwell?

Adidas410s
10-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
What happened to Wylie at Shotwell?

Lost to somebody back in the 90's. I dont remember the specifics on it...i will try and find out though

vet93
10-25-2005, 10:58 AM
Before the turf was installed...Shotwell used to be awful to play on in the playoffs because the surface had been used so much it was like playing on dirt...the turf has really upgraded the facility and made it a much more attractive playoff facility.

Lost to somebody back in the 90's. I dont remember the specifics on it...i will try and find out though

Adidas410s
10-25-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by vet93
Before the turf was installed...Shotwell used to be awful to play on in the playoffs because the surface had been used so much it was like playing on dirt...the turf has really upgraded the facility and made it a much more attractive playoff facility.

Well that for sure but I am thinking that Wylie played a game there back in the 90's and he doesn't really want to play there again...like I said I could be wrong though

injuredinmelee
10-25-2005, 11:38 AM
One thing he doesnt like is having to pay to use shotwell.
And I think we took it ont he chin to Vernon thee once back in the Derrick Richardson days. MacArthur remembers him i reckon.

pero chato
10-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Well that for sure but I am thinking that Wylie played a game there back in the 90's and he doesn't really want to play there again...like I said I could be wrong though

Well my recollection of the Shotwell games is Vernon ripped us a new one something like 43-8 on their way to a state title, and then a few years later, Springtown scored at will for a 58-20 win. The only win for us that I know of was 15-14 over Crane the same year we played Vernon.

NateDawg39
10-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Get yer crow ready cause Decatur is gonna stop Gainesville before they can get to Wylie...I hope because ill be eatin crow!!!:o

Johnny Moxen
10-25-2005, 11:50 AM
I am saying it will be Wylie and G'ville in the regional round, playing at Tarletons field in Stephenville.

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by NateDawg39
Get yer crow ready cause Decatur is gonna stop Gainesville before they can get to Wylie...I hope because ill be eatin crow!!!:o

it's looking like Decatur's offense is starting to click, Rd2 should be a good game.

NateDawg39
10-25-2005, 11:56 AM
The O-line has shown they are better than last years senior squad... Cobb is lookin like the real deal and our run game is starting to show up every game. It took a while but we are ready to fly and I know G-ville is gonna show up in a couple of weeks with some serious game! I hope we dont take the week off cause will get blown out again! Is Franklin still at RB or did they put him at LB again? He is good at either position

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2005, 11:58 AM
The O-line has shown they are better than last years senior squad... Cobb is lookin like the real deal and our run game is starting to show up every game. It took a while but we are ready to fly and I know G-ville is gonna show up in a couple of weeks with some serious game! I hope we dont take the week off cause will get blown out again! Is Franklin still at RB or did they put him at LB again? He is good at either position

plays LB every down, carries around 5 or so times a game.

NateDawg39
10-25-2005, 12:08 PM
I saw up close and personal what he can do at linebacker...ouch...the hardest hitter in the area in my opinion!:( Hope he stays healthy the rest of the season cause i wanna see him bust some skulls( even if they are my Eagles) I like :hairpunk: big hits!!!

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2005, 12:20 PM
I saw up close and personal what he can do at linebacker...ouch...the hardest hitter in the area in my opinion!:( Hope he stays healthy the rest of the season cause i wanna see him bust some skulls( even if they are my Eagles) I like :hairpunk: big hits!!!

it's even better to watch him bust some steers :D

Steer Fever
10-25-2005, 05:47 PM
HSF i guess we will see about busting the Steers skulls. G'ville better not be overlooking the Steers b/c they wont even be having a 2nd round game then. THey probably wont even have a second round game anyway.

Adidas410s
10-25-2005, 05:54 PM

You need to go see #32 (that or 34) from Merkel. Yeah the team doesn't have much talent but that kid had some of biggest hits I have seen all season...

HighSchool Fan
10-25-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Steer Fever
HSF i guess we will see about busting the Steers skulls. G'ville better not be overlooking the Steers b/c they wont even be having a 2nd round game then. THey probably wont even have a second round game anyway.

looking forward to this game.

Whiskey Tough
10-25-2005, 06:36 PM
merkel's linebacker was probably average for any team in the state other than merkel. he stood out for them because he has extra testosterone because both his mom and dad are male.

Ranger Mom
10-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Whiskey Tough
merkel's linebacker was probably average for any team in the state other than merkel. he stood out for them because he has extra testosterone because both his mom and dad are male.

:eek: :eek: That's a terrible thing to say!!

Leopards,class of 75
10-25-2005, 06:46 PM
If Gainesville and Wylie meet up in the playoffs, that would be the past 2 years of state champs. ( Gainesville 2003, Wylie 2004)