PDA

View Full Version : For Sinton Fans and Posters Only!

Phil C
10-23-2005, 07:44 PM
I know we have a big game with Ingleside on Friday and we need to be there supporting the Pirates but our Lady Pirates have a very important district match in volleyball Tuesday night against Goliad starting at 7 P.M. in Sinton. This is an important match because if we win we will tie Goliad for district but we get to represent in the playoffs as district champions because this would be our second win over Goliad and by that tie break we get important rest time in the playoffs. If we lose then Goliad wins district outright and we will be tied with Ingleside for second but Ingleside has the tie break advantage over us and we go into the playoffs in third place. I am expecting Ingleside to beat Aransas Pass on Tuesday night. This game is very important so let's everyone show up and be loud and cheer for our girls. I guarantee you that Goliad will show up and bring lots of their fans to cheer for them so let's not be outdone this time. Everyone that can show up yelling and cheering. Go Lady Pirates!

Phil C
10-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Remember to come to the game if you can and if you can't encurage all the Sinton residences you can to make this game. The Lady Pirates need our support this Tuesday night.

Phil C
10-24-2005, 01:15 PM
ttt

Phil C
10-24-2005, 03:18 PM
ttt

Phil C
10-25-2005, 08:29 AM
ttt It's Tuesday!

pirate4state
10-25-2005, 04:26 PM
for Phil!! :D

AP Panther Fan
10-25-2005, 05:29 PM
http://www.kit.netpoets.net/bump.gif

Yet again for Phil, just in case any of you from Sinton have forgotten!

pirate4state
10-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Well all the cheering and fans there didn't help Sinton pull out the win. :o Sinton had a commanding 2 game lead and then just fell apart, AGAIN (just like the Ingleside game) and lost 3 straight. The 4th game was the closest one...23-25 and they had to make a strong push to get it that close!! :clap: I think Sinton still makes the playoffs, but it would've been nice to go in as district champs or co-champs...whatever they were playing for...good effort ladies. Good Luck in the playoffs!! :thumbsup:

District303aPastPlayer
10-26-2005, 02:19 AM
with this loss, the girls move into third, from a first place tie... go figure that one out.... i have no clue how... but had they won, they would have been dist. champs.... now they are in third with the loss...

pirate4state
10-26-2005, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
with this loss, the girls move into third, from a first place tie... go figure that one out.... i have no clue how... but had they won, they would have been dist. champs.... now they are in third with the loss... Kinda messed up, huh. Well let me see if I can get this straight. Goliad is the district champion with only ONE loss to Sinton. Ingleside is 2nd place rep (even though they have the same record as Sinton) b/c they beat Sinton twice in the season. Got it? :D I'm sure Phil will be along shortly with further comments.

pirate4state
10-26-2005, 09:26 AM
Sometime this weekend they should met up with the 2nd place team from district 29, but I have no idea if it is Hondo, Crystal City or Carrizo Springs??? All I know is that Devine won that district and these 3 teams were in the race for 2nd & 3rd, but I could be wrong. :D

Anyone know?

Phil C
10-26-2005, 09:28 AM
A great effort by both teams because all the points were hard fought. Good luck in the playoffs Lady Pirates! The key thing was the fouth game. Goliad had several tall girls and officials let Goliad get away with over the net balls all night and at least four times in that fourth game which was very critical especially since one of our shorter players just one time got over the net and it was called. This inconsistency by the officials hurt us. I don't think they have ever called a game for us before and hopefully never again. We lost to Beeville last week in 3 tough games but the officials there were fair and consistent and I wish we could have had them instead of those two. Also another thing that has never happened before one of the officials gave us a yellow card because of some of our students shouting. I was NOT in that section but was by them and I didn't notice or hear anything out of order. But then one of their fans would stomp the stands and it was much louder than our shouting and yep you guess it the refs did nada! Hopefully we won't see those two again even though other than what I pointed out they did a good job.

rgn4fb
10-26-2005, 09:30 AM
Who do the Lady Pirates play first in the playoffs?

Never mind. I made a post without refreshing first. I hate when that happens.

rgn4fb
10-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
A great effort by both teams because all the points were hard fought. Good luck in the playoffs Lady Pirates! The key thing was the fouth game. Goliad had several tall girls and officials let Goliad get away with over the net balls all night and at least four times in that fourth game which was very critical especially since one of our shorter players just one time got over the net and it was called. This inconsistency by the officials hurt us. I don't think they have ever called a game for us before and hopefully never again. We lost to Beeville last week in 3 tough games but the officials there were fair and consistent and I wish we could have had them instead of those two. Also another thing that has never happened before one of the officials gave us a yellow card because of some of our students shouting. I was NOT in that section but was by them and I didn't notice or hear anything out of order. But then one of their fans would stomp the stands and it was much louder than our shouting and yep you guess it the refs did nada! Hopefully we won't see those two again even though other than what I pointed out they did a good job. Sounds like the Lady Pirates were homered at their own home.

rgn4fb
10-26-2005, 09:47 AM
Not too familiar with volleyball. What is a yellow card for?

Phil C
10-26-2005, 09:49 AM
rgh I am not sure because that is the first I have ever seen it. I am not sure who we play in the playoffs. I think it will be whoever gets second place in 29AAA.