PDA

View Full Version : Wylie vs. Comanche

whsfan
10-20-2002, 09:06 AM
Both Wylie and Comanche have 2-0 records going into their matchup next Friday night.

Comanche is playing some hardnosed football and starting to open eyes in 3A. Their offense is effectively putting points on the board. On defense their opponents have had a hard time moving the ball.

Wylie has been playing flat and having a real hard time hanging on to the football. The Wylie fans are all looking for the team to have a real breakout game and play up to their full capabilities.

Go DAWGS!

eye of the tiger
10-20-2002, 02:20 PM
I think Wylie win this game. Agreed Comanche is having a pretty good year, but Wylie will just be to much for them.

Grandstander
10-20-2002, 08:02 PM
Coach Sandifer needs to realize that Cole Landers is the obvious #1 Quarterback. He stays calm and does a good job of running the offense. The team stays off balance with the constant switching of play callers. Time to realize that the Martin kid has done a very good job. But Cole Landers is the obvious #1 choice. Any further delay for a QB decision is only penalizing the results of the team.

Excel94
10-21-2002, 05:13 PM
Amen Grandstander!! Did you read my post under Wylie vs Early. I said basically the same thing. This QB switching is hurting Wylie. Landers is the man for the job. I also said Gross needs to be constant fixture in the backfield. In the last two district games he has had a few carries and done very well. I wonder when Sandifer will see this and let him carry the ball more often. He has good size and can run over people instead of being brought down with just a one armed tackle. This team has great talent that needs to be utilized and they could really be contenders in the playoffs.

BlackAttack
10-21-2002, 11:13 PM
Excel,

I have watched Wylie the last two weeks and I would have to agree on the qb if you're talking about the player that's coming off the bench. He has a gun and is accurate but he doesn't get enough reps during the course of the game. I also agree on Gross getting more carries he has the tools to be a good back but if he only carries it between 5 and 10 times a game he can't really showcase his talent. I haven't been impressed with Wylie at all, good size but the offense is very inconsistent. They have to step it up to beat Comanche or I think they could lose. Early was horrible and all Wylie could put on the board was 19 points. Granted the defense posted a goose egg on the scoreboard but Early, well, enough said. I think there is some pretty good talent there it just hasn't come to the surface yet, it had better this Friday or Wylie might not like the outcome. Comanche is playing well and I know that their Jr's and Sr's are talented and very competitive. They beat Early and Brady very convicingly so they could be very dangerous if taken lightly.

Adidas410s
10-21-2002, 11:26 PM
Caleb Martin is the guy who is coming off of the bench. I think that Landers does a good job early in the game, but as the game goes on he starts to look like unsure of what to do. I know that some of this can be attributed to the incosistency, but if he would go in and be the leader of the offense and lead them on the field then there would not be any kind of question as to who the QB is. Personally, it looks like Martin is just as talented and has better vision, but both of those guys will be a good QB for this team. I totally agree that Sandifer has to get set on 1 of them now so that they can get used to being the starter during the remaining district games. Remember that the likely opponents in the 1st two rounds are Graham and Everman and the offense MUST have confidence in their QB if they want a chance to beat either of those teams. It will be interesting to watch from here on out. :p However, it doesn't really matter WHO the QB is if the backfield doesn't start holding onto the ball better. Turning the ball over 2 and 3 times a game because we cant hold onto it is definitely going to kill us in the playoffs! eek! eek!

spiderman
10-22-2002, 06:08 PM
Isn't #18 Landers the one the boys seem the most comfortable with? From what I've seen, he keeps his cool and scrambles very well. I agree with all of these posts. It's time for the offense to come alive and start turning some heads. This team is loaded with potential it seems. Isn't this the team that didn't hardly lose any games their fresh. and soph. years?