PDA

View Full Version : Orangefield 26 Hardin Jefferson 13

wos fan1
10-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Big win for Orangefield.

Old Cardinal
10-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Congrats to OF. I have seen both OF and H-J play and am not at all surprised to see you win by two TDs. Sure hope you can make the playoffs--that make a sweep for Orange County possibly.

Bobkat
10-22-2005, 10:58 PM
Well not sure about the playoffs...we messed around and couldn't put the ball in the endzone against Hamshire Fannett and that might come back an haunt us. Held Semien to 94 yards tonight and the offense finally showed some life tonight. Could have been worse, fumbled several times deep in HJ territory like we did against HF. What happens if we lose to WOS and then beat Anahuac, and HJ wins out. That would put OF, HJ, and HF in a 3 way tie for 3rd place with 2-3 records...I think that's right. What would they do then...head to head?

GS#17
10-22-2005, 10:59 PM
It'd be great, but it's going to be tough for OF to make it. That loss to HF really put them behind the 8-ball...

GS#17
10-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Bobkat, if it comes down to a 3-way tie with HJ, OF, and HF, I'd imagine OF is in some trouble... I'm not sure what the maximum points are in the point-differential tiebreaker for 24-3A, so it's kind of hard for me to say with certainty what the exact scenario is; however, one thing is certain -- in that hypothetical, OF sits at 0 in the point differential (they won over HJ by the same amount of points they lost to HF). HF is at positive 13, and HJ is at -13. OF would no longer control their destiny and would need HJ to win by 13 to force a 3-way tie. If HJ doesn't win by enough points, HF goes; if they win by too many points, OF would be out and HJ would be in...

Bobkat
10-22-2005, 11:17 PM
That's about what I figured...but it shouldn't even come down to that. We had several chances to get on the board against HF and we just couldn't make it happen. Win that game and we're sitting pretty good, but now we need to split our next two and get some major help to have any chance at the playoffs.

GS#17
10-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Believe me, I'm pulling for you all to get in... I'd love to see WOS, OF, and BC make it to the playoffs.

Bobkat
10-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Your not the only one...that would be nice.

Paratrooper
10-23-2005, 07:55 AM
I don't see HF in a tie with anyone. I see them all by themself in 3rd. They should only lose to WOS and BC. Actually BC had better gear up for this HF team. OF I believe lost to HF 13-0. I see it BC, HF, and WOS in the playoffs, but I could be wrong. However good win for the Bobcats. You never know it may end up an Orange County sweep. That would be nice.