PDA

View Full Version : Manuel Johnson getting airtime in OU game

GreenMonster
10-22-2005, 07:19 PM
Gilmer's Manuel Johnson, a true freshman at OU, is getting considerable game time tonight in OU's game with Baylor.

lostaussie
10-22-2005, 07:57 PM
thanks for the acknowlegement. i personally think he needs to sit out and get his 4 years in. he's a heck of an athlete.

GreenMonster
10-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
thanks for the acknowlegement. i personally think he needs to sit out and get his 4 years in. he's a heck of an athlete.

I don't know, there are a couple of other Freshman recievers starting and Bomar the QB is a red shirt Freshman. I believe that if you are going through a tough season you might as well go through it with your youngsters so that they get the opportunity to get game experience and gel as a unit for future greatness.

lostaussie
10-22-2005, 08:36 PM
thats true. another true freshman reciever, malcolm kelley from longview, is playing lots also. the sooners really pulled an etex coup on recievers. may have got the 2 best in texas last year.

GreenMonster
10-22-2005, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
thats true. another true freshman reciever, malcolm kelley from longview, is playing lots also. the sooners really pulled an etex coup on recievers. may have got the 2 best in texas last year.

I think you're right.

Titans
10-22-2005, 11:49 PM
I heard this tonight:

OU has 9 new starters on offense from last season and 15 starters moved on, 10 of those were drafted. No wonder they are struggling so.

Even with those staggering numbers, you would think OU would reload, not rebuild.

Bomar did better tonight and Baylor, wow, what a turn-around. Could they possibly beat Tech next week in Waco????

GreenMonster
10-22-2005, 11:51 PM
I think OU would be so much better off this season if they had a QB that wasn't learning on the job. The last 3 QB's were at least Juniors before they took snaps as the starter in a game.