PDA

View Full Version : Spurs showed class

Phil C
06-17-2003, 02:35 PM
and good sportsmanship and humility in winning the NBA title. It was some of the best display of sportsmanship in winning. It was like the Dallas Cowboys were in the Jimmy Johnson super bowl years.

Bandera YaYa
06-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Ok, now I think you are "up and up" about the Spurs...I, too love them, they are a real class act and deserve everything they achieved this year!! :)

Phil C
06-18-2003, 10:08 AM
Hey Bandera do you remember after the Spur won it in 1999 they had a very amusing commercial. It was obvious it took place in San Antonio. They had a good basketball player (I don't know if he was a pro) and he was one on one with someone and he would say check and go and make the basket. He told his opponent to get more people and then about three more people showed up and he did the same thing. He told them to get more people and more people came and then there was a whole bunch of people in front of the goal lined up shoulder to shoulder and Tim Duncan was standing in front of them. He looked at them and said "Check" and proceeded to start again but it didn't show what happened. I remember the commercial went like that and ironically I don't remember what the commercial was advertising (which is not what they wanted). I wonder if you or anyone else here knows. I hope they repeat the commercial soon because it was very amusing. Tim Duncan didn't say a word in it and only appeared for about three seconds but it was a powerful appearance.

Phil C
06-18-2003, 11:04 AM
Actually it is to the the media and advertisers' discredit that they do not use class people like Tim Duncan, David Robinson, or Steve Kerr in their commericals. Of course the customers can also take the blame for not refusing to buy the products unless class people are advertising them.

Bandera YaYa
06-18-2003, 12:23 PM
I don't remember that commercial, but I do agree with what you said about it being their loss when they don't use the likes of Robinson and Duncan. Seems like the masses like the "Bad Boys" in sports and that's a shame to "honor" them with such public appearances as commercials and the likes.

David Robinson and Tim Duncan, boring? I'll take boring any day!! :) :)

<small>[ June 18, 2003, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Bandera YaYa ]</small>

BanderaBlahBlah
06-18-2003, 12:43 PM
Well, the 'good boys' have also caught some mess because they're too soft, protesting calls etc... little if any... But when you have a coach like they do who will get a technical foul called on him for his players, why get mad?

Don't hate, it just goes to prove that good things happen to good people, wait, GREAT people...