PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley @ Liberty Hill

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2005, 03:55 PM
I thought I'd get this going before my "friends" show up. ;)

Possibly District 27's most intense rivalry, the Wimberley Texans (8-0, 3-0 district) will travel to Liberty Hill (6-1, 3-0 district) for what likely will be for the district championship, but definitely for the "W" route in the playoffs, providing both go D2.

The Texans have one of the top 10 stingiest defenses in the state, allowing only 9.25 pts through 8 games. ILB Jacob Biddle loves nothing better than to tear up an opponent's offense, earning a spot on the All-State first team in 2004. OL includes '04 All-Stater and UT commit, Buck Burnette. The offense is led by QB John Weldon (pass: 931 yds, 5 td's, 7 ints; rush: 367 yds). He's joined by RB Michael Buse (47 att, 438 yds) and WR's Riley Allen (21 rec for 371 yds) & Colin Marburger (15 rec for 243 yds). Offense is averaging 36.9 pts/game. *individual stats do not include last night's game*

The Panthers have the top offensive average in the state of any class at 552.1 ypg, according to www.thsca.com, and averaging 56.4 pts/game. Most everyone on here has heard of the Four-Headed Monster offense, Brent Bode (QB), Matt Escamilla (HB), Casey Kociuba (TB) & Nick Schrock (FB). They generally get all the credit for our wins, since others usually look at the final "score" and not the complete team. When you see a final LH score of 60+ points think about the Panther Defense - the unsung heroes of the team, allowing a rapidly reducing 29.4 pts/game. There are many of these guys that bust their butts every single day and game. Complete lineup stats are not available, but the ones that are need to be noted: Cody Lattimore, LB (freshman - 40 solo tackles, 8 assists, 1 int ret'd for td), Dillan Hanson, FS ( sophomore - 25 solos, 7 assists), Wade Floyd, DT (junior - 1 sack, 7 solos, 6 assists), Gray Lankford :kiss: , before last night 2nd string SS, OT start last night (junior - 1 sack, 7 solos, 6 assists), Dustin Gonzales, FS (sophomore - 3 interceptions, 13 solos, 12 assists) and Sammy Post, CB (junior - 3 interceptions, 20 solos 5 assists). These guys, folks, are key to every single Panther win.

Thoughts? Predictions?

44INAROW
10-22-2005, 04:11 PM
I am going with Liberty Hill on this one.. Will be a great game with two great teams!

GreenMonster
10-22-2005, 04:28 PM
I predict a very good game. Voted for too close to call but I'm pulling for Liberty Hill.

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'm pulling for Liberty Hill.

Wow! Thank you! I know what a tough choice that was for you. :)

FootballChik98
10-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Looks like it'll be a good game. I'll be pulling for Liberty Hill as well.

GreenMonster
10-22-2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Wow! Thank you! I know what a tough choice that was for you. :)

I have great respect for the Wimberly head coach but someone on here pointed out that some posters just make you want to root for their town and some posters make you root against their town. LHPMOM is one of the posters that you just can't help but root for her team. I truly hope the Panthers can stick it to the Texans.

LHMom
10-22-2005, 07:13 PM
Well - I reckon it is obvious who I voted for. I do believe it will be close.

GO PANTHERS! Drain Code Red!

GreenMonster
10-22-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
Well - I reckon it is obvious who I voted for. I do believe it will be close.

GO PANTHERS! Drain Code Red!

:p Homer!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2005, 07:47 PM
:thinking: :thinking: Lots of votes for Wimberley. No one has any thoughts about Wimberley?

GreenMonster
10-22-2005, 08:24 PM
:thinking: :thinking: Lots of votes for Wimberley. No one has any thoughts about Wimberley?

You know what they say, Offense wins games, but defense wins championships. Wimberly's defense seems to be pretty highly touted. I say that knowing that my Iowa Park boys and their 2-5-1 record outscored the average by several points. I wouldn't be suprised to find out that IP has the highest point total against them to this point.

Chris Hart
10-22-2005, 09:46 PM
A few weeks back, I was thinking Wimberley would win the regular season matchup, with LH winning the rematch in the playoffs. But, the LH defense has improved dramatically in the district play, and the offense is clicking as well as it ever has. The x factor is that LH 'CAN' throw the ball this year. Not many know it, because they haven't had to do it much, but, their QB has a really good arm and great scrambling ability. They also have an all-stater at TE. Wimberley did a good job of slowing down the 4-headed monster last year, and I expect them to slow them this year more than anyone has yet. I don't expect Wimberley to be able to slow em down as much as last year, and if by some chance they do, they will then get to see the 'secret' passing game of the Panthers. I do expect this to be a great game with LH winning out by about 10 points. I will also be in attendance at this one pulling for the Panthers. In the playoffs, I will pull for them both, and Bandera my Div I pick for 27-3A, but if they meet twice(which I think they will), I'll be pulling for the Panthers again. LHPM, what time do I need to show up to get a seat on the LH side, or is it even possible this week? Go Panthers!!!!:)

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2005, 09:59 PM
Hmmm....well, we haven't had a game this big here in 2 years, or maybe '02 Burnet game. 6 or 6:30 should give you plenty of choices. By 7, it's limited. I don't mind saving you a spot if you'd like. :)

Chris Hart
10-22-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't mind saving you a spot if you'd like. :) That's what I was hoping you would say. I'll need two seats bringing my oldest boy along. I should be there by 6:30 or 6:45. Thank you Deb!;)

SintonFan
10-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Hmmm....well, we haven't had a game this big here in 2 years, or maybe '02 Burnet game. 6 or 6:30 should give you plenty of choices. By 7, it's limited. I don't mind saving you a spot if you'd like. :)
Can you save two or three more?:)
Chris if you're going to be at this game then I would like to finally finally meet you. lol

Chris Hart
10-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Chris if you're going to be at this game then I would like to finally finally meet you. lol I'd love to meet you too SintonFan, I hope you make it.:)

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Chris if you're going to be at this game then I would like to finally finally meet you. lol

Will do....glad to have ya'll. :)

SintonFan
10-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
I'd love to meet you too SintonFan, I hope you make it.:)
It depends on if Aaron makes it to a degree, if he does and gobblerfan02 decides to join us then it'll be almost guaranteed.:)
I talked to Aaron tonight and he seemed to favor going to the game. It might be just us going, but I'll pm gf02 soon.

hornfan
10-22-2005, 11:12 PM
hmm tough call for me because i have seen LH play but not wimberley but i have to go with Wimberley and their defense i just think that they will be able to shut LH down enough to outscore LH.

ro_tex_solja
10-22-2005, 11:28 PM
this game is gonna show whether or not LH is for real...i dont think they win this game....wimberley is an awesome team and i think they beat liberty hill by 21

SintonFan
10-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
this game is gonna show whether or not LH is for real...i dont think they win this game....wimberley is an awesome team and i think they beat liberty hill by 21
Stop thinking about last year and concentrate on this year. Who seems to be more improved? Wimberley or LH?
I've seen Wimberley and they weren't better than when they played Cuero last year.

GreenMonster
10-22-2005, 11:55 PM

Iowa Park runs a misdirection based offense and Wimberly had problems with it in the 2nd half. IP outscored Wimberly in the 2nd half and might just have won the football game were it not for some really costly interceptions in the first half. Wimberly is beatable. I still can't stop thinking about that weak LH defense though. They may be improving but they still gave up a bunch of points to an average Bandera team. I guess we will soon find out.

SintonFan
10-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Iowa Park runs a misdirection based offense and Wimberly had problems with it in the 2nd half. IP outscored Wimberly in the 2nd half and might just have won the football game were it not for some really costly interceptions in the first half. Wimberly is beatable. I still can't stop thinking about that weak LH defense though. They may be improving but they still gave up a bunch of points to an average Bandera team. I guess we will soon find out.
Bandera looked to me better than average. Got a great QB and some targets to throw at. Nah, Bandera is much better than average.:p

SintonFan
10-23-2005, 12:07 AM
Iowa Park runs a misdirection based offense and Wimberly had problems with it in the 2nd half.
Against Bandera in the second half the Wimberley players were throwin their helmets in disgust and were very frustrated, to the point where I saw one gripe at the referee. Bandera scored 24 on that Texan D.
Also, LH runs the misdirection better than anyone in the state at this point.:D

GreenGobbla
10-23-2005, 01:42 AM
Wimberly all the way. LH is over rated as we have been saying all year. Wimberly was the best team we played last year by far and i expect them to run through the district this year and possibly even the state. This is schu1213 by the way, im over at my boys apartment

Chris Hart
10-23-2005, 12:53 PM
This year's common opponents and scores....

Wimberley 52 - Brady 0
Wimberley 34 - Bandera 24

Liberty Hill 55 - Brady 7
Liberty Hill 69 - Bandera 29

It's gonna be a good one in front of a packed house!

:)

Rngr06
10-23-2005, 12:58 PM
Im pulling for Liberty Hill because of my good friend Sam O YA!!!!

LHMom
10-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Will do....glad to have ya'll. :)

I'll see you all there. LHPM is normally just to my left and down a row or two. We've got some extra purple shirts! :)

Wimberley should slow down the LH O, and I expect they will, but only slow it down, not shut it down. I've had sons on varsity since Vance's first year in LH, and our offense still surprises me over & over again! The Defense has averaged giving up too many points this season, no doubt. Remember the recent article in the statesman? Bend, don't break.

Panthers win it.

Thunderstruck! The Cats are ALIVE in '05!

gobbler grad
10-23-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm taking LH on this one...this will be a great game...ought to be very close...LH wins 7 pts.

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2005, 06:54 PM
I still can't stop thinking about that weak LH defense though. They may be improving but they still gave up a bunch of points to an average Bandera team. I guess we will soon find out.

Wimberley gave up 24 points to Bandera, we gave up 29. ;)

Bandera YaYa
10-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Wimberley gave up 24 points to Bandera, we gave up 29. ;) Gee...so much attention being given to us........ :p :D

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2005, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Gee...so much attention being given to us........ :p :D

:kiss: :kiss: I consider the Bulldogs anything but average. :) BTW....should be getting cold out under the mighty oak tree before long. :eek:

Ranger Mom
10-23-2005, 07:43 PM
I'm going with LH if only because I gotta stick with "moms"!!

Bandera YaYa
10-23-2005, 07:48 PM
:kiss: :kiss: I consider the Bulldogs anything but average. :) BTW....should be getting cold out under the mighty oak tree before long. :eek: You're telling me......I use those hand warmers to keep my hands warm...but now my backside is another thing!!!! **SHIVER** !!!!! :cool: :cool: :D

Ranger Mom
10-23-2005, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
You're telling me......I use those hand warmers to keep my hands warm...but now my backside is another thing!!!! **SHIVER** !!!!! :cool: :cool: :D

Well...you could always use a couple of those Therma Care heat wraps!

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Dagwood! Oh, Dagwood! Wanna come play?

pirate4state
10-26-2005, 10:41 AM
Good Luck to my purple friends!! :clap:

:cheerl: GO PANTHERS GO!!! :cheerl:

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Associated Press Breaking News
10/26/2005
10:44:16
-------------------------------------------------------------------

This just in:

Pepsico president and CEO, Colonel Sanders, has suspended production of all Mountain Dew products effective immediately. Colonel Sanders was quoted as saying, "Those darn Wimberley folks have had more than their allotment". This could be devastating for the Code Red defense of Wimberley as that is their mainstay throughout the season.

Coach Nelms could not be reached for comment but sources within the Wimberley ISD said he could be heard running through the halls yelling, "Somebody get that chicken guy on the phone and bring me a Sprite".

44INAROW
10-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Associated Press Breaking News
10/26/2005
10:44:16
-------------------------------------------------------------------

This just in:

Coach Nelms could not be reached for comment but sources within the Wimberley ISD said he could be heard running through the halls yelling, "Somebody get that chicken guy on the phone and bring me a Sprite".

ROFLMFAO TOO FUNNY :)

SintonFan
10-26-2005, 01:03 PM
HaHa!
That's some shunny fit!!!:clap:

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2005, 05:03 PM
On-the-scene reports have come in regarding a Wimberley waterboy, J. S. Jones (aka Jock-Sniffer to his friends), wandering aimlessly through the halls of Wimberley High. When asked if he was lost, Jock-Sniffer replied, "No, I just don't what I'm going to do though. Part of my duties as waterboy includes determining if socks and jocks are clean or dirty. I heard that the Panther team was so tough that the Texas players wouldn't deserve to smell their jocks. I'm just feeling a little left out." :weeping: :weeping: Later reports have J. S. back at his normal duties in the locker room.

:evillol: :evillol: ;)

44INAROW
10-26-2005, 05:22 PM
includes determining if socks and jocks are clean or dirty. I heard that the Panther team was so tough that the Texas players wouldn't deserve to smell their jocks.

I can't wait for the 10:00 news for an update on this situation :D

Whiskey Tough
10-26-2005, 06:50 PM
wimberly by 10

SintonFan
10-26-2005, 09:19 PM
D, if you bought tickets let me know. I'll reimburse you. It looks like I'm not gonna go. It was looking positive but alas Aaron can't go and gf02 hasn't returned my pm.:(
Work is really picking up but believe it or not I could have taken off Friday to make the game.:) (lol great being your own boss...:p )
There is a slight and I mean slight chance that if I get in early Friday Zach or Miranda (maybe both) will love the idea of a nice little road trip. BTW, Denise couldn't make it cuz her cousin is getting married the next day close to Austin and she is making something special for him.:) This was her favorite cousin after all...
Alright back to football. LH is running on all cylinders now and can play some great football. I think Wimberley will be very frustrated again.;)
LH by 7...:clap:

crabman
10-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Could somebody give me the phonetic pronounciation of Casey Kociuba's last name.

I always see it written and you know how you read something in your head, I just kind of slur through that name.

AJ_2005
10-26-2005, 11:38 PM
LH by 7 its gonna be a good one

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2005, 05:10 AM
Originally posted by crabman
Could somebody give me the phonetic pronounciation of Casey Kociuba's last name.

I always see it written and you know how you read something in your head, I just kind of slur through that name.

Thank you for asking. :) This is one of our more "botched" names. It's kuh-see-buh.

olddawggreen
10-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Good Luck Panthers!

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Rumor has it that J. S. (Jock-Sniffer) Jones was seen holding a seance in the Wimberley locker room. He appeared to be trying to contact Bon Scott, deceased lead singer for AC/DC, to learn the true meaning of "Thunderstruck". Attempts to reach Mr. Scott to confirm this rumor have failed. More on this developing story later as it unfolds.

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Good Luck Panthers!

Thanks so much, ODG. :)

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2005, 12:45 PM
Rumor has it that J. S. (Jock-Sniffer) Jones was seen holding a seance in the Wimberley locker room. He appeared to be trying to contact Bon Scott, deceased lead singer for AC/DC, to learn the true meaning of "Thunderstruck". Attempts to reach Mr. Scott to confirm this rumor have failed. More on this developing story later as it unfolds.

Sources have now learned that J. S. was able to reach Bon Scott through Miss Cleo. When Jock-Sniffer asked what it meant to be "THUNDERSTRUCK", Bon's only reply was that there were no words to describe the event, but that many teams throughout the season are still trying to recover from it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
In an unrelated story, we have learned that Dagwood has been sighted. He was last seen entering a Wimberley veterinarian's office carrying Daisy, his loyal dog. Apparently, Daisy suffered severe fright after Blondie sent her out to play with the Four-Headed Monster from Liberty Hill.

ro_tex_solja
10-27-2005, 02:04 PM
so what is it this year? the 5 headed or 4 headed monster...whatever it is, it isnt gonna matter cuz wimberly is gonna win this game and prove that they are definitely worthy of their high rank

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2005, 02:08 PM
so what is it this year? the 5 headed or 4 headed monster...
4....the same as last year. :)

neck_94
10-27-2005, 02:09 PM
much will be learned upon completion of this game...
Like, just how good is Wimberly's D

AND --- just how good is LH's D...

I bet this is gonna be a SUPER GAME to watch.

Old Green
10-27-2005, 02:36 PM
LH will be too much for Wimberley. The Four headed Monster will beat them down .:)

DaHop72
10-27-2005, 02:50 PM
I'll make my prediction this way. I love my Mom and there are 2 LH players with mothers on the downlow so I predict Liberty Hill.
Win one for your mothers.

LH Panther Mom
10-27-2005, 11:53 PM
All through the halls at LHHS this week, there is a low rumble. Thunder

The players know this is the game they've been awaiting in the regular season. Thunder

The Panthers know they can reach the goal they've set. Thunder

Texans, prepare to be THUNDERSTRUCK!

Ranger Mom
10-27-2005, 11:55 PM

The players know this is the game they've been awaiting in the regular season. Thunder

Texans, prepare to be THUNDERSTRUCK!

That gave me goosebumps!!

Old Tiger
09-26-2006, 02:56 PM

Texans, prepare to be THUNDERSTRUCK! Is it raining in Liberty Hill! Not fair it needs to rain more here in Rockdale!:mad:

LH Panther Mom
09-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Is it raining in Liberty Hill! Not fair it needs to rain more here in Rockdale!:mad:
We have "thunder" in Liberty Hill all throughout football season. :evillol: :evillol:

Old Tiger
09-26-2006, 03:03 PM
OH GEEZ POOR ROCKDALE!:(