PDA

View Full Version : This Is Outrageous!!!

Paratrooper
10-22-2005, 03:01 PM
This story makes me so dern mad I just come unglued hearing this. You have to read this story. This is a story about the Westboro Baptist Church of Kansas. They are a radical group that are protesting at soldier's funerals who were killed in Iraq. As they are burying these guys and gals they are yelling at the family members. OUTRAGEOUS! They are posting signs like "thank god for IED's" and vile things like that. Here is the link to the story. Just let's you know we still have nutcases out there.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/state/12212256.htm

Keith7
10-22-2005, 03:05 PM
nevermind i figured it out..

If they did this to one of my friend/family member's funeral, they would be planning their own funeral soon

big daddy russ
10-22-2005, 03:08 PM
That's the kind of group that gives Christians everywhere a bad name. It's been said over and over again, but what would Jesus do in that kind of situation? Would he be badgering a mourning family?

Paratrooper
10-22-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
nevermind i figured it out..

If they did this to one of my friend/family member's funeral, they would be planning their own funeral soon

It stands for Improvised Explosive Device. The official name of a road side bomb.

big daddy russ
10-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Just check out their homepage (http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html)

lepfan
10-22-2005, 03:50 PM
I agree, this is the type of group that gives Christians a bad name. I do believe this group of people will have a rude awakening come judgement day!!!

spiveyrat
10-22-2005, 04:06 PM
Idiots!:foul:

Paratrooper
10-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I agree, this is the type of group that gives Christians a bad name. I do believe this group of people will have a rude awakening come judgement day!!!

I don't think they are Christian, they are just using their agenda with a disguise of religion.

3afan
10-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Just check out their homepage (http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/index.html)

dang psychos ..... and getting little kids to hold signs! losers ...

GS#17
10-22-2005, 05:24 PM
To hell with them... It's sad to think these funerals, the ones at which these insane people are protesting, are happening because these soldiers gave the ultimate sacrifice to maintain people's freedoms, which include hanging the flag upside down, taunting mourning family members, and making complete idiots out of themselves at the most solemn of events. You'd hope people would use it wisely, but it's just a shame there are people out there that act like this...

PlayaJBiehl20
10-22-2005, 05:26 PM
I didn't read the story, but it makes me mad when people claim to be christians but add stuff to the bible to fit what they want to beleive. They don't even deserve to be called Christians.

Pmoney
10-22-2005, 05:57 PM
that pisses me off!!! IDIOTS!!! there are sometimes i want to be able to kick people out of the country and this is one of those times

sweetwater07
10-22-2005, 06:34 PM
i can't believe someone would have the guts to do that........i would beat someone who did that to someone i knew..........what a bunch of d bags!!!..............slap those ppl!!!!

GreenMonster
10-22-2005, 07:09 PM
what did you expect, they're from Kansas.

Paratrooper
10-22-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
what did you expect, they're from Kansas.

and they're Baptist too, and you know how those Baptist are.......LOL......kidding:D :D

lepfan
10-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
and they're Baptist too, and you know how those Baptist are.......LOL......kidding:D :D

hey, hey hey:mad: ;) I am Baptist and am far from this!!! Just another good reason to get the he!! out of Kansas.

lepfan
10-22-2005, 07:47 PM
I don't think they are Christian, they are just using their agenda with a disguise of religion.
I don't think they are Christian either...I don't know of any 'christian church' that would have these sorts of things on their agenda. They should worry about the salvation of people not the judgement of people!!!

Hupernikomen
10-22-2005, 08:47 PM
This story makes me so dern mad I just come unglued hearing this. You have to read this story. This is a story about the Westboro Baptist Church of Kansas. They are a radical group that are protesting at soldier's funerals who were killed in Iraq. As they are burying these guys and gals they are yelling at the family members. OUTRAGEOUS! They are posting signs like "thank god for IED's" and vile things like that. Here is the link to the story. Just let's you know we still have nutcases out there.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/state/12212256.htm

Please understand there well over 50 distinct groups that call themselves Baptist in this country. These hate-mongerers group themselves with the Primitive Baptist, also known as Hard Shell. I know very little about Hard Shell Baptist other than that they are very few and far between..Thank God. This group doesn't not in any way respresent me or any of the 1000's of Baptists that I know. I often have wondered how some good Muslim people in our country feel about the lunatics among their faith..unfortunately now I know.

Paratrooper
10-22-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Please understand there well over 50 distinct groups that call themselves Baptist in this country. These hate-mongerers group themselves with the Primitive Baptist, also known as Hard Shell. I know very little about Hard Shell Baptist other than that they are very few and far between..Thank God. This group doesn't not in any way respresent me or any of the 1000's of Baptists that I know. I often have wondered how some good Muslim people in our country feel about the lunatics among their faith..unfortunately now I know.

Oh believe me, I know. I don't honestly think ANYONE on the downlow would honestly think these are real Baptist. They are just using the name. I was just pulling the leg of the baptist. These clowns are just lunatics using God. I just couldn't believe the article when I first read it. It just really infuriated me that they would do this to soldiers. I have had friends of mine hurt over there and it just really burns me up to see this garbage.
Since I have to go back next year.....lol......if I get whacked over there I would hope everyone on the downlow would tear up their signs if they show up to my funeral......lol:D

Paratrooper
10-22-2005, 09:40 PM
hey, hey hey:mad: ;) I am Baptist and am far from this!!! Just another good reason to get the he!! out of Kansas.

Lepfan.....I didn't even realize it until I saw it in another post......your from Kansas and your Baptist........do you have any signs you would like to tell us about.........LOL :thinking: :D :D

lepfan
10-23-2005, 11:44 AM
Lepfan.....I didn't even realize it until I saw it in another post......your from Kansas and your Baptist........do you have any signs you would like to tell us about.........LOL :thinking: :D :D OK, let's get one thing straight...I AM NOT FROM KANSAS...Who in their right mind would be FROM kansass? I am just living in this he!!hole temporarily. (will find out real soon if I get to escape in the next few months) The only signs I have are the ones like Bill Engvil has...you remember the ones that say "here's your sign" I use them often up here. Oh, and I do have a Texas or Bust sign in my yard....and am hoping to replace it with a FOR SALE sign in the next few weeks!!! Keep your fingers crossed that I get to escape this freakazoid place soon. Spivey tells me it is better in the more populated portion of the state...but then that is where that radical group is.

Gobbla2001
10-23-2005, 11:56 AM
Are these the ones who dance with venemous snakes?

I know they'd get more money out of it and all, but I honestly do not believe that I could hold back on the guys, I'd have to let loose...

I think the city did a great job in making sure the family did not have to witness it...

Gobbla2001
10-23-2005, 11:59 AM
I say we all create a radical church group ourselves...

We'll call it Texas Justice...

We send a branch of our group to every soldier's funeral and we sit there with our lawn-chairs, beer and guns waiting for these people...

well, prolly not the best idea... maybe we could use paintball guns?

lepfan
10-23-2005, 12:03 PM
They need to take the advice from the Bible....it goes something like this: sometimes you need to be quiet in your prayer instead of out chanting making a fool of yourself....I do believe if they followed the word of the Book instead of manipulating that word to what they want they would be of better assistance...but then these people are not firing on all 8 cylinders...all we can do is pray for them as they obviously need it

lepfan
10-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I say we all create a radical church group ourselves...

We'll call it Texas Justice...

We send a branch of our group to every soldier's funeral and we sit there with our lawn-chairs, beer and guns waiting for these people...

well, prolly not the best idea... maybe we could use paintball guns?
leave it up to you to come up with that....instead of the 'you loot we shoot sign' you could have 'you protest we......(fill in the blank)

lepfan
10-23-2005, 12:13 PM
Wasn't there like an army staff sgt. whose funeral was protested in OK...I think I remember reading that his buddies revved up their motorcycles at the funeral to drowned out the protesters....There is more than one way to skin a cat.....

Gobbla2001
10-23-2005, 12:17 PM
Apparently Southeast Texas and the Southwestern part of LA aren't thought of very highly by this group...

http://www.godhatesfags.com/featured/20050923_viva-rita.html

Gobbla2001
10-23-2005, 12:20 PM
This is on their first page:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/warning.gif

freaking nuts...

Gobbla2001
10-23-2005, 12:24 PM
leave it up to you to come up with that....instead of the 'you loot we shoot sign' you could have 'you protest we......(fill in the blank)

"You protest we get grotesque"??? "It gets grotesque"??? Would any of these work???

Or we can just have a straight up sign without all the rhyming and stuff...

How about "You protest and my dog/bullet goes Hannibal Lector all over your face"???

Old Cardinal
10-23-2005, 01:10 PM
This kind of tragic but maybe a little sad also. I called the number up there to clarify if this was a hoax. I got an irrate women who would not let me ask some clarification questions at all. Instead she chew me out in a hysterical screaming voice never allowing me to finish a sentence.
In my younger days I have seen better heads on nickle beers!

Moderators, maybe you could call and invite her to join 3A Down Low. There are times she would fit right in LOL :eek:

GS#17
10-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Apparently Southeast Texas and the Southwestern part of LA aren't thought of very highly by this group...

That's okay by me. They (Westboro Baptist Church congregants/supporters) are not too highly thought of by many of us, either...

lepfan
10-23-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
I got an irrate women who would not let me ask some clarification questions at all. Instead she chew me out in a hysterical screaming voice never allowing me to finish a sentence.

This is the proof that they are not preaching the gospel truth...like I said before...they will have a lot of questions to answer on judgement day...I hope I am not in line behind one of them

Old Cardinal
10-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Lepfan, that is so funny about being in line behind them. I guess it would not do any good to take your bunker firefighting gear along!
I had a friend who was giving a talk to a group of young youth and he said he was a Firefighter and of course one of "those" peacenik teachers broke in and corrected him saying he should say a "Fireman".
He, very nicely, commented back-- "No, a Fireman works on a train--a Firefighter goes in and saves lives."
By the way, Volunteer and Municipal Firefighters along with the Army and the Church teams were the heroes in the Response Efforts immediately after Rita.
I am now a firm believer that the Army should have cross-trained units to go in and direct ALL activities in ANY National Response Phenomenon--they understand logistics, actuation, and crowd safety & control issues. They also know what and how to delegate. The Response Mutual Aid groups should augment under the Army umbrella impact first responders.

Texans handled Rita very well compared to Louisiana's fiasco Mayor and State Governor's office lack of effective response. Had they followed even 10% of both their(City/Parish & State) own Emergency Response plan many lives could have been saved.

Folks, If your town is along an evacuation route, try to get your Church or someone to put out "Johnnie on the Spots" all along the way--it's the very basics that are needed:

Diaper change stations
Ice
First Aid stations
Fuel in small quanties(diesel & Gasoline)
Potable Water
Tire pluggers and changers
Satellite Telephone stations--Cells are overwhelmed
Water/antifreeze mix for boiled over radiators.
You can figure out all the rest....

FEMA & Red Cross were 11 days late even starting to set up--the others were there as soon as at all possible--including the church groups feeding the Electrical and other various responders.

There are to many untrained ego-politicians trying to be "in charge" and fighting one another to control the scene--it would be better if the ARMY were in charge to secure and direct.

Hupernikomen
10-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Churches and National Guard were life savers around here.

Old Cardinal
10-23-2005, 05:32 PM
May I venture a little church humor without offending anyone?

Do you know what a Methodist is? That's a Baptist with Catholic ways! :D

Gobbla2001
10-23-2005, 06:42 PM
What's their number, I wanna call 'em...