PDA

View Full Version : Rice vs. Sealy

CheerMom
10-22-2005, 09:36 AM
This is a big time rivalry. Should be a good one and come down to the last ticks of the game. This one is always a nail biter.
Dumont will have his boys ready for everything and anything!!

Go Raiders!!!:cheerl: :cheerl: :cheerl:

kevo081
10-22-2005, 09:44 AM
I'm pulling for sealy in this one. If rice would loose a game that would help bellville alot and take some pressure off of us. good luck to both teams though

GUT
10-22-2005, 09:45 AM
The Tigers will come ready to play! Rice is way over rated.

CheerMom
10-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by GUT

I'm sure the Tigers will come ready to play.
They always do. But, Rice, being overrated.
Since when is that? The Raiders never get the recognition they deserve.
Right now the Raiders stand at 7-0, I think they deserve all the accolades they get.

BrahmaDAD70
10-22-2005, 10:12 AM
This one should be a real nailbiter.
Sealy has tough D and Rice can score at will.
This game will be decided by turnovers.
I wish good luck to both teams and stay safe.

3afan
10-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by BrahmaDAD70
This one should be a real nailbiter.
Sealy has tough D and Rice can score at will.
This game will be decided by turnovers.
I wish good luck to both teams and stay safe.

if Sealy could "score at will" then they wouldn't be 2-4 .......

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-22-2005, 10:22 AM
Yeah, if anything Rice is underrated. We are gonna come ready for Sealy. The Rice Raiders know its a tough game, but its also going down at THE SWAMP!

Specklebelly
10-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by GUT

That's a ridiculous statement. Rice is undefeated but I have not seen a top 25 where they are ranked. Who is overrating them? If anything, they are underrated. I personally think everyone's opinion of us is accurate. We're undefeated but we haven't played anybody.

Both teams have plenty to play for. Rice locks up the top D2 spot in 20-AAA with a win. That is huge because it would dodge Cameron in the 1st round. Sealy must win to have any shot at the playoffs. Sealy seems like they may finally be putting it together after playing Bellville tough and getting some confidence from beating the district whipping child last night. The new QB seems to be playing much better than the kid they started the year with. These two will play a tough, defensive game and it will come down to turnovers and big plays. That's how the last 5-6 games have been and I see this one being no different. It could go either way. Should be a good one.

powerranger
10-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Wow thats susprising, i didn't even know that rice is undefeated, and I'm playing in their district. The Raiders must be underrated. Next week in Rice could very well be the deciding game for the final district standings. If we can beat rice, were in the playoffs. If they beat us their a shoe in. So this game is for all the marbles. Go TIGERS!!!

Raider Nurse
10-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Overrated? That's ridiculous!!!! Rice is undefeated. Way to go Raiders on your Friday night win. Awesome defense!!!!!!!!!!! Beat the Tigers!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

CheerMom
10-23-2005, 01:14 PM

rhs78
10-23-2005, 07:02 PM
This is another District-20 big game with Sealy in a must win situation to make the playoffs. This has become another rivalry game for both sides and is allways very close it seems. Here are both teams stats thru seven games.

Sealy Tigers
offense-277 yards 20pts
defense 289 yards 24 pts

Rice Raiders
offense 365 yds 34 pts
defense 237 yds 15 pts.

I think both teams will match up very well and it will be a very close game friday at the Swamp.
What are some thaughts from the teams that have played each of these teams and what are their strenghts and weekness.
Should be a great one

GO RAIDERS

tortilla_man
10-23-2005, 07:27 PM
rice in a close one, sealy will give them fits with the new qb since the bellville game.

powerranger
10-23-2005, 09:38 PM
This IS a must win for the tigers. Rice hasn't played any strong teams yet and has a tough end to district play w/ sealy and bellville. Sealy's offenses has finally started clicking and making some big plays. Im sure that rice is the pick for this game, but the underdog will come out on top. Good luck to both teams. Go TIGERS!!!

CheerMom
10-23-2005, 10:07 PM
The Tigers have their backs up against the wall, which makes them a lethal opponent.
But, Dumont will have his boys ready for whatever comes their way. Good Luck to all the players and most of all be safe!!

strike hard
10-23-2005, 10:55 PM
I am going to say Rice by 14.

Bellville22
10-24-2005, 01:22 PM
Sealy by 6.

44INAROW
10-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by GUT
Rice is way over rated.

:rolleyes: must be a :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: :smoker: I haven't seen them in any polls, maybe I missed one

I say the Raiders win by 3 TD's :)

LogieJoeBean001
10-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by CheerMom
the last ticks of the game.

Eeeewwww, ya'll got ticks? Just be sure to take plenty of insect repellant to the game with ya. Those little boogers can be real nasty!:eek: :eek: :D

UPanIN
10-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Sealy will win this game and Rice will have it's first "L".

Sealy by 10.

CheerMom
10-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Bellville22
Sealy by 6.

I can't believe you said that!!:eek: :eek:

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-24-2005, 08:31 PM
Uh oh. See now is when things between Rice and Bellville start to get nasty! We both want the district championship but only 1 team can have it! HERE WE GO!

CheerMom
10-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Insanity_Strikes_Again
Uh oh. See now is when things between Rice and Bellville start to get nasty! We both want the district championship but only 1 team can have it! HERE WE GO!

Nothing going on, but a little fun!! He knows he's my bud.;) Just had to give him a hard time.

chugbug
10-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Alot of people come into the Swamp, but not too many come out victorious. Rice wins this one.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

scotty
10-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Sealy comes into this game with its back totally against the wall. A loss will put them in the gym.
No longer do the Tigers have the great defenses they had in the 90’s. They don’t have a lot of the real good-looking physical kids. Maybe they are running around in the hallways and maybe it’s the same thing we’re seeing in La Grange, Columbus, Bay City and some other places where the talent pool is no longer what it was.
Sealy’s offense is getting better and has scored points against very good teams…Bellville and Cuero are examples.
On the other hand, many people in the area are pumped at the great job the coaches are doing in Hempstead.
For my money — considering the great football players who graduated at Rice last year — I believe that Coach Dumont and his crew are doing the best job of coaching in the district. No matter the opposition, you have to do something right to be undefeated with two games left in the season.
I have ties and great respect with both schools so I wouldn’t even attempt to predict a winner. I expect a great game, I’m going to watch and we’ll all know the outcome at about 10:30 Friday night.

CheerMom
10-25-2005, 08:44 PM
Great post, Scotty!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Jetlag
10-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Scotty, great post.

rhs78
10-27-2005, 11:06 AM
ttt

elhs
10-27-2005, 02:31 PM
I think it will be a great game. Good luck to all, I think the Raiders will win by 7.

Good Luck Big BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

GUT
10-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Sealy 21 Rice 6! You're goin' DOWN Raiders!

Bull's-eye
10-27-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm going with the Raiders, but watch out for the Tigers. They are in a must win situation and their QB can make things happen, especially when the receivers are covered.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-27-2005, 05:51 PM
We're about to find out how all this turns out tommorrow night! I'm ready!

Raider Nurse
10-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the great classy post, Scotty!!!!!!!!! Sealy is a good team but I believe in the Rice Raiders and I believe they will win!!!!!!!!! Go,Go,Go,Go Rice!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Texas Aggie
10-27-2005, 08:14 PM
Rice is coming up under the top 25 spotlight, and that is good for them. If anything, they are the most underrated team in 3A, especially since they are undefeated with two gmes left, and they have not been in the top 25 yet. They are a very well balanced team and can put points on the board especially late in the game. I believe that the first half will be close, but in the secod half Rice will run away with this game. Rice 42 Sealy 14.

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-28-2005, 07:17 AM
Woah! Today is the big day! Go get'em raiders!

chugbug
10-28-2005, 08:38 AM
This cool weather has caused all of the crawfish to crawl into their holes. So I don't have any to load. Ol Delmer says that this is going to be an exciting one. I will be at the game. I can"t wait to see what Coach Dumont, Trixler, Zinehard and Pugosky have in store for the Sealy Tigers. Go Raiders.:eek: :eek: :tongue: :weeping: :weeping: :weeping:

GUT
10-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Aint happening Raiders are GOIN DOWN!

BULLRUSH
10-28-2005, 08:54 AM
This ought to be a heck of game. Both offenses have gotten alot better. The QB situation for both teams is exciting. I haven't seen a soph. play with as much poise as Cook from Rice and the quick little guy from Sealy makes for some exciting football. It could come down to who can stop who. Good Luck.

28OptionOn2
10-28-2005, 10:28 AM
How did the sub-varsity teams end up last night for these two schools?

gobbler grad
10-28-2005, 11:25 AM
Rice takes it by 14 pts...:D

rhs78
10-28-2005, 02:29 PM
Good luck Raiders bring on the Tigers

GO RAIDERS

CheerMom
10-28-2005, 04:34 PM
See ya at the game, guys!!! Go got them, Tigers!!