PDA

View Full Version : Bellville vs. Hempstead

CheerMom
10-22-2005, 09:32 AM
Things are coming down to the wire. What are everyone's thoughts on this showdown?

kevo081
10-22-2005, 09:42 AM
hempstead seems to run the same offense that sealy and navasota ran. i think we will see basically different people running the same plays. a fan told me today that there is a rumor that hempstead had to "forfeit" the rest of their games because not enough players were eligable. anyone else know about this?

CheerMom
10-22-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by kevo081
a fan told me today that there is a rumor that hempstead had to "forfeit" the rest of their games because not enough players were eligable. anyone else know about this?

I hope that isn't true. That would be a sad thing to happen. They have finally found a Coach that can turn this team around. I was impressed with how well they played, and most of all the good sportsmanship they displayed. That is a big accomplishment for this team.

BrahmaDAD70
10-22-2005, 12:01 PM
Bellville should win this one but it will be close for 3 qtrs.

sicem74
10-22-2005, 12:11 PM
when does bellville play rice?

BrahmaDAD70
10-22-2005, 12:13 PM
one week from thursday

Raider Nurse
10-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Go Rice!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

CheerMom
10-22-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
when does bellville play rice?

Nov. 4th in Bellville.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Bellville plays Rice in Bellville in two weeks on Friday not Thursday.

BrahmaDAD70
10-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Sorry I was thinking about my sons game it is on thursday.

My Bad

Bull's-eye
10-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Bellville hasn't looked like a top 15 team in their last 2 games. The offense hasn't taken care of the ball and the passing game has gone south. This offense is almost unstoppable, unless they stop themselves. The defense has been having trouble with the athletic running QB's and wrapping up tackles. Doesn't look like they have the same intensity that they displayed in those earlier pre-district games.

I look for Bellville to defeat Hempstead, setting up a district championship showdown with Rice. Hopefully they will regain their intensity, just in time for the playoffs.

rhs78
10-23-2005, 07:14 PM
The Bobcats are improved greatly and my hats off to coach Seargent. He has done a great job with this team. With that said, their offense is their weekest part of the team but their defense keeps them in most games. Depth seems to hurt the bobcats in the second half as alot of players going both ways.

Bellville should win this game and pull way by atleast 3 tds in the second half and hand Hempstead their second district lose of the year. The Brahmas are too strong and battle tested to allow the Bobcats to win.

2little2no
10-23-2005, 07:58 PM
Yea I hear Bellvilles Defense is getting a little weak:thinking:

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Sorry to say but I am rooting for the Bobcats on this one. Playing them personally impressed me with the great improvement that they have made. Not just in their game and skill, but in there attitude. I noticed while shaking there hands after the game that there was no bad remarks, no pouting faces, just some "good games", "good luck", and "We'll meet again!" All positive feedback from a completely changed team. There was the rumor that the QB walked off on them during the second half, and if this is true, then he does not belong on that team...he is only bringing the other players down.

CheerMom
10-23-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Insanity_Strikes_Again
Sorry to say but I am rooting for the Bobcats on this one. Playing them personally impressed me with the great improvement that they have made. Not just in their game and skill, but in there attitude. I noticed while shaking there hands after the game that there was no bad remarks, no pouting faces, just some "good games", "good luck", and "We'll meet again!" All positive feedback from a completely changed team. There was the rumor that the QB walked off on them during the second half, and if this is true, then he does not belong on that team...he is only bringing the other players down.
I thought after he went out hurt and the other QB came in that I saw him on the field as a receiver in the second half.
I might be wrong, though.

2little2no
10-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Yea Chris Tate is #4 he was a receiver.

WOS1
10-23-2005, 10:50 PM
What kind of offense does B'ville run?

strike hard
10-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Hempstead has improved alot but Bellville will take this one in a close one. Bellville pulls away in the 4th winning by 10.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Bulls-Eye is right, Bellville has not looked at all like they did in the pre-season. Bellville is still good enough to not play up to par and win games, but were is the intensity the defense had during the first 3 games? Bellville will need to get back in the grove and get fired up on defense, the offense looks good, just get the passing game back on track. Bellville needs to get on a roll these next two games and then play their best game of the season if they want to make it to the 2nd round of the play-offs!!

scotty
10-24-2005, 07:10 AM
The District 20-3A committee is meeting this morning (Monday) in Sealy to discuss a situation concerning Hempstead.
It appears that they had a couple of kids who played in games and weren’t on the eligibility list. It is also my understanding that they turned themselves in.
This could make a big difference in the playoff picture of district teams who have already played them in case the Bobcats must forfeit those games. We’ll see.

neck_06
10-24-2005, 08:56 AM
i'm taking HEMPSTEAD

UPanIN
10-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Bellville by 17.

Bellville22
10-24-2005, 01:21 PM
If Hempstead takes care of the ball, they can play with the Brahmas. If they turn over the ball like they did vs. Rice, it will get ugly. Hempstead plays the style of offense that has given Bellville problems in the past few weeks, and Bellville has matchup problems covering Tolliver.

Bellville by 8

Brahma73
10-24-2005, 02:08 PM
See ya' in the stands, B22!

CheerMom
10-25-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by scotty
The District 20-3A committee is meeting this morning (Monday) in Sealy to discuss a situation concerning Hempstead.
It appears that they had a couple of kids who played in games and weren’t on the eligibility list. It is also my understanding that they turned themselves in.
This could make a big difference in the playoff picture of district teams who have already played them in case the Bobcats must forfeit those games. We’ll see.

Any word on the outcome of this?

KL3
10-25-2005, 05:46 PM
Maybe I've missed this, but you Navasota fans, the QB yall had vs. Bellville, what position did he play prior to QB? Was this his first game as a QB? I'm wondering because I thought Shiflett had been the QB all year and Monk wasn't on the roster.

scotty
10-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Hempstead received a reprimand and won’t have to forfeit any of its games. They are still 2-1 in district play.
Mock is a sophomore and was the junior varsity quarterback. It appears that Coach Fedora is beginning to put things together in Navasota. If you recall the first year he was at Waco Robinson he was something like 1-9 or maybe even 0-10. The next year they won the district championship with a record that was either 9-1 or 10-0. Maybe not next year but sometime in the future the Rattlers are going to be tough.

venomous tat2
10-26-2005, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KL3
Maybe I've missed this, but you Navasota fans, the QB yall had vs. Bellville, what position did he play prior to QB? Was this his first game as a QB? I'm wondering because I thought Shiflett had been the QB all year and Monk wasn't on the roster. [/QUOTE

Tremarlon Mock soph, the son of former rattler qb Stevie Mock
was a rb on the jv got moved up for the Cleveland game played some qb that game and the Rice game. Vs Hempstead he played Corner and did a great job of keeping the ball out of Tolliver's
hand on long passes he's 5'10" and Tolliver is 6'5". Vs Bellville
he got all the snaps and gave them fits he is quick as a cat and will be very dangerous when he gets a full understanding of Fedora's offense. Qb's runs in his family his Father and cousin
Marvin Wesley another great rattler qb.

venomous tat2
10-26-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by scotty
Hempstead received a reprimand and won’t have to forfeit any of its games. They are still 2-1 in district play.
Mock is a sophomore and was the junior varsity quarterback. It appears that Coach Fedora is beginning to put things together in Navasota. If you recall the first year he was at Waco Robinson he was something like 1-9 or maybe even 0-10. The next year they won the district championship with a record that was either 9-1 or 10-0. Maybe not next year but sometime in the future the Rattlers are going to be tough.

The jv qb is a freshmen Jacoby Stokes Mock played tail back.

HPLJ6L
10-26-2005, 11:04 AM
Is Mock the man? or will Shiflett return?

venomous tat2
10-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by HPLJ6L
Is Mock the man? or will Shiflett return?

Mock, he had a good game vs the #1 team in the dist Bellville
and there is no reason he shouldn't have a good showing the next 2 games. Shiftlet moved to lb to help the team on D and has had an impact there and the defense is doing well with him in there

hoosierdaddy
10-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KL3
Maybe I've missed this, but you Navasota fans, the QB yall had vs. Bellville, what position did he play prior to QB? Was this his first game as a QB? I'm wondering because I thought Shiflett had been the QB all year and Monk wasn't on the roster. [/QUOTE

Tremarlon Mock soph, the son of former rattler qb Stevie Mock
was a rb on the jv got moved up for the Cleveland game played some qb that game and the Rice game. Vs Hempstead he played Corner and did a great job of keeping the ball out of Tolliver's
hand on long passes he's 5'10" and Tolliver is 6'5". Vs Bellville
he got all the snaps and gave them fits he is quick as a cat and will be very dangerous when he gets a full understanding of Fedora's offense. Qb's runs in his family his Father and cousin
Marvin Wesley another great rattler qb.
Leave it to VT2 to give us the entire linage of each player. I guess you've been there long enough to know them all Tat. I look forward to to hearing good things about that Rattler program in the coming years.

BrahmaMom
10-28-2005, 04:31 PM
Well, Bull'sEye and FBB, BrahmaDad agrees with you--Bellville hasn't looked as good the past few weeks. Makes this Mom worry a little about tonight. But the Brahmas have heart, so I give them the nod. Don't let up, Bulls!!! Go Brahmas!

CheerMom
10-28-2005, 04:35 PM
Go Brahmas!!!:clap: :clap: :clap: