PDA

View Full Version : wharton-stafford

bd62
10-21-2005, 11:31 PM
hear on the radio that stafford beat wharton 14-7.

neck_94
10-21-2005, 11:32 PM
WOW ! ! !

Necked
10-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by bd62

If that score is correct....Jesus............:eek: :eek: :eek:

SintonFan
10-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Wha???:confused:

scrub c
10-21-2005, 11:34 PM
HOLY MOLY Stafford beats Wharton???

44INAROW
10-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by bd62

how's this going to affect the playoff standings?

neck_94
10-21-2005, 11:41 PM
everybody is back in it...

West Columbia 3-0 (beat Whart/Staff/Swee) has pala & need
Stafford 2-1(beat Pala/Whart lost WC) has Need & swee
Needville 2-1(beat Swee/Pala/lost Whart) has staff & WC
Sweeny 1-2(beat Pala/lost Need/WC) has Wart/Staff
Wharton 1-2(beat Need lost WC/Staff) has Swee&Pala
Palacios 0-3(lost Staff/Swee/Need) has WC & Whart

Necked
10-21-2005, 11:41 PM
Wait....Wait....everybody settle down until we can confirm this score.
Lest we forget Dewey defeats Truman!

SintonFan
10-21-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
how's this going to affect the playoff standings?
Also, who would've thought anyone would hold Wharton to 7.... SEVEN?

bd62
10-21-2005, 11:46 PM
someone from wharton should be able to confirm this. score was given from columbus station at the end of columbus-sealy game,

Necked
10-21-2005, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Also, who would've thought anyone would hold Wharton to 7.... SEVEN?

Now see, that just sounds bogus right there. We hung 50 on Stafford just 2 weeks ago. Hell, even Palacios touched them up for 14.......just doesn't sound legit....

gobbler grad
10-21-2005, 11:51 PM
this could shake things up a bit...:thinking:

bd62
10-21-2005, 11:53 PM
i had a hard time believing it also but thats what the station in columbus reported.

Necked
10-21-2005, 11:55 PM
This is getting spooky. There are alot of Wharton fans on this board, and I've yet to see one log on. Thats not a good sign my friends.......

SintonFan
10-21-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Now see, that just sounds bogus right there. We hung 50 on Stafford just 2 weeks ago. Hell, even Palacios touched them up for 14.......just doesn't sound legit....
Radio scores are always right, right?

bd62
10-22-2005, 12:06 AM
fsw reported 14-7 stafford over wharton also. so if it the wrong score 2 scores got it wrong.

Specklebelly
10-22-2005, 12:06 AM
http://www.journal-spectator.com/

Link to the Wharton newspaper, the shocker of a score is scrolling on top. Proof enough for me they lost.

3&2count
10-22-2005, 12:20 AM
That is something. NO way I saw that coming.

Needville beat Palacios bad tonight. Palacios scored on a blocked PAT and ran it back for 2 and then scored on the 2nd string DEF.

Needville looked good.

Gobbla2001
10-22-2005, 12:25 AM
Wow, the rollercoaster that is Wharton just keeps on operating...

Is Stafford that good?

Was it a match-up problem or a more than flat showing by the Tigers?

3&2count
10-22-2005, 12:32 AM
WC beat Stafford 50-0.
WC beat Wharton 14-13.

Wharton beat Needville 47-6.

I don't think it is a talent problem in Wharton. They have the players and the talent. They must have come out flat. Also, Wharton's starting QB is out with an injury. That makes a huge difference.

Gobbla2001
10-22-2005, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by 3&2count
WC beat Stafford 50-0.
WC beat Wharton 14-13.

Wharton beat Needville 47-6.

I don't think it is a talent problem in Wharton. They have the players and the talent. They must have come out flat. Also, Wharton's starting QB is out with an injury. That makes a huge difference.

There is never a talent problem in Wharton, I can tell you that much...

I figured that the loss of Ansley at QB would effect Wharton's offense a tad, but still figured Wharton would get the dub-ya...

shows how much a I know...

But WC beating Stafford 50-0 while WC only beat Wharton 14-13 goes to show that you cannot go by 'who beat who' stats to predict who the better team is... Stafford showed that tonight...

htowntransplant
10-22-2005, 06:25 AM
man stafford beat wharton?? o no! how dat happen?? which wharton team showed up? the one that gave cuero a test or the third team??

scrub c
10-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Stats from chron..Stafford............Wharton

First Downs ............14.................. 6
Rushes - Yards .. 46 - 194 ..............27 - 90
Comp-Att-Int ......6 - 9 - 0 ..............9 - 14 - 1
Passing yards .......58 ....................89
Punts-avg. .....2 - 37.0 ...................5 - 20.0
Fumbles-lost ....1 - 0 ......................2 - 1
Penalties-yards 7 - 50 ....................6 - 55

LogieJoeBean001
10-22-2005, 07:31 AM
This had nothing to do with the boys or their ability to play. I stand behind my boys, always have and always will, win or lose. I was there, I saw it but I still can't believe it. I don't know who was more shocked, the boys or the fans.

Saw several players getting chewed out on the sidelines, or what "appeared" to be getting chewed out. When a coach can be heard in the stands, I call that getting chewed out. I could be wrong and I'm sure I'll be told so. The look on the coach's face though...... So I'll ask this question, should ya chew your boys out royally or should ya, point out mistakes but also give em a pep talk to try and encourage them? I know that coaches do this but ya have to wonder how much it really helps or does it hurt ya more? Don't know what the answer is.

Lot's of penalties on Wharton, some turnovers and a tough game for qb. New kicker, some bad kicks, plays that didn't work, one when Wharton was down in scoring position and Stafford intercepted the ball in the endzone. This would have put Wharton ahead. No, it wasn't #11 who was in at qb at the time. Toward the end of the game Stafford worked the clock taking as much time off as they could. Even took a delay of game penalty to run time down. The strategy paid off because there was only a little more than a minute left on the clock when they made their final score.

I was very proud of the boys for not falling for the taunts and jeers from the Stafford players, particularly #54. We all saw him trying to start trouble and our boys just walked away. Way to go Tigers, you showed what kind of character you really do have.

I'm sending this out to tha boyz...I support ya, I stand behind ya and you are ALL winners in my eyes. You know I'll always be there for ya. Shake this off...we got two more games to play in district and always, always believe in yourselves...you can DO this thing. I believe in ya...I BELIEVE!

GO TIGERS, GO BIG BLUE!!!!

LogieJoeBean001
10-22-2005, 07:33 AM
[

Old Cardinal
10-22-2005, 08:56 AM
It's kind of interesting in that Huffman, Stafford and others in more metro adjacent areas are starting to pull themselves up by their bootstraps. They are starting to emphazise football to some extent and even hire better Coaching.
I just wonder if this trend which is in its infancy will continue to grow? Any thoughts?

Necked
10-22-2005, 01:03 PM
I tried to sort out the mess this has caused the playoff situation. Its just too complex for me with all the point differentals coming into play. Sorry Cuero, ya'll will just have to wait for this to sort itself out to find out who ya'll play.

Sweeny plays at Wharton next, so one of these teams will end up sitting with Palacios in the stands. :crying:

Staford plays Needville. This is in all likelyhood a must win for Needville, as they haven't gotten smeared by Columbia yet, so they would end up with 3 losses. That would mean they need Wharton to lose to Sweeny by X number of points, unless Stafford turns around and loses to Sweeny by X number of points, and so on......

See what I mean? :tongue:

Gobbla2001
10-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Wow, Wharton and Cuero cold be in the first round?

That'd be a heckuva game...

LogieJoeBean001
10-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Wow, Wharton and Cuero cold be in the first round?

That'd be a heckuva game...

No, not really...not anymore.

The matchup would be nowhere near the same as it was in preseason. (Why do I get the feeling like there are those who wish this thread had remained buried on page 5 or 6 where I found it?) .......{....logie hearing only the sound of crickets chirping.....}

Bull's-eye
10-24-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
But WC beating Stafford 50-0 while WC only beat Wharton 14-13 goes to show that you cannot go by 'who beat who' stats to predict who the better team is... Stafford showed that tonight...

That's exactly right! Some teams match up better with other teams. A lack of team speed, size, passing game, running game, pass defense or run defense can be exploited. Most good teams have the ability to pass and run and defend both types of offenses.

Necked
10-24-2005, 12:25 PM
The Wharton-Sweeny game looks like it could be a good game, what with both teams fighting for the last playoff spot. Where is this game gonna be played?

LogieJoeBean001
10-24-2005, 12:37 PM
The Wharton-Sweeny game will be played in Wharton. Wharton's last home game of the year.

neck_94
10-24-2005, 01:09 PM
... what with both teams fighting for the last playoff spot...

well, actually, the only thing for sure is... the loser is OUT. Both teams are 1-2.

Needville and Stafford are in the drivers seat for 2nd and 3rd palyoff spot @ 2-1. AND they both play each other this week. So one will be 3-1(and in) the other 2-2 with one to play.
So the moral to this story is, Sweeny and Wharton are in a MUST WIN situation.

LogieJoeBean001
10-24-2005, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by neck_94
well, actually, the only thing for sure is... the loser is OUT. Both teams are 1-2.

Never dreamed at the beginning of the season we'd be in this predicament...never in a million years. But then...I never dreamed our starting qb would go out with a season-ending injury. We haven't lost a qb to injury for the season since I've been here...it's totally changed the season, as these things do.

#11 is an outstanding qb...if this thing had to happen, sure wish it'd been earlier in the season so #11 might had more of a chance to get in sync rather than after district had started. But as my Momma has always told me, things happen for a reason and it will all turn out for the best...afterall, it's not in our hands but in God's and it will all come about according to His plan and will, not ours.

briefcase
10-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Cuero always seems to have trouble defending the spread offense and a mobile QB.
Last years Wharton game, this years Wharton game, and Abilene Wyle last year in State Final.

Necked
10-24-2005, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by neck_94

Needville and Stafford are in the drivers seat for 2nd and 3rd palyoff spot @ 2-1. AND they both play each other this week. So one will be 3-1(and in) the other 2-2 with one to play.

I think I figured out that Wharton can still take the 1st seed & avoid Cuero...
1st, Wharton win out---> 3-2 then,
Needville beats Stafford, loses to Columbia --- 3-2 &
Stafford loses to Needville & Sweeny 2-3

Wharton & Needville @ 3-2 advance, w/Wharton owning the tiebreaker.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

gato 76
10-24-2005, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LogieJoeBean001
[B]Never dreamed at the beginning of the season we'd be in this predicament...never in a million years.

I knew this would happen,for the players sake i was hoping it would not happen.Now they have to win fri. to make the playoffs,,man oh man bu97,red raider 2000,footballcoach40,do you feel the pressure now.Like i said before when you have that much talent you guys should be unbeaten,i know this would have never happen in sinton,cuero,BC.I will be pulling for you guys i really hope you can win,if you don't you have a lot of explaining to do to the kids,and fans you can't blame it all on a injury to a player you should have been better prepared.

18handicap
10-24-2005, 08:15 PM
And gato?? How are the Blackcats doing??

Necked
10-24-2005, 08:35 PM
Dude..too harsh. They are feeling bad enough as it is. No need to kick them in the teeth....

NateDawg39
10-24-2005, 08:39 PM
I go to school with a girl from Wharton...shes hot!!

Insanity_Strikes_Again
10-24-2005, 08:46 PM
HAHAHAHA! @ NateDawg

gato 76
10-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap

18handicap the city cats are ok,they are 3-4,on the year,3-1 in district.They have a tough game wed against angleton,but its a game that we can win, we are very young on defense we start 5 soph,2 jr,this time next year we wont be 3-4 i promise you this.

LogieJoeBean001
10-25-2005, 05:29 AM
I think I figured out that Wharton can still take the 1st seed & avoid Cuero...
1st, Wharton win out---> 3-2 then,
Needville beats Stafford, loses to Columbia --- 3-2 &
Stafford loses to Needville & Sweeny 2-3

Wharton & Needville @ 3-2 advance, w/Wharton owning the tiebreaker.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong....

I can see this happening. I honestly think that Needville can beat Stafford, but not WC. Sweeny is a much improved team over last year and could take Stafford as well. Wharton is definitely in a must win situation for the next two weeks. One thing for sure, we'll all know the end result in a couple of weeks.

Hang on for the ride....

FbCoachB40
10-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Gato, here is my suggestion. Go get a degree! Get certified in some teaching field! and come try to take my job!

Since you say that the loss is all the coaches fault! Idiot, I don't get to play!!!! I wish I could. I also wish at times that I could just sit back and point out the faults of others, but I don't even have time to get started on you.

pancho villa
10-25-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by FbCoachB40
Gato, here is my suggestion. Go get a degree! Get certified in some teaching field! and come try to take my job!

Since you say that the loss is all the coaches fault! Idiot, I don't get to play!!!! I wish I could. I also wish at times that I could just sit back and point out the faults of others, but I don't even have time to get started on you.

Don't let a fool and non-football player get you riled up.
Get a job Gato.

gato 76
10-26-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap

18handycap,wanted to give you an update on our progress,we went into angleton an beat a very good wildcat team 34-23.That puts us at 4-4 on the year an 4-1 in district with a very young soph laten blackcat team,just thought you might want to know.

AJ_2005
10-26-2005, 11:36 PM
good job stafford

LogieJoeBean001
10-28-2005, 08:00 AM
[

LogieJoeBean001
10-28-2005, 11:17 AM
[