PDA

View Full Version : Cameron 21 Giddings 20 F

ILS1
10-21-2005, 11:03 PM
Cameron blocks a FG attempt by Giddings with 1:30 left in the game to preserve the win!!!

:D

Dogman
10-21-2005, 11:14 PM
What happened to the Buff's? I figure the Yoe made the buff's pitch on the option and then it was over? Am I right????

spiveyrat
10-21-2005, 11:16 PM
Was this one supposed to be close??? :eek:

sicem74
10-21-2005, 11:25 PM
yes!!

gobblerfan02
10-21-2005, 11:28 PM
A blocked field goal!!!!!!!! Dang it!
Poor buffs, still want ya'll to do well come playoff time!

theyoefnshow
10-21-2005, 11:41 PM
This was an amazing game! Giddings came out wrecking shop the 1st half and even took out our superstar QB Brian Scott in the 2nd quarter! He stayed out the rest of the game but our defense came to life 3rd quarter and played LIGHTS OUT defense against one of the best offenses in the state! Cameron went on to score 21 unanswered points to make the score 21-20. Giddings tried to go for a 37 yard FG but it was blocked w/ about a minute to go. From there, Cameron ran down the clock to preserve the win. Giddings superstar QB Brock Fitzhenry has been averaging about 250 yards a game on the ground. Tonight, he had one 70 yard run and was shut down the rest of the night. Giddings vs. Bellville is gonna be a ballbuster though, I can assure you that! Congrats Yoemen! Prove that #3 rating is for real!

Dogman
10-21-2005, 11:44 PM
Who did the Yoe use as the QB after the starter went down? Evans? What kind of injury did he sustain???

theyoefnshow
10-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Corderick (sp?) Mobley was the backup. He's #7 and starts in the secondary. He's done some damage on cleanup crew in recent blowouts so when he went in I knew we were in good hands. He ended up connecting w/ Derrick Evans (#5) for our 2nd & 3rd TD passes. The first 1 was classic Evans just catching the ball in stride from about 50 or more yards out. The 2nd was just a short pass that required some jukin & jivin but got in the zone. Hard to say how this game would've turned out had Giddings made that 2nd extra point....

Oh and as for Brian, he came out without his pads on. He was slung down pretty hard by a few Giddings players. At first everyone thought he had the wind knocked out of him but you could tell quickly it was more serious. He was walking on his own and was giving Mobley pointers in the 2nd half as they were conversing quite a bit. Hopefully he'll return but with him being a Jr and next week's game a "should win," I would sit him out and make sure he's 100% instead of risking further injury. If I hear anything on his condition I'll post it. Brian has already passed 2100 total yards so we definately need him healthy and Mobley proved he can more than hold his own when needed to. I just wish he would take care of that ball better when he runs with it!

gobbler grad
10-22-2005, 12:14 AM
very close game here...congrats to the Yoemen...looks like momentum changed in 2nd half...:thinking:

hornfan
10-22-2005, 12:18 AM
austin paper reports a bruised chest for Brian Scott

sicem74
10-22-2005, 12:27 AM
how did u get the results from the paper that quick

Cameronbystander
10-22-2005, 12:34 AM
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/10/22yoe.html

HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL
Cameron Yoe 21, Giddings 21
Yoemen dig out from 20-0 hole

By Rick Cantu

AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF

Saturday, October 22, 2005

CAMERON — Yoe quarterback Brian Scott had bruised ribs. The Yoemen were on the wrong end of a 20-0 score. The best team on Yoe's schedule was on the verge of a blowout. The life-support system was failing, too.

Cameron Yoe, however, didn't get to be the state's third-ranked Class 3A team by backing down from a fight. Backed into a corner, the Yoemen came on strong in the second half and pulled off a 21-20 shocker before a delirious overflow crowd Friday night at Yoe Field.

The battle of unbeatens lived up to its billing as the best game on the Central Texas menu. With backup quarterback Cordrick Mobley calling the shots, he led the improbable victory with a stellar second-half performance. His 9-yard touchdown pass to All-State receiver Derek Evans with 4:30 remaining capped the rally and gave the Yoemen sole possession of first place in District 19-3A.

Junior safety James Williams provided the game's pivotal play, blocking a 39-yard field-goal attempt by Giddings kicker Zach Marlow with 1:04 to go.

"I knew I was going to block it!" Williams said as the final seconds ticked off the stadium clock. "He (the holder) bobbled it and I knew I was going to get it."

Despite a low snap, Marlow seemingly had time for the kick. But Williams, unblocked while racing in from the right side, made a head-first dive to block it.

The Yoemen ran out the clock on their next offensive possession to seal it.

When starting quarterback Scott sidelined for the entire second half with a bruised chest, Mobley was given his first real shot at winning a game. "My coaches told me, 'Just do it,' and I wasn't scared when I went in there."

While Scott earned a game ball for his effort, no player was more valuable than Evans, who rebounded from a slow first half to catch eight passes for 138 yards. Scott caught two passes and threw for a third. His scoring pass to Jarvin Johnson provided the spark Yoe desperately needed.

"It was a play we'd worked on all week," Yoe coach Mike Mullins said. "I felt like we might need something like that."

Yoe outscored the Buffaloes 21-0 in the second half.

Yoe beat Giddings 40-37 last season. In that game, Giddings missed a field goal on the last play of the game to end it.

Yoe had to rally after getting burned in the first half by its own offensive gamble.

Faced with a fourth-and-1 on its own 34 midway through the first quarter, the Yoemen elected to go for it. The plan seemed to work until a short pass thrown to Evans slipped through his hands. Giddings took advantage of its field position by reaching the end zone on six plays. The final two yards were carried by tailback Devane Jarmon, putting the unranked Buffaloes up to stay.

The rest of the half was dominated by Fitzhenry, who scorched the Yoe secondary with a 33-yard touchdown pass to wide-open Joel Green on Giddings' next possession. Midway through the second period, Fitzhenry, the leading Class 3A rusher in Central Texas with 1,350 yards, burst through a middle on and option run and sprinted 70 yards for a touchdown, his 18th of the season, giving Giddings a 20-0 halftime lead.

Fitzhenry, the leading 3A rusher in the region, finished with a game-high 111 yards on the ground.

As for Scott, he should be ready to return next week. If not, the Yoemen know they have a solid backup ... just in case.

gobbler grad
10-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Cameronbystander
http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/highschool/10/22yoe.html

Dang there quick...:thinking:

but it is Saturday...:eek: