PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland 27 Liberty 13

pantherpop
10-21-2005, 10:39 PM
Liberty returns the opening kickoff for a TD but its all downhill from there. Cleveland is just flat out a better team than Liberty at this stage. All the scoring was done in the first half. Most everything actually was done or because of special teams. Cleveland ran a punt back for a TD, then they blocked a Liberty punt and recovered at the 5 and scored one play latter. Before the half ended they ran a fake punt play for a big first down and scored a little bit latter. I will say that Liberty plays tough and like I said before this team is about a year away from being something special. Remember we have 12 freshmen and sophomores that have been playing varsity all season and they dont stand on the sidelines, they are getting lots of playing time so hold your heads up the future looks bright for Liberty. Cleveland is so much of a better team than they have had in the past and I can actually see them going at least a round or two in the playoffs. Good luck to Cleveland.

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Hold your heads up Panthers you lost to a good team. Cleveland inmpressed me when they played BH. It wouldn't suprise me to see Cleveland take the 2nd spot in district. They will have to get by a much improved Splendora team and a good Huffman team first.

shellman54
10-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Don't forget, last year Liberty was in the same position, and beat both Huffman and BH in the last two weeks of the season. Hope it doesn't happen again!!!! :D

pantherpop
10-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
Don't forget, last year Liberty was in the same position, and beat both Huffman and BH in the last two weeks of the season. Hope it doesn't happen again!!!! :D

It won't

shellman54
10-21-2005, 10:58 PM
I heard Liberty has speed but no size. I know that is typical of Liberty teams, but that their size is down even more this year. How true is that?

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by shellman54

Don't Jinxs us:doh:

pantherpop
10-21-2005, 11:09 PM
Yes its true but that can probably be said about any 3A school with a comparable enrollment such as Liberty's. What has alarmed me about this team is that I just don't see the enthusiasm with the players and the parents in the stands might as well stay at home. I've been to all the games the past three seasons when my middle son played here, and I've only missed 2 games this season now that I don't have a son on the varsity and this crowd is the deadest one I've ever seen.

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by pantherpop
Yes its true but that can probably be said about any 3A school with a comparable enrollment such as Liberty's. What has alarmed me about this team is that I just don't see the enthusiasm with the players and the parents in the stands might as well stay at home. I've been to all the games the past three seasons when my middle son played here, and I've only missed 2 games this season now that I don't have a son on the varsity and this crowd is the deadest one I've ever seen.

Sounds like our crowd. the home crowd at BH is very quite. you would have thougt we were winning by 70 tonight.

pantherpop
10-21-2005, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Sounds like our crowd. the home crowd at BH is very quite. you would have thougt we were winning by 70 tonight.

You know I actually said that in my quote but I came back and erased it cause I didn't want to stir up a hornets nest with the Barbers Hill people. I remember last year when we were at your stadium with the district title on the line and was amazed at how subdued the Eagle stands were and I remember thinking how proud I was of the Liberty crowd and how I was so glad we didn't have a bunch like the Eagle side. Well its definitly happened here and I can honestly say I'm embarrased by it.

scrub c
10-21-2005, 11:29 PM
congratulations Jimmy Thompson and cleveland

BH96
10-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Our crowed on the Hill side sux! I get so tired of going to a game and the people in the stands act like it is a social event! The people in the stands dont understand how much they can motivate the kids and players by screaming their heads off for 48 minutes. Who cares if you loose your voice you have seven days to get it back for the next game. Everybody needs to go to a Nederland game and see how their stands are. I can tell you they aren't sitting their like a bump on a log!

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by BH96
Our crowed on the Hill side sux! I get so tired of going to a game and the people in the stands act like it is a social event! The people in the stands dont understand how much they can motivate the kids and players by screaming their heads off for 48 minutes. Who cares if you loose your voice you have seven days to get it back for the next game. Everybody needs to go to a Nederland game and see how their stands are. I can tell you they aren't sitting their like a bump on a log!

Agreed the best I have ever seen our crowd was last week against Huffman, but that was due to Huffmans anouncer agging us on. The crowd that travels to the games are a lot better, but these are true eagle fans. The home crowd is like you said, one big social event!!!

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 11:57 PM
You know I actually said that in my quote but I came back and erased it cause I didn't want to stir up a hornets nest with the Barbers Hill people. I remember last year when we were at your stadium with the district title on the line and was amazed at how subdued the Eagle stands were and I remember thinking how proud I was of the Liberty crowd and how I was so glad we didn't have a bunch like the Eagle side. Well its definitly happened here and I can honestly say I'm embarrased by it.

We wouldn't jump ya. You seem like a level headed poster. Liberty needs more like yourself. Keep the post coming

Hupernikomen
10-22-2005, 01:18 AM
Well we called this one right didn't we..

I go ahead and say that I think Cleveland beats Huffman in a very close ballgame.

Rainman
10-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Barbers Hill's fan are undoubtedly some of the least enthusiastic "fans" in the state. I moved from Sweetwater to Barbers Hill before my sophomore year and had heard louder crowds at Sweetwater's freshman games.
The away crowd is much better than the home one.

AggieJohn
10-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Yes its true but that can probably be said about any 3A school with a comparable enrollment such as Liberty's. What has alarmed me about this team is that I just don't see the enthusiasm with the players and the parents in the stands might as well stay at home. I've been to all the games the past three seasons when my middle son played here, and I've only missed 2 games this season now that I don't have a son on the varsity and this crowd is the deadest one I've ever seen. not that i am making excuses but the fact that it's fair week i think had some thing to do with it

Hupernikomen
10-22-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
not that i am making excuses but the fact that it's fair week i think had some thing to do with it

All those late nights at TVE..yep that is what it was.

lhspanther
10-22-2005, 04:39 PM
Yeah the fair probably had something to do with it, but that is no excuse. Liberty just couldnt get anything going. I was shocked again at the inability to catch passes althogh some where off the mark we need to make a few more plays. The size of liberty players never has worried me, i played on so many squads that were small but it never slowed us down. Liberty will pick it up i have alot of faith in them, they definetly dont want to be the firts in about 10 or 15 years not to make the playoffs. Get all the distractions out of the way and just go out and play football, thats my message to the panthers, i will always be in support of you guys win, lose, or draw. And i do think cleveland was a better team on that night, they are my pick to be the number 2 team in the district, its between us and Huffman. We were in this position last year and we showed alot of character, i know these guys have that same character so dont give up on them liberty fans. Start thinking about huffman right now... Go Liberty!!!!!

Hupernikomen
10-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by lhspanther
Yeah the fair probably had something to do with it, but that is no excuse. Liberty just couldnt get anything going. I was shocked again at the inability to catch passes althogh some where off the mark we need to make a few more plays. The size of liberty players never has worried me, i played on so many squads that were small but it never slowed us down. Liberty will pick it up i have alot of faith in them, they definetly dont want to be the firts in about 10 or 15 years not to make the playoffs. Get all the distractions out of the way and just go out and play football, thats my message to the panthers, i will always be in support of you guys win, lose, or draw. And i do think cleveland was a better team on that night, they are my pick to be the number 2 team in the district, its between us and Huffman. We were in this position last year and we showed alot of character, i know these guys have that same character so dont give up on them liberty fans. Start thinking about huffman right now... Go Liberty!!!!!

Good post and I agree with everything you said. I do think the winner or Liberty vs Huffman will be our district's 3rd playoff spot representative...however Splendora is not dead quite yet.

lhspanther
10-23-2005, 11:21 PM
I also agree with what you said about spledora very good defense, they gave barbers hill some problems. The more i think about it the more i start to believe this district is going to be down to the wire for the last two playoff spots. Its crazy but thats how high school football is....

park place 45
10-26-2005, 01:01 PM
liberty beat themselves with turnovers....if they would have played like they are capable of they would have won easily.

Hupernikomen
10-26-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by park place 45
liberty beat themselves with turnovers....if they would have played like they are capable of they would have won easily.

One can only wonder what games would be like everyone played to their full capabilities..