PDA

View Full Version : Pirates 20, Mules 6

Lost @ BOB
10-21-2005, 10:28 PM
Complete and total domination in all facets of the game. Amazing what happens when you play a real team!

Adidas410s
10-21-2005, 10:30 PM
any particular team names you wanna include with this one??? My first thought was Sinton vs Muleshoe...but that isn't right!

3afan
10-21-2005, 10:30 PM
my thought exactly !!?!?!?

Snyder_TigerFan
10-21-2005, 10:33 PM
I took it as Lubbock Cooper and Muleshoe.

GWOOD
10-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Congratulations to the Pirates. This was a big game. I wouldn't take anything away from Muleshoe. What you said about the Mules could be said to you by Sweetwater and Canyon.

Da Mules
10-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Pretty rude, but true nonetheless BOB.

I guess a district title is a big thrill when you haven't won one in 30 years, but tearing down the goalpost ??

Here's the game story from Lubbock A-J

Pirates prevail
BY ADAM ZUVANICH
AVALANCHE-JOURNAL

WOODROW - The Cooper football team went more than 30 years without a district championship.

Now the Pirates have at least a share of the District 2-3A title for the second straight season.

Cooper improved its league record to 3-0 on Friday night with a 20-6 dismantling of previously unbeaten Muleshoe at Pirate Stadium. The Pirates (6-3 overall) can clinch their second straight outright district crown with a win at Brownfield next week.

The Cooper students in the home stands began chanting "District champs!" shortly after the game, and they tore down one of the goalposts not long after.

"We're the first class to win two district championships in a row," said senior lineman Cory Nichols, who helped the Pirates finish with a 5-0 record at home this season. "It feels good, but we've still got one more game. This thing ain't quite in the bag ... but it does feel good for the moment."

The Mules (7-1, 1-1), on the other hand, weren't feeling so hot after suffering their first loss of the season. Muleshoe entered Friday's game with one of the most potent offenses and stingiest defenses on the South Plains, but Cooper dominated both sides of the ball.

The Pirates held Muleshoe to 144 total yards and only seven first downs, and they limited senior running back Brady Black to a mere 51 rushing yards on eight carries - and Black had a 53-yard touchdown run early in the second quarter to cut Cooper's lead to 7-6.

Muleshoe quarterback Brant Hamilton fared worse on the ground, gaining just seven yards on 10 carries.

"They shut us down, and I didn't take advantage of the two weeks," said Muleshoe head coach David Wood, whose Mules were coming off a bye week. "I didn't get us prepared to do some things they were going to throw at us. It's my fault."

Cooper's offensive and defensive lines had their way with the Mules, enabling the Pirates to keep possession for most of the game. The offensive line paved the way for running back Jamar Cooks and quarterback Trey Wood, who combined for 252 rushing yards and all three of Cooper's touchdowns.

The Mules still had a chance trailing 14-6 a little more than midway through the fourth quarter, when Hamilton's right arm and his receivers helped Muleshoe drive to Cooper's 31-yard line.

A false start penalty and a tenacious Cooper defense halted the drive with 3:28 left, however, and Cooks sealed the victory with a 37-yard TD run exactly two minutes later.

"I'm proud of these guys," Cooper head coach John Windham said of his players. "Two (district titles) in a row is something special for these (16) seniors."

Ranger Mom
10-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Da Mules
Pretty rude, but true nonetheless BOB.

I did a search of old "BOB" here.....4 out of his whopping 5 posts are nothing but a bunch of rude drivel!:rolleyes:

football4life
10-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I did a search of old "BOB" here.....4 out of his whopping 5 posts are nothing but a bunch of rude drivel!:rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised??:rolleyes:

Da Mules
10-22-2005, 01:45 PM
Well, we wanted some Lubbock Cooper posters so now we got em. They just need to learn this forum isn't like FridayNight Headbangers, now extinct, which was mostly kids talking trash to each other. Which is the major reason FridayNight Headbangers went extinct, but I digress. Most of the people on this forum fall more closely into the football mom and even ^cough^ 52-year old pops with kids in college ^cough,cough^ category.

So BOB, let's keep it positive, and talk football. Really would like your thoughts on Littlefield vs Levelland this Friday. That game obviously has some importance to you Cooper people, as in going D1 vs D2 (i.e., you line up against Canyon again instead of against Borger; no disrespect intended to Borger.) You've played em both; who do ya pick?

send 'em all
10-22-2005, 04:31 PM
I'm a Cooper person. I can't see Levelland beating Littlefield. We have no preference as to who we play in the playoffs.