PDA

View Full Version : BH 20 Splendora 14

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Not the greatest game but a win is a win. I have to give it to Splendora they have a great D , the best that BH has faced all year. Splendora completly squashed all of our run plays which made us go to the air. If Splendora could have found some offense this year they would have been wuit a team. I heard that Liberty was losing to Cleveland 27 -14 in the fourth.

Paratrooper
10-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Not the greatest game but a win is a win. I have to give it to Splendora they have a great D , the best that BH has faced all year. Splendora completly squashed all of our run plays which made us go to the air. If Splendora could have found some offense this year they would have been wuit a team. I heard that Liberty was losing to Cleveland 27 -14 in the fourth.

wow, rbarker, I have to say I was surprised by how close the game was. However, your right a W is a W, no matter how you slice it. I am a firm believer anyone (that includes even WOS....funnin) can have an off night. It actually may have strengthed the Hill to see their own weaknesses before the real season starts in the playoffs. When I saw the Hill was down I started looking up the Splendora team. When I saw they were 2-5 I was really surprised. However, congrats on you guys winning.

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
wow, rbarker, I have to say I was surprised by how close the game was. However, your right a W is a W, no matter how you slice it. I am a firm believer anyone (that includes even WOS....funnin) can have an off night. It actually may have strengthed the Hill to see their own weaknesses before the real season starts in the playoffs. When I saw the Hill was down I started looking up the Splendora team. When I saw they were 2-5 I was really surprised. However, congrats on you guys winning.

Yes they are 2-5 ,but they haven't lost by much. the lost to Huffman 24-20 then Liberty 14-7. In fact their last four loses have came by 7 or less points. Spledora has the best D numbers in our distict and I saw why tonight. There D block two of our punts one of the for seven. I was really impressed by Splendora tonight.

pantherpop
10-21-2005, 10:43 PM
I'm not really suprised by this score. Splendora does have a good defense and I think this should be a real eye opener for the Barbers Hill squad.

Old Cardinal
10-21-2005, 10:44 PM
Congrats on the win BH! Splendora has great Coaching that gets out all that the talent base has to offer. Reese Briggs was instrument in turning that program around. They just don't have a star or two to make the program win against the good teams in your area.

To RBARKER, remember early in the season when we were saying that Cleveland would be a playoff team if they kept improving and got some discipline and folks made fun of us.
That is one capable Head Coach down there working with the Indians....

shellman54
10-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Splendora had a stout defense, and outplayed us on special teams. Turnovers killed them again, throwing an int deep in BH territory, and fumbling the ball with 30 seconds left. Was impressed with BH's passing game, went about 70 in two plays at the end of the first half to pull within 2 at the half. Good win, BH, and get ready for Tarkington next week!!!

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
Congrats on the win BH! Splendora has great Coaching that gets out all that the talent base has to offer. Reese Briggs was instrument in turning that program around. They just don't have a star or two to make the program win against the good teams in your area.

To RBARKER, remember early in the season when we were saying that Cleveland would be a playoff team if they kept improving and got some discipline and folks made fun of us.
That is one capable Head Coach down there working with the Indians....

For sure Old Card, Ive been hyping this indian team. They are really playing together. Cleveland never has a problem with finding atheletes just trying to get them to play as a team. Their new coach is turning thing around down there.

Necked
10-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Hows the new QB doing? What class is he in?

pantherpop
10-21-2005, 11:37 PM
The Eagles have the district title wrapped up now with games against Tarkington and Liberty left. Should be no problem going undefeated entering the playoffs. The real work will start then and it will be a question if Barbers Hill can get this new QB taking charge on the field. If he comes around I see no reason why the Hill can't go deep in the playoffs but if he doesn't it may be an early exit.

SintonFan
10-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Congrats BH! :clap: :clap:

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Hows the new QB doing? What class is he in?

He is doing well for being thrown in that postion. He is know stranger to field however. He has been playing on varsity since he was a Soph at the Corner position. Pat is a senior this year and is doing very well. He can't run the ball as well as Chris did but his field vision is pretty good. Two more games before the playoffs I have faith that he will take the Eagles far.

BH96
10-21-2005, 11:53 PM
This team faced a tuff D tonight. They will need to learn from this and focus on the next two weeks. And have every thing in place for the playoffs. How many turnovers did we have tonight?

RBARKER
10-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by BH96
This team faced a tuff D tonight. They will need to learn from this and focus on the next two weeks. And have every thing in place for the playoffs. How many turnovers did we have tonight?

We had no Fumbles but, I think 3 int's were thrown. I may have been 2. What was a surprise tonight is that the Refs called 4 pass interferance calls 3 went Splendora's way.

Paratrooper
10-22-2005, 11:05 AM
Yes they are 2-5 ,but they haven't lost by much. the lost to Huffman 24-20 then Liberty 14-7. In fact their last four loses have came by 7 or less points. Spledora has the best D numbers in our distict and I saw why tonight. There D block two of our punts one of the for seven. I was really impressed by Splendora tonight.

Its too bad that Splendora can't get their offense on track like their defense. It sounds like they could have made some noise if they were firing on all 8 cylinders with their offense

RBARKER
10-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
Its too bad that Splendora can't get their offense on track like their defense. It sounds like they could have made some noise if they were firing on all 8 cylinders with their offense

Your right it is a shame to have such a strong D and not even make it out of district.

Paratrooper
10-22-2005, 11:24 AM
Your right it is a shame to have such a strong D and not even make it out of district.

Your right. However, looking at it from the coaches end at least he is aware that defenses win championships, so it may turn around for them next year or the year after. He obviously stacks all his hausses on the defense and doesn't try to get into a shooting match on the score board.

Rainman
10-22-2005, 11:32 AM
Splendora is much improved and fought hard with a good D.
BH coaches were certainly off on play calling at very important points of the game which made Splendora's D look much better than they actually were.
For example, the play call on the 2 point conversion attempt was absolutely terrible and Don had a few words for his offensive coaches.
Special teams for Splendora were excellent, they definatley won that aspect of the game.

Old Cardinal
10-22-2005, 01:25 PM
I saw Splendora in a scrimmage with BC. That was early on and things change; but Splendora was a better ball club than LC-M and Kirbyville. They were about on par with Liberty early in the season.

3afan
10-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
...BH coaches were certainly off on play calling at very important points of the game which made Splendora's D look much better than they actually were....

maybe the Splendora D is better that people thought and thats why the plays the BH coaches called just didnt work!?!?! just a thought ...

HillBoy
10-22-2005, 03:11 PM
Bh just looked flat and uninspired in this game. They need to be excited and pumped up for every game not just the big ones. Splendora almost stold one from BH I just hope we aren't getting big headed already.

lhspanther
10-22-2005, 04:30 PM
splendora must be pretty good. I wouldn't say they have the district rapped up, but pretty close. The liberty game is always a tough one. Congrats to Barbers Hill though, they have played consistent all year and that gets you w's. I think cleveland might slip into the playoffs this year they have a strong team. This distict might get crazy toward the end. Congrats Barbers Hill