PDA

View Full Version : T E A M Astros

15portsfan
10-21-2005, 01:54 PM
To all that want to succeed in sports,read the first word. The Astros are where they are because of it. To win you must have everyone pulling for the same goal, the Astros have that, everyone wants a chance to play in the World Series. Last year it became obvious that Kent and Beltran wanted the money,they now have enough to buy some nice and expensive couches to watch the series in. The Astros did a great job of keeping the winners and losing the losers, Jeff Kent isnt half the ball player Craig Biggio is and Carlos Beltran cant hold a candle to the consistancy of Lance Berkman. The Mets payed 120 million for 8 post season home runs, problem is, they aint playing in the post season and just look what Berkman did for the Astros in the 2 series so for. Aaron Tippon once sang , You got to stand for something or youll fall for anything, well in my opinion, the Mets and Dodgers fell for ( show me the money ) and the Astros fell for 25 guys that formed argueably one of the greatest Astros TEAMS ever,at least one that has taken us fans to the promise land and for that we say HELL YEA WAY TO GO ASTROS.

Keith7
10-21-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm pretty sure the Astros offered Kent more money then the Dodgers did.. Kent just wanted to play were he grew up.. is that something to bash someone for??

AggieJohn
10-21-2005, 02:13 PM
yeah, kent is pulling a roger clemens and beltran, he did go for the money....the astros offered just a little below what the mets offered so if he wanted to stay he could of.......