PDA

View Full Version : Daugherty for Bridgeport

Matthew328
09-24-2002, 11:30 AM
is he questionable for this weeks game? Someone on another board said he sparianed his ankle against Boyd..(of course it was PPSTATEBOUND who is a bit odd) but is this true?? If so it would be a risk throwing him out against a speedy Gainesville squad..

MFin
09-24-2002, 02:42 PM
He hasn't practiced all week and we are not sure if he we will play.

BullsFan
09-24-2002, 06:52 PM
Argh, argh, and double argh. If he doesn't play, it's going to be one heckuva loss to the Bridgeport lineup. But I think I'd rather hold him out instead of chance making his injury worse and possibly hurting our postseason chances.

Darn it. I knew this would happen when we played Boyd. I hate playing Boyd.

crazy3afan
09-24-2002, 06:57 PM
if daugherty doesn't practice all week and suddenly feels heeled for game time how will his preformance be

PPHSfan
09-24-2002, 07:20 PM
I think if Phillip is healthy and ready to play, all he needs is a thirty minute warm up and he is up to speed.

TwoBRockin
09-24-2002, 07:33 PM
Gainsville football can only wish PD was out, but guess what..... He'll be playing friday.......

BullsFan
09-24-2002, 09:34 PM
TwoBRockin, are you sure? I'm hoping with every fiber of my being that you're right...

TwoBRockin
09-24-2002, 09:36 PM
Made a phone call - to get the answer..

The answer was he will play - I think someone is just wishing that he won't play... But one of the important D players is sick. And not feeling good at all.

Keith7
09-24-2002, 09:38 PM
Which Defensive player is sick?

BullsFan
09-24-2002, 09:50 PM
There's some kind of stomach bug going around many of the Bridgeport campuses. We had kids dropping like flies today. I hope it doesn't hit the team hard between now and Friday.

The One
09-24-2002, 09:58 PM
The same D player was also sick against Boyd and I could'nt tell it! Hope he is not worse.

slpybear the bullfan
09-24-2002, 10:13 PM
Heh, Heh, good ole Coach Fair always told us that we played better when we were a little sick.

But....

the vomiting sure made it hard run on the field in places.

LOL

slpybear

G'ville-PL
09-24-2002, 10:25 PM
Gainesville isn't scared of Daugherty. I don't play but I promise everyone of our D-Line and linebackers want to sack him and Krebs better get ready, because our DB's and safetys are ready for him. So don't say Gainesville wishes he wasn't playin, cuz I hope he does.

G'ville-PL
09-24-2002, 10:26 PM
Gainesville isn't scared of Daugherty. I don't play but I promise everyone of our D-Line and linebackers want to sack him and Krebs better get ready, because our DB's and safetys are ready for him. So don't say Gainesville wishes he wasn't playin, cuz I hope he does.

The One
09-25-2002, 10:25 PM
Daughtery actually practiced for the first time today. He will play on Friday and will wear a brace on his ankle.

BportFan
09-25-2002, 11:16 PM
The big question - Will Daugherty be mobile enough with a brace on his foot?

The One
09-25-2002, 11:19 PM
I definatley think that will be an issue, do you think we will see him running the QB draw like he has been?

slpybear the bullfan
09-25-2002, 11:29 PM
I imagine if PD sees that "hole" he gets every once in a while, he is off to the races.

I don't see him running at anything other than fullout. (Unless he is on a sideline, *grin*)

slpybear

The One
09-25-2002, 11:33 PM
I take it that was a typo and you meant rollout. I hope he can do that okay because that is a big part of our game.

this is the way we ball
09-26-2002, 10:00 AM
Sounds to me like if Bridgeport losses they are going to start making excuses.... Every team has players that play with injuries... Don't start making excuses for what's going to happen Friday night. First it was the QB's ankle now a Defensive player is sick..Come on it's Football.

BullsFan
09-26-2002, 03:29 PM
I don't think any of us were making excuses. I do think it's perfectly acceptable for us to have concerns about the health of any and all of our players.

FYI, just because someone doesn't come on here and talk trash doesn't mean they don't have every confidence that their team will win. Some of us just prefer to say it on the field. (Or let our team speak for itself, but you know what I mean.)

The One
09-26-2002, 04:09 PM
Hey Ball boy like I said in a previous post, this game against Gainesville means absolutley nothing. That being said we are not going to chance our entire season for a meaningless game. If Daughtery plays tomorrow then that means he is 100%. If we get beat then thats that. We dont make excuses, we dont have to. I hope with all the trash talking Gainsville has done on here this week, they wont make any excuses either after Friday night.

this is the way we ball
09-27-2002, 09:14 AM
Great point One.. I like the way you think.. Here's a thought, don't play the game. Cancel it so none of your players take a chance of getting hurt. Like you said the game is meaningless.

slpybear the bullfan
09-27-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by this is the way we ball:
Great point One.. I like the way you think.. Here's a thought, don't play the game. Cancel it so none of your players take a chance of getting hurt. Like you said the game is meaningless.

Bad point Ball... I don't like the way you taunt... geez.

No one from Bridgeport will be whining about what should have happened. If we don't win, we don't win. To be considered one of the top teams, you have to be prepared to have a player go down. Coaches always play these what if games. We are subject to the same laws of physics as everyone else.

What One was saying is that in regards to the Big Goal, this game has no meaning. If PD's long term playability gets jeopardized, we would just as soon have the coach pull him immediately, regadless of how that impacts the game.

Tonight is going to be an incredible pre-district matchup... but it is not the 3A DivII title game.

Run the race and keep your eye focused on the prize.

...and beat the Egrets!

slpybear