PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale JH - The Streak Continues...

Dogman
10-21-2005, 11:57 AM
The 8th grade Tigers outscored a previously unbeaten Smithville team 14-0 at home Thursday night. The win moves the Tigers to a 6-0 record on the year and 13-0-1 overall. The win was the 2nd win in a row over a previously unbeaten team.

The 7th Tigers won their game 28-0 last night at home.

Great job Tigers and keep up the good work.

The Streak Continues............

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2005, 12:22 PM
Congrats!

Johnny Utah
10-21-2005, 01:57 PM
Looks as if the glory days of 76 could return soon!!!

Dogman
10-21-2005, 05:49 PM
The folks around town are a buzz about them. But the 9th grade Tigers are a very good group and with that class and the fact that the Varsity has about 6-7 Sophmores getting alot of playing time this could be the start of a big upswing. Just remember this was all started by the leadership and work ethic of the older guys in high school right now and last years class.

I talked to a coach at a football camp over the summer and he told me in 3A football it takes about 5-7 real good football players in each class (seniors, juniors, and on down) to have a successful program. He said that you can have those flash teams with a heavy class but usually you have several down years between. After hearing that I think he is correct. You look at the sucessful programs and they have underclassman step up and support the seniors every year and that builds tradition and sets up the mindset that after these seniors graduate then we can still get the job done. Just my thoughts....

The Streak Continues..........