PDA

View Full Version : Combination Poll

Rainman
10-20-2005, 11:15 PM
After much work I have combined 8 state polls into won.
AP High School Poll
TexasFootball.com
TexasPrepXtra.com
3A Harris Poll Ratings
3A Down Low
TexasFootballRatings.com
Massey Ratings
TexasHSFootball.com
I looked at teams that made all 8, then 7 of 8, and so on until I reached 4 of 8 which gave me tweenty exactly. Those on 7 of 8 didn't pass those who had all 8, because had the school been ranked it would have lowered there average, which was used to rank schools that were on the same number of polls.
These are not my opinions but the best way I found to compile a number of polls.

1.West Orange - Stark
2.Cuero
3.Gainesville
4.Abilene Wylie
5.Wimberley
6.Cameron Yoe
7.Sweetwater
8.Bellville
9.Tatum
10.Marlin
11.Sinton
12.Barbers Hill
13.Snyder
14.Giddings
15.West Columbia
16.Liberty Hill
17.Palestine
18.Bridge City
19.Gilmer
20.Tex. Liberty - Eylau

GWOOD
10-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Nice, Rainman. Who are the teams that were on all 8?

Rainman
10-20-2005, 11:29 PM
Teams 1-8 on all 8
Teams 9-10 on 7
Teams 11-16 on 6
Team 17 on 5
Teams 18-20 on 4

Old Cardinal
10-20-2005, 11:44 PM
LOL I really get a charge out of the Massey Ratings which is generated via computer at the national level on all sports and States---Guess what folks-- On the National TX 3A Poll Bridge City is #1 in 3A LOL and Gainesville is #2--LOL of course everyone knows BC could beat Gainesville-- Right? LOL
These DFW Texas Poll People could learn a lot by looking at a computer generated National poll for 3A Texas football:D

Well WO-S folks, we in District 24-3A have TWO teams that are rated #1 in 3A by different Polls. Maybe this game coming up should be considered the game of the year in 3A Texas football. LOL.

HighSchool Fan
10-21-2005, 06:03 AM
old card, it's good to see that you're still jealous of the DFW area football teams.

Old Cardinal
10-21-2005, 07:46 AM
I am not jealous at all. I just think your Greater DFW generated "Polls" are manulative, bias, prejudice and downright inaccurate LOL; that's all:D
You sit in the middle of Gainesville(in Collinsville) with Gainesville having a population nearly four times the population of most 3As. You play all the games of manipulation--now don't you think some Ole Timer somewhere is going to give you a hard time. :thinking:
I rolled when I saw a National Computer generated respected Poll put little ole 750 enrollment-School District of 8500 ahead of all your history of manipulation!
I think the Nationally generatedMassey Poll is the one folks ought to look at as the unbiased standard.:kiss:

HighSchool Fan
10-21-2005, 07:48 AM
i guess people who support teams that can't win the big one has all kinds of excuses. i would think some ole timer would be able to get over the jealousy factor, but i guess i'm wrong about that.

WOS1
10-21-2005, 07:56 AM
Where can this poll be found, on-line?

Ranger Mom
10-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Rainman
After much work I have combined 8 state polls into won.

Copy Cat!!!:p

LH Panther Mom
10-21-2005, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Copy Cat!!!:p

Now, what are you going to do today? Work? :eek: :eek: ;)

Ranger Mom
10-21-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Now, what are you going to do today? Work? :eek: :eek: ;)

No joke...I had my morning all planned out!!:rolleyes:

I will think of something though...you know me better than that!!:D

Old Cardinal
10-21-2005, 10:32 AM
By the way, I don't personally think BC is #1 across Texas in 3A at this time. As much as I hate to say it, I think WO-S is the best team at this point. BC is still training athletes that have previously specialized in other sports at present--they definately do have that potential possibility.
I think maybe after WO-S, it's kind of a tossup between Barbers Hill, Sinton, Bridge City, A. Wylie, Bellville, Cuero, & Wimberley, and possibly a couple of others. That will change as folks get key personnel hurt, or recovered, or mesh at teamwork. Who is best at any given moment is a dynamic thing NOT a static thing.

To the WOS poster--just go to Google and put in: Massey Ratings. It is a Nationally recognized long-standing rating system.

WOS92
10-21-2005, 10:52 AM
Who is best at any given moment is a dynamic thing NOT a static thing.

Sweet Lord in Heaven... We agree on something - the quote above, not the WO-S is best thing. I think we're Top 10, but I can think of two teams that would drop us for sure at this point. I'll keep them to myself :)

Rainman
10-21-2005, 10:53 AM
Copy Cat!!!
I was trying not to take an exam yesterday and yes I stole your thunder.

HillBoy
10-21-2005, 11:58 AM
This poll looks real good I like it.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2005, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Rainman
I was trying not to take an exam yesterday and yes I stole your thunder.

Yes you did :(

Oh well...on to the next storm!:D

Rainman
10-21-2005, 01:40 PM
Try and stay dry.

Ranger Mom
10-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Hehe...it's football season, I am ALWAYS prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws at me!

I'm sure your poll was more accurate than mine anyway, my "formula" was probably "If'ey" at best!:D

wos fan1
10-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
By the way, I don't personally think BC is #1 across Texas in 3A at this time. As much as I hate to say it, I think WO-S is the best team at this point. BC is still training athletes that have previously specialized in other sports at present--they definately do have that potential possibility.
I think maybe after WO-S, it's kind of a tossup between Barbers Hill, Sinton, Bridge City, A. Wylie, Bellville, Cuero, & Wimberley, and possibly a couple of others. That will change as folks get key personnel hurt, or recovered, or mesh at teamwork. Who is best at any given moment is a dynamic thing NOT a static thing.

To the WOS poster--just go to Google and put in: Massey Ratings. It is a Nationally recognized long-standing rating system.

Paratrooper
10-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Where can this poll be found, on-line?

http://www.mratings.com/rate.php?lg=hsf&sub=TX#3A