PDA

View Full Version : WOS and Bridge City both D1 and D2 champs?

Paratrooper
10-20-2005, 10:40 PM
With Bridge City and WOS both being very strong this year. Wouldn't that be something if they both ended up the D1 and D2 champs. It is somewhat of a longshot for both to come out on top, but it could happen. Does anyone know if it has ever been done?

Gobbla2001
10-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
With Bridge City and WOS both being very strong this year. Wouldn't that be something if they both ended up the D1 and D2 champs. It is somewhat of a longshot for both to come out on top, but it could happen. Does anyone know if it has ever been done?

Dunno about 3A, but it has been done in 5A and 4A... I know in 4A that both La Marque and Texas City won state in the same year... I believe 5A was Converse-Judson/SA Roosevelt... not too sure on the 5A though, but I know it was two SA 5A schools...

bulldogbark
10-20-2005, 10:43 PM
WO-S
Jasper

now that would seem more like it:)

Paratrooper
10-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by bulldogbark
WO-S
Jasper

now that would seem more like it:)

I am referring to WOS and BC being in the same district.

Old Cardinal
10-20-2005, 10:56 PM
That is an interesting post--the whole state will be watching the #1 or 2 team playing a team the DFW Poll Controllers choose to totally ignore and yet every poster and person who knows Gulf Coast football thinks will be a top-notched premium game!
BC, Bellville, Barbers Hill win fight hard for the Region III Division II spot and the winner will most probably emerge as the State Champ this year.

I think that Bandera and Burnet are the only ones from the same District to (almost) pull it off in 3A.

Gobbla2001
10-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal

I think that Bandera and Burnet are the only ones from the same District to pull it off in 3A.

Bandera and Burnet did not win State the same year... as a matter of fact, Burnet didn't win the State Championship (I cannot believe that I'm actually having to tell this to a verteran poster from this board)...

Paratrooper
10-20-2005, 11:02 PM
I think of any year that Bridge City and West Orange Stark could pull this off would be this year. They are both loaded.

Old Cardinal
10-20-2005, 11:05 PM
That is right Burnet did get beat...That was a few years ago and I don't try to remember what happens in Region IV that much anyway.
Do you guys have two strong teams(Div I & Div II) this year in the same District, in your opinion?
WOS is strong and BC is amazingly strong--there is a chance that they can pull it off representing 24-3A.

KL3
10-20-2005, 11:15 PM
Bellville will be going DI this year....

Old Cardinal
10-20-2005, 11:19 PM
That is interesting about Bellville. Boy I want to see the game between them and WOS.

spiveyrat
10-21-2005, 08:03 AM
I think WOS is a possibility. But even as strong as BC is this year, I don't think they can pull it off.

GUNHO
10-21-2005, 08:19 AM
Although BC has put up some good stats they really have not been tested as yet and want be until they play their last district game against WO-S.BC has a good ball club but just how good remains to be seen.To start thinking of a state championship at this point in time is a streatch IMO.It would be cool though.BC and WO-S both have a lot of football left to play and which ever team in 3A comes out on top will have eraned it.

ALLSPORTSGUY
10-21-2005, 09:16 AM
I think BC has a good team but I don't think they are a state contender at this point. I feel like once we play WO-S then we will have an accurate gauge for playoff success.

wos fan1
10-21-2005, 10:53 AM
If we can keep people healthy we have a shot this year. BC is very good this year and we play Saturday Nov. 5th at 2 p.m. We're at home and are loaded with speed. I have to say we win this one.

j_dog
10-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I think WOS is a possibility. But even as strong as BC is this year, I don't think they can pull it off.
Aw come on spiveyrat, BC did put it to highly regarded KV! :)

spiveyrat
10-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
Aw come on spiveyrat, BC did put it to highly regarded KV! :)

Highly regarded? By the kv boosters? ;) :D

setex
10-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Both teams are much better than last year. Looking at last years game stats shows many returning.

WEST ORANGE-STARK 27, BRIDGE CITY 21

WO-Stark 0 7 7 7 6 27
Bridge City 0 0 14 7 0 21

West Orange-Stark Bridge City

First Downs 15 10
Rushes - Yards 43 - 256 40 - 290
Comp-Att-Int 9 - 19 - 0 3 - 7 - 0
Passing yards 125 56
Punts-avg. 5 - 37.8 5 - 38.2
Fumbles-lost 0 - 0 2 - 2
Penalties-yards 6 - 40 2 - 20

Scoring Summary

WOS-Kenneth Beasley 46 run (Jeff Wheatley kick) 6:58, 2nd
WOS-Kenneth Beasley 4 run (Jeff Wheatley kick) 8:43, 3rd
BRC-Dale Armand 19 run (A.J. Hecker kick) 5:58, 3rd
BRC-Dale Armand 38 run (A.J. Hecker kick) 1:47, 3rd
WOS-Ryan Crouch 1 run (Jeff Wheatley kick) 9:47, 4th
BRC-John Dishon 6 run (A.J. Hecker kick) 6:27, 4th
WOS-Lekeith Ford 4 run , OT

Leading Rushers

BRC Dale Armand 16-117 , 2 TD
BRC John Dishon 19-101
WOS Earl Thomas 15-99
WOS Kenneth Beasley 10-98 , 2 TD

Leading Passers
BRC John Dishon 3-6-0, 56 Yards
WOS Ryan Crouch 9-18-0, 125 Yards

Leading Receivers
BRC Dale Armand 1-36
WOS Kenneth Beasley 2-42

j_dog
10-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Highly regarded? By the kv boosters? ;) :D
No, by OC himself! :cool:

Hindsight2020
10-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by setex
Both teams are much better than last year. Looking at last years game stats shows many returning.

wos has a ton more weapons on offense this year, they run somewhat of a different offense because they have a different type quarterback. also, from what i have seen, the defense has drastically improved from last year.

chaingang
10-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Come on guys! I have much respect for BC, but what makes this team so great? Because they are undefeated? Who have they played? BC cannot and will not be able to beat WOS. By saying what yall are saying, doesnt BC have to beat Cuero? Now before yall go ballistic. I DO believe BC will give us a great game. I DO NOT think it will be within 14 points though. Our defense is finally back and our Offense is much much more dynamic than last year!

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by chaingang
Come on guys! I have much respect for BC, but what makes this team so great? Because they are undefeated? Who have they played? BC cannot and will not be able to beat WOS. By saying what yall are saying, doesnt BC have to beat Cuero? Now before yall go ballistic. I DO believe BC will give us a great game. I DO NOT think it will be within 14 points though. Our defense is finally back and our Offense is much much more dynamic than last year!

Spoken like another true dillusional WOS fan!!!

And some of you WOS posters wonder why we don't give WOS any love. It's the "we are the best" post we have to indure. Of course this is chaingang, so I will try not to judge you community on the word of a deserter. (That boy jumped ship and went to another state). BC has a very good chance in this game. They gave WOS all they wanted last year. There will not be a blow out by either team in this contest. The one that hangs on to the ball will win the game.

Chain Sizzuks!!!!

Paratrooper
10-21-2005, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by RBARKER
Spoken like another true dillusional WOS fan!!!

And some of you WOS posters wonder why we don't give WOS any love. It's the "we are the best" post we have to indure. Of course this is chaingang, so I will try not to judge you community on the word of a deserter. (That boy jumped ship and went to another state). BC has a very good chance in this game. They gave WOS all they wanted last year. There will not be a blow out by either team in this contest. The one that hangs on to the ball will win the game.

Chain Sizzuks!!!!

I do agree RBARKER. WOS will be in the dog fight of their life against Bridge City. Of course, being realistic (unlike Chaingang) WOS should be the favorite. However, I think it is close enough that it will fall on who makes the one big mistake that throws it in the other teams favor. To me if anyone picks this game by more than 7 points either for or against they are being unrealistic.
However, just as I outlined in my opening statement, I know it is a long shot for both teams to be the D1 and D2 champs, but they are both strong and it is an outside possibility. I guess it has never been done at the 3A level by the responses.

RBARKER
10-21-2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Paratrooper
I do agree RBARKER. WOS will be in the dog fight of their life against Bridge City. Of course, being realistic (unlike Chaingang) WOS should be the favorite. However, I think it is close enough that it will fall on who makes the one big mistake that throws it in the other teams favor. To me if anyone picks this game by more than 7 points either for or against they are being unrealistic.
However, just as I outlined in my opening statement, I know it is a long shot for both teams to be the D1 and D2 champs, but they are both strong and it is an outside possibility. I guess it has never been done at the 3A level by the responses.

Agreed BC and WOS have just as good a chance as next team. I also WOS will be the favorite even if it was in BC. Should be a great game I will definatly attend this one. I'm a liitle bias having meet alot of the BC fans they have a great fan base. Good luck to both teams.

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-21-2005, 07:35 PM
Can a region 1 district not have two state champs? West Texas can represent too. How about Sweetwater/Snyder and Wylie?

wos fan1
10-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Hindsight2020
wos has a ton more weapons on offense this year, they run somewhat of a different offense because they have a different type quarterback. also, from what i have seen, the defense has drastically improved from last year. That's what i like about this year's team. We finally have a QB that can run and alot more weapons than last year. Our Defense last year was worse than i thought but is improving as the weeks go on. Under Coach Thompson (DC) it will get better or he'll find the right people to make it better.

Hupernikomen
10-22-2005, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal
BC, Bellville, Barbers Hill win fight hard for the Region III Division II spot and the winner will most probably emerge as the State Champ this year.

TTT

Someone needs to make a record of this prediction. A few notable teams that don't start with B's that were left of this vaunted list that no doubt was taking from the HIGHLY touted Massey/OC endorsed Poll.