PDA

View Full Version : The Astros may win the world series but...

Keith7
10-20-2005, 04:40 PM
They arn't even the best team in Texas...

The Rangers have the Silver boot!!

Ranger05
10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
the astros are a complete differnet team then they were when they played for the silver boot move it towards the end of the season and the rangers get swept

Ranger05
10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
well maybe not swept but the silver boot would belong to the astros

Keith7
10-20-2005, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Ranger05
the astros are a complete differnet team then they were when they played for the silver boot move it towards the end of the season and the rangers get swept

Yea and If, if's and but's
were candy and nuts,
we'd all have a a merry christmas

but guess what they arnt and the Rangers still have the boot!!! Go Texas Rangers!! THE best baseball team in Texas.

Ranger05
10-20-2005, 04:50 PM
yea they are the best team in texas, i bet there gonna love watching the world series from there couch. :)

Keith7
10-20-2005, 04:53 PM
yea they are the best team in texas, i bet there gonna love watching the world series from there couch.

You are right, it is probably alot more comfortable than the cold weather in chicago or the humidity in houston

Bullaholic
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
Keith, you're an arsonist---how much do you sit back and chuckle after a post like this? Wish the Rangers were where the 'Stros are, but I'm one proud Texan to have a Texas team finally in the Series.

Keith7
10-20-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Keith, you're an arsonist---how much do you sit back and chuckle after a post like this? Wish the Rangers were where the 'Stros are, but I'm one proud Texan to have a Texas team finally in the Series.

I just believe that the astros can't really feel like they are the world champions if they win the world series, if they arn't even the Texas champions

Ranger05
10-20-2005, 05:04 PM
1 the battle for the silver boot isnt as serious as the world series, the rangers would have a way better team if they would start going for starting pitching or pitching period. Because pitching and defense wins championships

Keith7
10-20-2005, 05:09 PM
1 the battle for the silver boot isnt as serious as the world series, the rangers would have a way better team if they would start going for starting pitching or pitching period. Because pitching and defense wins championships

Just wait til DVD (Tom Diamond, Edison Volquez, and John Danks) come up from Frisco this next year, plus Soriano is great trade bait for another pitcher..Next season is looking very promising!! 2006 THE YEAR OF THE RANGERS!!! and WE ARE KEEPING THE BOOT!!!!

GO RANGERS!!! Champions of TEXAS!!!!

Ranger05
10-20-2005, 05:14 PM
I hope they can turn things around next year i would love to one day see a Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers world series

Gobbla2001
10-20-2005, 05:16 PM
You know it's funny, Keith, you never talked of this Silver Boot crap until the Astros made the world series...

Fact: Astros are in the world series...

Fact: Astros are the first Texas team to ever make into the world series... If the Stros and Rangers were to play right now in one game, heck, it could be Backe vs. their stud and the Rangers could win, but in a SERIES that actually COUNTS for something besdies a colored boot? Wouldn't happen...

You can have your Silver Boot, cuz the Astros got the Golden Boot right now (I just created the Golden Boot, the one the Texas team that does the best when it MATTERS gets)...

God bless the Texas Rangers, I go for them if they're not playing the 'Stros... but they sure do have a huge idiot as a fan... I'll go ahead and give them the Blue Boot for that one....

Keith7
10-20-2005, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

You can have your Silver Boot, cuz the Astros got the Golden Boot right now (I just created the Golden Boot, the one the Texas team that does the best when it MATTERS gets)...

but they sure do have a huge idiot as a fan... I'll go ahead and give them the Blue Boot for that one....

Don't be mad that Houston couldn't win when it mattered!! They had a chance to be champions of Texas and they couldn't pull it off!! sorry lets all cry about it, the poor little Astros couldn't pull out a couple of extra wins to become the champs of Texas.. Deal with it people..

And thanks for the idiot comment, i'm glad to know so a Astro fan is jealous of the Ranger's championship!!

Ranger05
10-20-2005, 05:24 PM
I think ur just jealous that is y u brought this subject up the rangers can have the crappy little boot they can have it every year just as long as the astros go to the playoffs, thats what really matters not some stupid little boot

Keith7
10-20-2005, 05:26 PM
I think ur just jealous that is y u brought this subject up the rangers can have the crappy little boot they can have it every year just as long as the astros go to the playoffs, thats what really matters not some stupid little boot

Jealous? nah, I'm actually glad that the rangers are the BEST team in my favorite state!! until the Astros get that boot, they will only be the 2nd best team in Texas.. It's sad because they might end up being MLB champs, but they arn't TEXAS champs..

Ranger05
10-20-2005, 05:28 PM
believe what u want, but they arent even good enough to finish at .500

Hupernikomen
10-20-2005, 05:39 PM
I got tired of following the rangers after 14 years in a row of hot starts and pathethic finishes. Astros seem to do the opposite and are still play. Rangers are trying to shop Soriano so much it hurts. They have a sad excuse for a front office who can't field a pitching staff to save their lives. Oh, but they can hit homeruns..and lose 10-8.

Keith7
10-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
I got tired of following the rangers after 14 years in a row of hot starts and pathethic finishes. Astros seem to do the opposite and are still play. Rangers are trying to shop Soriano so much it hurts. They have a sad excuse for a front office who can't field a pitching staff to save their lives. Oh, but they can hit homeruns..and lose 10-8.

Dang all those bad things and they are still the champs of Texas?? wow they struggled with great adversity to pull that off this year.. That makes the astros look just that much worst.. Congrats on the playoff run, but you guys don't have the Boot!

Hupernikomen
10-20-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Dang all those bad things and they are still the champs of Texas?? wow they struggled with great adversity to pull that off this year.. That makes the astros look just that much worst.. Congrats on the playoff run, but you guys don't have the Boot!

No you guys got the Boot..we are still playing. I think the Rangers should hang a banner about Boot..it will be the only won they have since they have never cracked the post season that I can remember.

Maroon87
10-20-2005, 05:51 PM
We don't have the Boot, but that glass slipper fits mighty nice.:p

Keith7
10-20-2005, 05:52 PM
No you guys got the Boot..we are still playing. I think the Rangers should hang a banner about Boot..it will be the only won they have since they have never cracked the post season that I can remember.

except when they were AL West champs in 96,97,99

Keith7
10-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
We don't have the Boot, but that glass slipper fits mighty nice.:p

Oh brother, now the astros are into cross dressing!?!?:doh: :eek: :doh: :eek:

shellman54
10-20-2005, 05:58 PM
I guess that makes St Louis the Missouri champion and Atlanta the Georgia champion, huh?

Hupernikomen
10-20-2005, 06:03 PM
except when they were AL West champs in 96,97,99

Yeah I forgot about the Johnny Oates era. That was a first class manager and person. I remember that first time they made the playoffs with Rusty Green. He was my favorite Ranger probably of all time. Get some pitching and we might see a real "silver boot" series one of these days in Oct.

Keith7
10-20-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by shellman54
I guess that makes St Louis the Missouri champion and Atlanta the Georgia champion, huh?

Yes technically you could say that, St. Louis' only competition would be Kansas City, but they beat them in their series 2-1.. and Atlanta doesn't have any competition, so they win the state title by default..

I get the point you are trying to get across though, and those teams dont have a designated rival, or a series to determine who is the best team in the state like the Astros and Rangers do, so your examples don't really apply this thread..

Ranger Mom
10-20-2005, 06:28 PM
So this entire thread was about .... A BOOT??http://www.gcn.ie/newgcn/forum/smileys/sm/confused.gif

Keith7
10-20-2005, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So this entire thread was about .... A BOOT??http://www.gcn.ie/newgcn/forum/smileys/sm/confused.gif

Yep, a mystical Silver Boot that whichever team holds it shall be the Baseball Champions of Texas... Every summer Houston and Texas play for the boot, and Texas won a hard fought battle 4-2

Ranger Mom
10-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Yep, a mystical Silver Boot that whichever team holds it shall be the Baseball Champions of Texas... Every summer Houston and Texas play for the boot, and Texas won a hard fought battle 4-2

Oh.....okay!

Seeing as how I am not a huge baseball fan I had never heard of it before...I HAVE heard of the the World Series though!:D

Bandera YaYa
10-20-2005, 07:45 PM
Yep, a mystical Silver Boot that whichever team holds it shall be the Baseball Champions of Texas... Every summer Houston and Texas play for the boot, and Texas won a hard fought battle 4-2 I agree...the Rangers did get "da boot"!!!! Got booted clear outta the playoffs!!! ASTROS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN TEXAS AND THE US !!!! WIN FOR TEXAS, STROS!!!!!!

Keith, your jealousy is humbling........

Keith7
10-20-2005, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
ASTROS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN TEXAS AND THE US !!!!

correction, the Texas Rangers are the best team in texas, they won that honor when they won the silver boot series this summer..

Keith7
10-20-2005, 07:50 PM

Keith, your jealousy is humbling........

and jealousy?? nah.. i'm proud of the rangers for being the Champs of Texas.. I think you guys are the ones jealous, thats why this thread upsets you guys so bad

Ranger Mom
10-20-2005, 07:56 PM
and jealousy?? nah.. i'm proud of the rangers for being the Champs of Texas.. I think you guys are the ones jealous, thats why this thread upsets you guys so bad

I could really care less!!:D

Bandera YaYa
10-20-2005, 08:04 PM
and jealousy?? nah.. i'm proud of the rangers for being the Champs of Texas.. I think you guys are the ones jealous, thats why this thread upsets you guys so bad This has to be a joke, right??? Cuz I never thought of you as being so dense........ :thinking:

lostaussie
10-20-2005, 08:35 PM
They arn't even the best team in Texas...

The Rangers have the Silver boot!!

and.....and.........and, awylie lost three games last year.............................but they still got a ring!!!!!!!!!!

Bullaholic
10-20-2005, 08:43 PM
How about the Spurs vs Mavs and Cowboys vs Texans---Do these count too, Keith?

GWOOD
10-20-2005, 08:52 PM
Keith7 is a chain yanker and he is having much more fun with this than he deserves!

Bullaholic
10-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Keith7 is a chain yanker and he is having much more fun with this than he deserves!

Shhhhhh! The secret is to see that he gets plenty of chain.:D

GWOOD
10-20-2005, 09:23 PM

...to hang himself?

Bullaholic
10-20-2005, 09:27 PM
Ahhhhhhaaaaa..........

BrahmaDAD70
10-20-2005, 09:57 PM
Here is a deal you can keep the Silver boot and be the best team in Texas.

We will have to settle with being the best in the MLB.

Have mercy on us poor soles........

Oh what I would give to trade places with the rangers right now.

Instead of this cumbersome NL CHAMPIONSHIP trophy

Id love to snuggle up with that silver boot.....

DARN Stupid world Series

big daddy russ
10-20-2005, 10:05 PM
I love it. This is hilarious.

Gobbla2001
10-20-2005, 10:32 PM
I'm a tad too tired to read every reply that has been posted since my last visit... but I have two replies...

I change the Blue Boot to the GREEN Boot because Keith is obviously GREEN WITH ENVY...

Wasn't Keith the one crying about how he was leaving the downlow :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: ???? Maybe he was just looking for attention...

What's the phrase? INDIAN GIVER?

I thought I was blessed until he changed his mind...

Gobbla2001
10-20-2005, 10:40 PM
ASTROS WIN THE PENNANT, ASTROS WIN THE PENNANT....

KEITH WINS THE..... uhhhh... SORE LOSER'S PENNANT, KEITH WINS THE SORE LOSER'S PENNANT...

Sorry, aint no other way to slice this puppy... Heaven forbid Cuero sneaks into D1 and beats Gainesville (just a what if, not a serious thought)... no telling what kinda crap I'll be reading for a year...

pirate4state
10-20-2005, 11:00 PM
You'd think Keith was from Forney!!!! :p :D

Gobbla2001
10-20-2005, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You'd think Keith was from Forney!!!! :p :D

No way, I like Forney... can't be from there...

Keith7
10-20-2005, 11:32 PM
You guys are talking about how jealous, idiotic, stupid, and one guys is even so worked up that he wants me to leave for good.. looks like you guys are the jealous ones!!! Sorry i hurt everyone's feelings by simply stating the facts.. Every year the rangers and astros play for the silverboot, and to be able to call themselves the best team in texas.. This year, like last, just weren't Houston's years...

As a Rangers fan, I would like to congratulate the Astros for making the world series, and I will be rooting for them!! I would love to proudly say that the Astros are the MLB champs, but they still don't have the boot!!!! hahahaha

Texas Rangers Texas Champs!!!!

pirate4state
10-20-2005, 11:40 PM
You guys are talking about how jealous, idiotic, stupid, and one guys is even so worked up that he wants me to leave for good.. looks like you guys are the jealous ones!!! Sorry i hurt everyone's feelings by simply stating the facts.. Every year the rangers and astros play for the silverboot, and to be able to call themselves the best team in texas.. This year, like last, just weren't Houston's years...

As a Rangers fan, I would like to congratulate the Astros for making the world series, and I will be rooting for them!! I would love to proudly say that the Astros are the MLB champs, but they still don't have the boot!!!! hahahaha

Texas Rangers Texas Champs!!!!

http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/lisaann/hysterical.gif You gotta love it!!! :clap:

RMAC
10-21-2005, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by shellman54

No because you have to have at least 2 teams in a state to be the champs. I.E. Florida, Cali, NY, Ill, and I suppose you could count the Nat's and O's in the same state if you say D.C. is in Maryland.

jmcgee
10-21-2005, 04:10 AM
were candy and nuts,

but guess what they arnt and the Rangers still have the boot!!! Go Texas Rangers!! THE best baseball team in Texas.
Rangers suck butts

jmcgee
10-21-2005, 04:11 AM
I'm Sick of them choking all the time.

spiveyrat
10-21-2005, 07:55 AM

Wasn't Keith the one crying about how he was leaving the downlow :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: ???? Maybe he was just looking for attention...

I've been wondering the same thing... :thinking:

Keith7
10-21-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
I've been wondering the same thing... :thinking:

wow i feel so welcomed

Keith7
10-21-2005, 09:53 AM
Remember when Oklahoma lost the Big 12 championship a couple of years ago to Kansas State but still went to the National Championship??? Well when the BCS screwed up and put Oklahoma in the championship, I never heard one OU fan say "We are the Big 12 champs because we made the National Championship!! Kansas State sucks butts"

What do you guys not get??? Texas Rangers are the Champs of texas.. Deal with it!!

HighSchool Fan
10-21-2005, 10:03 AM
i think this is the funniest thread ever. awesome job keith.

BigTex
10-21-2005, 10:34 AM
Not that we ever doubted it, but this thread explains the missing cogs in Keiths reasoning in all of his posts. He is merely an agitator with no basis of logic. On the rare occasion he tries to make a serious point, his post is a mere sidenote dismissed as we do most posts from adolescents. He like his Rangers is sub .500 and in 9th place in the American League. At least he has the internet to keep him occupied...............

Now, back to the World Series !!!

Phil C
10-21-2005, 10:54 AM
I am with Keith on this one! I remember that even though UT won the College Baseball National Championship this year they still lost the Big 12 Championship and the Big 12 Championship Tournament. Just knowing this when they got that NC trophy I was so mad I was spitting out nails and snorting fire! :mad:

Bullaholic
10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by BigTex
Not that we ever doubted it, but this thread explains the missing cogs in Keiths reasoning in all of his posts. He is merely an agitator with no basis of logic. On the rare occasion he tries to make a serious point, his post is a mere sidenote dismissed as we do most posts from adolescents. He like his Rangers is sub .500 and in 9th place in the American League. At least he has the internet to keep him occupied...............

Now, back to the World Series !!!

Even worse, BigTex, Keith loves "left coast teams" and is a Philly fan. I think we ought to have him deported.

Mustang Fan
10-21-2005, 11:42 AM
who cares what keith says??? Do you think the astros were sitting on the plane this morning on the way to Chicago upset because they didn't have a boot?? Don't think so.

Bearkat
10-21-2005, 11:47 AM
I would like to congratulate Keith and the rest of you, that replied, on the all-time greatest post ever. I could feel the tension and anger growing in every astro fan. Keith, that was wonderful. I smiled, and laughed out loud, throughout the entire thing. Please do this again!! The astros are in the World Series, congrats to them, but the RANGERS HAVE THE BOOT!!

venomous tat2
10-21-2005, 12:14 PM
correction, the Texas Rangers are the best team in texas, they won that honor when they won the silver boot series this summer..

Why don't you get yourself a case of SILVER BULLETS for sat's
game and you can even drink it out of your precious SILVER BOOT
cause right the astros are wearing golden boots LOL!!:D :D :D

hookandladder
10-21-2005, 12:20 PM
I just believe that the astros can't really feel like they are the world champions if they win the world series, if they arn't even the Texas champions

That is really stupid, if you know anything about baseball it's all about how and when you peak. The Ranger's have not peak at the right time for quite some time. No pitching, will never win without it. Look at the Astro's best pitching staff around. Go Astro's.

Gobbla2001
10-21-2005, 12:29 PM
Didn't the Cardinals beat the Astros like 11 out of 15 or so times during the regular season?

So I guess the Astros aren't even the best in the NL???

Oh wait, the Astros just beat the Cards, WHEN IT MATTERED...

Keith7
10-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I am with Keith on this one! I remember that even though UT won the College Baseball National Championship this year they still lost the Big 12 Championship and the Big 12 Championship Tournament. Just knowing this when they got that NC trophy I was so mad I was spitting out nails and snorting fire! :mad:

Exactly Phil, this is the exact point I am trying to make.. And I think it is already getting to ALOT of Astros fans that they don't have the boot, just look at all the harsh replies!!

Listen Astros fans, I know losing the boot and the title of being the beat team in Texas really breaks yalls hearts, but you guys need to focus on other things, like that series you guys are in.. whats it called again?? oh well it doesn't matter that much anyways..
CUZ THE RANGERS HAVE THE BOOT!!!!

TEXAS RANGERS 2005 TEXAS CHAMPIONS

Keith7
10-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Didn't the Cardinals beat the Astros like 11 out of 15 or so times during the regular season?

Hmm.. NO!! dude, what do you not get, thos 15 games were not played to determine who was the best team in the National league... The Silverboot series is played to determine who is the best Baseball team in Texas.. Get it yet??

IHStangFan
10-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I just believe that the astros can't really feel like they are the world champions if they win the world series, if they arn't even the Texas champions :rolleyes:

what a buncha crap, LOL.

Gobbla2001
10-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Hmm.. NO!! dude, what do you not get, thos 15 games were not played to determine who was the best team in the National league... The Silverboot series is played to determine who is the best Baseball team in Texas.. Get it yet??

Uhm, no I do not get it...

When was this series played anyway? Was it a best of 5 or best of 7? Did the Astros have their playoff Roster? Did the Rangers have their playoff Roster?

This is why there are 5,563 games during a baseball season, to see who can make the correct adjustments or be consistant enough to make the playoffs and get to the World Series and hopefully win it...

Back then, when the Silverboot series was played, the Rangers may have been the better team, but as of right now they are the better fishing team...

IHStangFan
10-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Uhm, no I do not get it...

When was this series played anyway? Was it a best of 5 or best of 7? Did the Astros have their playoff Roster? Did the Rangers have their playoff Roster?

This is why there are 5,563 games during a baseball season, to see who can make the correct adjustments or be consistant enough to make the playoffs and get to the World Series and hopefully win it...

Back then, when the Silverboot series was played, the Rangers may have been the better team, but as of right now they are the better fishing team... :clap:

Keith7
10-21-2005, 12:50 PM
U

Back then, when the Silverboot series was played, the Rangers may have been the better team, but as of right now they are the better fishing team...

I see you must be a bandwagon Astros fan, because if you were a true Astros fan you would know about the Silverboot series, it was a 6 game series that they call the silverboot seires, this year it was played May 20-22 and June 24-26... And no they did not have their "playoff rosters" they had thier "silverboot series rosters"... THESE WERE NOT PLAYOFF GAMES, do u not get that either?? This was just a strait up championship for the boot/champion title of Texas.. Face it guys, you lost the boot and the title "The Champions of Texas"

Mustang Fan
10-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Congratulations to the rangers for being the best team in Texas in May and June. Now go ask all your buddies on the rangers team if they would trade the boot to be in the WORLD SERIES. You will get a unanimous YES. So you have fun with your "boot" and we'll just have to live with the National League Championship and possibly World Series Trophy!!!!!

GO STROS!!!!

pirate4state
10-21-2005, 01:06 PM
:1popcorn: this has been some great reading!! :thumbsup:

HighSchool Fan
10-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:1popcorn: this has been some great reading!! :thumbsup:

looks like keith got them all, hook, line and sinker :D

Bandera YaYa
10-21-2005, 01:11 PM
Exactly Phil, this is the exact point I am trying to make.. And I think it is already getting to ALOT of Astros fans that they don't have the boot, just look at all the harsh replies!!

Listen Astros fans, I know losing the boot and the title of being the beat team in Texas really breaks yalls hearts, but you guys need to focus on other things, like that series you guys are in.. whats it called again?? oh well it doesn't matter that much anyways..
CUZ THE RANGERS HAVE THE BOOT!!!!

TEXAS RANGERS 2005 TEXAS CHAMPIONS ha...you are killing me....hey I'm not mad at all....I never even heard of the boot before this thread.....in fact I am glad the Rangers have the boot...heck, they can have the "socks" too--after we get thru with them!!!! GO STROS GO !!!! :clap: :clap: :D

Hupernikomen
10-21-2005, 01:18 PM

After haven researched the Silverboot history I found out the particulars.

#1 It was create by the Texas GM for the morale of the Rangers on the occasion they win the boot. They and all their fans can claim greatness within the State of Texas as being the holders of the Silverboot..and therefore the greatest team in the State of Texas.

#2 It clearly states in the agreement that if either of the teams reach the World Series they are to be awarded the honorary position of Silverboot champion as demonstrated by their playoff prowess.

#3 Keith needs to go read the rules about the Silverboot next time before he comes on here bragging about the Rangers being the best team in Texas!!

Go Astros..Silverboot Champ per Rule 2.b and World Series Future Champ

Keith7
10-21-2005, 01:19 PM
After haven researched the Silverboot history I found out the particulars.

#1 It was create by the Texas GM for the morale of the Rangers on the occasion they win the boot. They and all their fans can claim greatness within the State of Texas as being the holders of the Silverboot..and therefore the greatest team in the State of Texas.

#2 It clearly states in the agreement that if either of the teams reach the World Series they are to be awarded the honorary position of Silverboot champion as demonstrated by their playoff prowess.

#3 Keith needs to go read the rules about the Silverboot next time before he comes on here bragging about the Rangers being the best team in Texas!!

Go Astros..Silverboot Champ per Rule 2.b and World Series Future Champ

These rules are made up, give me sources

Keith7
10-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Here is everything you need to know about the Silverboot series, and NOWHERE does it say that if a team goes to the world series that they get the boot

-------------------------

ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) -- Other than a mutual claim to Nolan Ryan, there's not much history and even less of a rivalry between the Houston Astros and Texas Rangers.

That will change starting Friday.

Texas' two major league teams will play games that count for the first time in their 30 overlapping seasons starting this weekend. They'll play Friday through Sunday at The Ballpark in Arlington, then three more next weekend at Enron Field.

"It's not going to be like the Subway Series or anything," said Astros second baseman Craig Biggio. "But it starts here. It just takes time. You've got to start somewhere."

With no crosstown connection like the Mets-Yankees and Cubs-White Sox, no postseason history like the Giants-Athletics and Cardinals-Royals and hardly any other ties to add intrigue or intensity, the stakes are being artificially raised.

The six-game stretch has been dubbed the "Lone Star Series" and the team that wins the most games will get a trophy called the "Silver Boot." If there's a split, the cut glass boot with silver highlights atop a crystal baseball will go to the team that scores the most runs.

A better promotional gimmick would've been to call this the Nolan Ryan Bowl.

Ryan is by far the best of the 35 players that have played for both teams, and his decision to wear a Texas hat on his Hall of Fame plaque is the closest there's been to a Rangers-Astros controversy -- and it wasn't much of one.

Although Ryan spent nine years in Houston and only five in Arlington, he was a Ranger when he reached the milestones that sealed his spot in baseball history -- his sixth and seventh no-hitters, 300th win and 5,000th strikeout.

It's also worth noting he left Houston under bad terms with the then-owner, although relations have since been repaired. He's now part-owner of the Astros' Class AA affiliate, the Round Rock Express. Both teams have retired No. 34 in his honor.

The next-most prominent player to have made the professional trek across Interstate 45 is Ken Caminiti, who signed with Texas this year after 10 seasons over two stints with the Astros.

Like Ryan, Caminiti made the move to remain close to his family. And, like most everyone on both teams, he doesn't believe there's any bad blood between the clubs.

"A rivalry won't happen until you get a World Series," he said. "How can we be rivals with them? I think there's a lot of Houston fans here and lot of Texas fans there. I mean, they're so close."

The natural rivalry between the cities of Houston and Dallas could prompt fans to spark some friction on the field.

pirate4state
10-21-2005, 01:27 PM

http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/hysterical.gif

big daddy russ
10-21-2005, 01:29 PM
...A better promotional gimmick would've been to call this the Nolan Ryan Bowl...
Pete Incaviglia Bowl would sound better.

Hupernikomen
10-21-2005, 02:16 PM

Who needs sources buddy...

Rule 2.b In the event a team makes the world series they are by default declared Silverboot champion.

Keith7
10-21-2005, 02:40 PM
Who needs sources buddy...

Rule 2.b In the event a team makes the world series they are by default declared Silverboot champion.

LOL, ok well if you can make rules I can too,

Rule 3.b Any team that makes the world series who's home city starts with a H shall have to forfieght any claims to a Silverboot

Hupernikomen
10-21-2005, 02:47 PM

Rule 3.b Any team that makes the world series who's home city starts with a H shall have to forfieght any claims to a Silverboot

Rule 3.b is in abritration right now and 3.b.1 has been adopted until 3.b can be peacefully settled.

Hupernikomen
10-21-2005, 02:47 PM

3.b.1 unless their Mascot is the Astros.

Keith7
10-21-2005, 02:59 PM
3.b.1 unless their Mascot is the Astros.

Thats fine, I guess if making up rules helps you cope with this great loss, I'm a proud supporter

chaingang
10-21-2005, 03:02 PM

Hey hey hey, you say my name three times and Ill come in and wipe all yall out.:D

RBARKER is hooked on phonics:D

ej2525
10-21-2005, 03:06 PM
were candy and nuts,

You can have a boot... I'll take a pennant any day!!!

bd62
10-21-2005, 05:16 PM
keith is a sick-o. he loves to start something then set back and enjoy. enjoy that silver boot while we enjoy the w.s.

BrahmaDAD70
10-21-2005, 06:51 PM
It needs to be changed from Silver boot to brown boot

cause Kieth really is stinkin up the place with all his crap.

PS

Arlington lover stop gravy training off Dallas & Ft Worth

Mix in a real city not a suburb.

Thanks to the Astros you now have more fame.

Oldest team not to be in the world series.

Congrats

Myopic warrior

HighSchool Fan
10-21-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by bd62
keith is a sick-o. he loves to start something then set back and enjoy. enjoy that silver boot while we enjoy the w.s.

and guys like you make it even more funny because you respond to it. keith is like all of yall's puppet master.

BrahmaDAD70
10-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Naw this just gives me the forum to sling some mud.

I LOVE IT

Keep it coming.

Houston Astros
NL Champions
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Hooooooooooooooo

:clap:

JasperDog94
10-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Jealous? nah, I'm actually glad that the rangers are the BEST team in my favorite state!! But I thought you sais that Texas teams were overrated.:confused: Oh wait, nevermind. That was college football.

Please continue....:D

Gobbla2001
10-22-2005, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
and guys like you make it even more funny because you respond to it. keith is like all of yall's puppet master.

But he keeps replying as well (blindly I might add)... So maybe the Astros along with their fans are HIS puppet-masters... because if it were not for the 'Stros making the world series, and his knowledge of 'Stros fans posting on the downlow, this thread would have never been started...

HighSchool Fan
10-22-2005, 06:08 AM
But he keeps replying as well (blindly I might add)... So maybe the Astros along with their fans are HIS puppet-masters... because if it were not for the 'Stros making the world series, and his knowledge of 'Stros fans posting on the downlow, this thread would have never been started...

i think he posted it just to get a rise out of some people. along with doing that, we found out how whinny some stros fans really are.

Leopards,class of 75
10-22-2005, 07:50 AM
i think he posted it just to get a rise out of some people. along with doing that, we found out how whinny some stros fans really are. Good point!!!

JasperDog94
10-22-2005, 12:36 PM
i think he posted it just to get a rise out of some people. along with doing that, we found out how whinny some stros fans really are. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bandera YaYa
10-22-2005, 12:47 PM
i think he posted it just to get a rise out of some people. along with doing that, we found out how whinny some stros fans really are. I'm not whinny!!.........he's the one who brought up the whole silly "boot" thing.......why even bring it up?? Fact remains, the Astros are playing in the World Series today and the Rangers are not. Astros fans certainly do not have anything to whine about, now do they........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HighSchool Fan
10-22-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm not whinny!!.........he's the one who brought up the whole silly "boot" thing.......why even bring it up?? Fact remains, the Astros are playing in the World Series today and the Rangers are not. Astros fans certainly do not have anything to whine about, now do they........ :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i wouldn't think they would, but i guess i'm wrong about that :D

JasperDog94
10-22-2005, 12:50 PM
The only thing the Rangers have to whine about right now is the slice in their golf swing.:p :p

HighSchool Fan
10-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The only thing the Rangers have to whine about right now is the slice in their golf swing.:p :p

i don't think you see any rangers fans whinning here, it's pretty much the stros fans.

Keith7
10-22-2005, 12:54 PM
I still don't even know why Astros fans are so upset!?!? its crazy... There is 1 boot, 1 champion and they play a 6 game series for it, the NL champion Astros couldn't pull out a win when it mattered, and the Rangers won it... Thats the end.. Rangers are champs

Gobbla2001
10-22-2005, 01:20 PM
I still don't even know why Astros fans are so upset!?!? its crazy... There is 1 boot, 1 champion and they play a 6 game series for it, the NL champion Astros couldn't pull out a win when it mattered, and the Rangers won it... Thats the end.. Rangers are champs

Okay, Rangers are the champs, they won the silver boot, that's awesome... they're the silver boot champions, but not the best team in Texas...

BTW, just heard that Rogers landed a 5 pound bass yesterday morning... Friend went to a take a picture of it and Rogers pushed him off the boat...

Don't mess with Texas...

Keith7
10-22-2005, 01:32 PM

BTW, just heard that Rogers landed a 5 pound bass yesterday morning... Friend went to a take a picture of it and Rogers pushed him off the boat...

see you arn't even a baseball fan, you just jumped on the bandwagon come playoff time.. If you were a true baseball fan, you would know the rangers let Rogers go as soon as the season was over.. So whatever Rogers does while he is a free agent doesn't pertain to the rangers

SintonFan_inAustin
10-22-2005, 07:35 PM
I was there when the rangers won the silver boot on a saturday in Houston and the rangers flex there muscles and hit 5 homeruns. And the icing on the cake was.........The rangers wives beat the astros wives for there trophies and yes they did take pictures of the Texas Champs. Texas Championship is played in June not in October so Astros show up for it next time:D Now go win the World Series good luck

Raider Nurse
10-22-2005, 08:58 PM
Go Astros!!!!!!!!! Win the world series!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

Gobbla2001
10-22-2005, 11:28 PM
see you arn't even a baseball fan, you just jumped on the bandwagon come playoff time..

Stros fan since I was 8, became fond of them at 5 after my grandfather told me that the 'Stros were closer to Cuero than the Cubs were... Serious 'Stros since I was 8 and my step-father started taking me to the games...

As I've said once, you wouldn't have brough this Silver Boot up had the 'Stros not won the pennant... you're the one who's coming out of the woodwork...

Go Astros... down 0-1 but you were down the same the last series that counted as well...

Gobbla2001
10-22-2005, 11:34 PM
BTW:

"Wahhh I'm leaving this board wahhhh :crying: :crying: :foul: :crying: :crying: wahhhhhh" -Keith7

SintonFan
10-22-2005, 11:39 PM
see you arn't even a baseball fan, you just jumped on the bandwagon come playoff time.. If you were a true baseball fan, you would know the rangers let Rogers go as soon as the season was over.. So whatever Rogers does while he is a free agent doesn't pertain to the rangers
Keith, this is insane. Just be happy for the Astros.:) This coming from a Rangers fan and yes I am rooting for the Astros. They are representing ALL OF TEXAS whether you want them to or not.:hand:

Keith7
10-23-2005, 02:17 AM
Stros fan since I was 8, became fond of them at 5 after my grandfather told me that the 'Stros were closer to Cuero than the Cubs were... Serious 'Stros since I was 8 and my step-father started taking me to the games...

As I've said once, you wouldn't have brough this Silver Boot up had the 'Stros not won the pennant... you're the one who's coming out of the woodwork...

Go Astros... down 0-1 but you were down the same the last series that counted as well...

Whats funny is how bad you got caught up in this big joke.. You made yourself look like a total immature fool.. Your so called Favorite team is in the world series and all you can worry about is a silver boot that literally doesn't mean crap... Every post that i read of yours I just sat back and literally laughed out loud because how rediculous you sounded.. you can call me all the names you want but it really isn't making you look any better...

You keep calling me an idiot and a baby, but you are the one who can't win a rediculous arguement, and you are the one who had to call people names just to make your self semi-think you are right...

You guys really should be proud of the Astros though, they are a good team and made one hell of a comeback this season.. Although they are the Ranger's geographical rival, I will still be sub-consciously rooting for them.. Sorry if I sent anybody into severe depression over this..

Anyways, good luck to the Astros in the world series, but remember whatever happens...

THE RANGERS GOT THE BOOT!!!!!! TEXAS CHAMPS!!

HighSchool Fan
10-23-2005, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
They are representing ALL OF TEXAS whether you want them to or not.:hand:

that's a matter of opinion.

Gobbla2001
10-23-2005, 09:44 AM
a silver boot that literally doesn't mean crap...

I think you just won this arguement for me... this is what I've been saying the whole time...

Are you admitting I was right, or are you just contradicting yourself, making it seem as if YOU came up with the idea of the boot being worthless???

Keith7
10-23-2005, 11:29 AM
I think you just won this arguement for me... this is what I've been saying the whole time...

Are you admitting I was right, or are you just contradicting yourself, making it seem as if YOU came up with the idea of the boot being worthless??? '

No i'm not admitting you are right.. Just admitting that I made this thread to get a reaction out of Astros fans.. You really need to take some reading classes or something because by your quotes, I see that you read my posts, but by your replys I see that you cannot grasp what I try to say

Necked
10-23-2005, 11:36 AM
Are you admitting I was right, or are you just contradicting yourself, making it seem as if YOU came up with the idea of the boot being worthless???

I wouldn't say it was worthless, as it IS silver. You could melt it down and make a couple of nice belt buckles out of it....

Gobbla2001
10-23-2005, 11:36 AM
but by your replys I see that you cannot grasp what I try to say

Obviously I cannot...

I remember this thread:

8-25-05:

This is my last post on the Downlow..

It is too closely related to Texasprepxtra now..

Once Matthew328 started making fun of his own posters, i've figured out that the downlow has switched to the dark side...

later

I did read it, really did... but I must have been unable to grasp what you were trying to say, because obviously you're still here...

Gobbla2001
10-23-2005, 11:39 AM
'

You really need to take some reading classes or something

You said:

were candy and nuts,

What in the hell else was I supposed to take out of that???

Gobbla2001
10-23-2005, 11:49 AM
You know just screw it...

We agree on things and we disagree on things... no need staying wrapped up in this subject for weeks... gunna hopefully be my last post on this thread...

If I overreacted I appoligze, just didn't see this thread meaning anything else... my bad then...

I stand by my beliefs still, just not gunna get caught up in internet drama, got enough outside the monitor...

Keith7
10-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Obviously I cannot...

I remember this thread:

8-25-05:

This is my last post on the Downlow..

I did read it, really did... but I must have been unable to grasp what you were trying to say, because obviously you're still here...

why do u keep bringing this up?? This has nothing to do with the boot..

Keith7
10-23-2005, 01:26 PM
You said:

were candy and nuts,

What in the hell else was I supposed to take out of that???

THAT THIS THREAD WAS A JOKE!! 90% of the people who read this thread knew it was just by common sense... Read my last 4 replies, I think almost all of them say that this was a joke and that I am sorry so many people took it so seriously..

LH Panther Mom
10-23-2005, 01:41 PM
The natural rivalry between the cities of Houston and Dallas could prompt fans to spark some friction on the field.

Or the Downlow. :D

BTW Keith, I got it the whole time. I must say I've laughed over this thread for a couple of days now. :thumbsup:

park place 45
10-26-2005, 01:04 PM
if the rangers are so great why are the astros in the playoffs and the rangers aren't????

Keith7
10-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by park place 45
if the rangers are so great why are the astros in the playoffs and the rangers aren't????

because the Astros did well over the course of the season.. that has nothing to do with the silver boot