PDA

View Full Version : Time to chop some firewood!!

IHStangFan
10-20-2005, 10:48 AM
The weather out here in southern AZ has been AMAZING the last few weeks.....40s at night, 70s in the day. when i woke up this morning it was 38 degrees.....thats the third time we've dipped into the 30s in the last two weeks....time to start cutting wood for the fireplace!

what kinda temps have you guys been having back in Texas in your area??

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2005, 10:56 AM
:mad: grrrrr.......

not that cool here obviously...mid to upper 80's during the day and 70ish in the evenings. Hopefully cooler over the weekend...I am ready to light the firepit in the backyard! My girls love to make smores AND a huge mess!;)

IHStangFan
10-20-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
:mad: grrrrr.......

not that cool here obviously...mid to upper 80's during the day and 70ish in the evenings. Hopefully cooler over the weekend...I am ready to light the firepit in the backyard! My girls love to make smores AND a huge mess!;) hehehe, yup, i here ya there!! i found a fire pit/ marble table at Home Depot the other day...SERIOUSLY considering picking it up this weekend. really neat, the firepit was built into the middle of the table. I guess you're the only one that has weather APPF, this has been viewed several times and nobody has replied...which leaves me to believe they have no weather to report :D

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2005, 11:02 AM
I saw that table on the food network channel! Really neat!:thumbsup:

BigTex
10-20-2005, 11:27 AM
If you are needing firewood, come to Southeast Texas. Rita gave us tons of it. Free to anyone who will haul it off!:D I won't be buying firewood for the next 10 years!.........

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by BigTex
If you are needing firewood, come to Southeast Texas. Rita gave us tons of it. Free to anyone who will haul it off!:D I won't be buying firewood for the next 10 years!.........

Trust me, if gasoline wasn't so darn high, I would probably take you up on this offer!:D

All Rita and Katrina gave us is a bunch of waste washing up on the beaches .... barrels of "stuff" I guess from the offshore rigs.....

IHStangFan
10-20-2005, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by BigTex
If you are needing firewood, come to Southeast Texas. Rita gave us tons of it. Free to anyone who will haul it off!:D I won't be buying firewood for the next 10 years!......... hell, i would if i could!! was thinking of going to the parents house for xmas in Sugarland, but not sure, too many factors to say for certain at this point.

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
parents house for xmas in Sugarland

Since when....I thought they lived in Ingleside.:thinking:

IHStangFan
10-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Since when....I thought they lived in Ingleside.:thinking: They sold their house about 2 weeks ago, closed on their new one a few days ago, and start moving in this weekend i believe. dad has been living and working in Houston for awhile now. Mom would either go up, or he would come home on the weekends....but w/ the eventual base closure and whatnot, mom figured it was as good as time as any to go ahead and sell the house and move to Houston (Sugarland) Dad was living in Cinco Ranch (Katy) for awhile....very nice area.

heres the one i want :)
Fire Pit Table (http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS/EN_US/diy_main/pg_diy.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1289659394.1129826948@ @@@&BV_EngineID=ccchaddfmldekkhcgelceffdfgidgmn.0&CNTTYPE=PROD_META&CNTKEY=Super%20Categories/Outdoor%20Living&MID=9876&pos=p06)

edited to say: crap, it didnt link straight to the table..but in outdoor living, under patio firepits, etc. the table w/ the pit in the middle :)

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2005, 12:08 PM
Hope their move goes smoothly and yes, you definitely "need" the firepit table!;)

IHStangFan
10-20-2005, 12:13 PM
youre dang right i need it!! i am outside WAY more than i'm inside! and its gettin COLD at night here already!

Bullaholic
10-20-2005, 01:35 PM
IHStang, the only reason we would need to chop firewood in North Texas right now is to fuel the fires for the steam boilers to turn steam generators to keep the ac's going........been 90-91 everyday and no relief in sight until maybe the weekend. Gonna be hell deer huntin' in bermuda shorts and thongs come Nov. 1.

IHStangFan
10-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
IHStang, the only reason we would need to chop firewood in North Texas right now is to fuel the fires for the steam boilers to turn steam generators to keep the ac's going........been 90-91 everyday and no relief in sight until maybe the weekend. Gonna be hell deer huntin' in bermuda shorts and thongs come Nov. 1. LOL!! deer hunting in bermuda shorts.....thats an interesting mental image. yeah, that aint worth a crap..hopefully yall catch a cool front sometime soon!

big daddy russ
10-20-2005, 02:51 PM
Dang, B, ya'll are everywhere except Ingleside nowadays. Your sister's out in DerkaDerkastan with her hubby. Parents in Sugarland. Hell, your closest neighbors are gila monsters, socorros and Mexico... and I heard your cousins (the Murphys) all cleared out too.

The Clantons were in Ingleside before the Karankawas. Did I miss something? Did hell freeze over?

AP Panther Fan
10-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
The Clantons were in Ingleside before the Karankawas. Did I miss something? Did hell freeze over?

So was the Jackson side of his family! Hell hasn't frozen over yet...it is still mid 80's here! ;)

big daddy russ
10-20-2005, 03:01 PM
So was the Jackson side of his family! Hell hasn't frozen over yet...it is still mid 80's here! ;)
If it's down to the 80's there it must be closing in on 32 in hell.

mustang68
10-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Caught that cool front in West Texas today. This is the one day a year that reaches perfection. Bright shinning sun Temp. around 75, slight breeze. It could be playoff time.:cool: :D :cool:

spiveyrat
10-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Gonna be hell deer huntin' in bermuda shorts and thongs come Nov. 1.

It's like that every year, though Bull. That's why I never much enjoyed deer hunting cause usually it took so damn long to get cold enough to kill the mosquitos off. I hated having to sit so still, listening to them buzzing my ears and having very little recourse from letting them damn things eat me up all so I wouldn't scare the deer away. So, I pretty much stayed out of the woods til the temperature dropped. Sometimes, that wasn't til January! :eek:

IHStangFan
10-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Dang, B, ya'll are everywhere except Ingleside nowadays. Your sister's out in DerkaDerkastan with her hubby. Parents in Sugarland. Hell, your closest neighbors are gila monsters, socorros and Mexico... and I heard your cousins (the Murphys) all cleared out too.

The Clantons were in Ingleside before the Karankawas. Did I miss something? Did hell freeze over? LOL....yeah, times change though, Ingleside isnt the sleepy little town we grew up in. Kinda a hole nowadays. Mom and Dad are in Sugarland, Jacob and Nicole are headed to Florida here soon, Colby and Maureen sold their house and from what I hear have an apt. somewhere in town, The Murphy girls are all gone, Not sure on Celeste or Tiffany......and yup..i'm in AZ. Theres a handful of us out here these days. Seems my girlfriend freakin knows Elisa my sister in law. Long story! She saw a picture of her the other night and goes "Thats Elisa!" i about crapped myself. LOL.

IHStangFan
10-20-2005, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
It's like that every year, though Bull. That's why I never much enjoyed deer hunting cause usually it took so damn long to get cold enough to kill the mosquitos off. I hated having to sit so still, listening to them buzzing my ears and having very little recourse from letting them damn things eat me up all so I wouldn't scare the deer away. So, I pretty much stayed out of the woods til the temperature dropped. Sometimes, that wasn't til January! :eek: ah hell, i never liked hunting from a blind anyway ;)

big daddy russ
10-20-2005, 03:49 PM
Colby sold that beautiful house? I guess all the kids are gone so they don't need it. I know Justin and Tiffany are up here, don't know where Celeste is... my bro said she might still be up here.

And yeah, Ingleside definitely isn't the town we grew up in. Everything started really changing when Big City Wesson got there... about five years ago Zane got ISS for having empty shotgun shells in his truck. You treat a bunch of kids like gangbangers, they'll start to believe it sooner or later.

Oh, and what a small world. Let me in on the story one of these days when you get time.

spiveyrat
10-20-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
ah hell, i never liked hunting from a blind anyway ;)

Usually, they were open stands.

IHStangFan
10-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Russ,

Celeste graduated from A&M last fall. You're right, the school system has gotten silly, drugs have gotten horrible, etc. Hell, I remember one time they went through the parking lot w/ dogs and came and got Keith from class...had ammo in his truck cause we were goin bird hunting after school....and thats all we had to tell Lyons and Long and we were okay, no ISS or anything. On the Kristen knowing Elisa thing......seems Kristen's ex fiance was William Coppenger's uncle. Elisa had come out here to see William when he lived in Tucson, and had spent a few weeks at Kristen's house. small world...I guess shortly after, Kristen and the guy split, she moved to Tombstone, and BAM...i meet her 8 months later. :clap:

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
the weather has been very tropical in the mid to low 80's and the trade winds sitting at about 13-16 mhp coming from the north east.

big daddy russ
10-20-2005, 10:29 PM
I got those little midgets in my head right now...

"It's a small world after all, it's a small...."

Reminds me of the Rodney Carrington sketch about Disney World.

IHStangFan
10-21-2005, 11:39 AM
I got those little midgets in my head right now...

"It's a small world after all, it's a small...."

Reminds me of the Rodney Carrington sketch about Disney World. LOL.....thanks now its in MY head....where's a Pantera cd or something....something loud to drown this out!! :D