PDA

View Full Version : DI Semi-finals...I've seen them ALL

Titans
12-01-2002, 09:31 AM
Now I can finally make a keen observation and NON-biased opinion on what I have seen thus far.

Everman vs. Forney

Everman has what everyone has talked about...SPEED. Forney has one of the toughest defenses I've seen, very sound and well coached. Everman's offense is potent, while Forney's offense may just be the weakest of any o four remaining teams. Even so, they find ways to win.

***Word of advice, put this game in TX Stadium. Pennington couldn't hold the 25,000 fans last year and won't be able to do it this year ***

Burnet vs. Jasper

Burnet surprised me a bit against Sinton. Their tenacity and technique are as good as I've seen. Their offense was, in my opinion, not as good as their defense. Jasper is HUGE. Biggest 5A team I've seen in 3A. They have speed to match. I wasn't impressed with their offense, but WOW, that defense.

Any fluke that the 4 remaining teams are better defensively than offensively? Hmmmm...what's the saying again?

OK, my predictions:

Everman 20
Forney 13

Burnet 7
Jasper 13

Bulldog Fan
12-01-2002, 11:43 AM
Jasper did have it's poorest showing yet on offense but I think they may have been holding back a little for the sake of the scouts. I've seen them play much better.

SintonFan_inAustin
12-01-2002, 04:21 PM
Good defenses will make offenses not look to good or like ur words holding back a little.

Defense wins. If Jasper wins it all it be because of their defense same for the rest of the teams remaining.