PDA

View Full Version : When does Iowa Park play hirschi?

injuredinmelee
10-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Just curious.

They still have Graham I know. That is usually last week of the season. I am sure the distaste is still there between the Hawks and Steers. I noticed at the IP Bowie playoff game last year that when they announced the graham score (losing) peopel cheered. I understand rooting against teams during regular season play but in the playoffs I always root for the district members. Is my train of thought commonplace or am I the odd ball?

injuredinmelee
10-19-2005, 11:07 PM
what is taking greenmonster os long to anwer this question??? :nerd:

RMAC
10-19-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm from Graham, and I'll be the first to tell you, we ALL have bad apples and so pretty much we don't get along all that well. In fact, I don't really think we get along w/ anybody in our district well. Not even Hirshi. Oh, IP plays Hirshi this week or next. Not sure which though. But no, you're train of thought is very classy, I commend you. Most people here in Graham, I think, feel the same way as you. Once it's over it's over.

injuredinmelee
10-20-2005, 12:00 AM
you F's lil bro?

PlayaJBiehl20
10-20-2005, 06:23 AM
They play W.F.H. next week. (I used to live in I.P. and I always keep up with them)

VWG
10-20-2005, 07:21 AM
Iowa Park has bye week. Vernon plays WF Hirschi and Breckenridge and Graham play for about the 80th time in their history.

Dist. 5-3A has no love loss between Graham, Breckenridge, Vernon and Iowa Park. Graham and Breckenridge are long time rivals. Iowa Park and Vernon are long time rivals too. Due to Graham's success over the past 6 years in district a hatred for the red & blue has grown from mostly Vernon and Iowa Park. (Breckenridge and Graham could suck every year and they would still hate each other) It spills over in other sports as well. Graham has talent and success in their volleyball program, basketball, baseball, track & field, etc... oh yeah.... forgot golf.

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-20-2005, 09:05 PM
My thoughts are somewhat different from the other posters. I do root for the other district teams in the playoffs. Of course Graham hasn't helped my cause for them though--losing in the first round every year.

In addition over the course of the Steers dominace over the district, in almost every sport, they have been anything but gracious winners. Combine that with sore losers in Vernon and you get some haters. We hate to lose over here in Vernon and well the only way to shut up a hot dog team (Graham) is to beat them which we have failed to do the past 6 years.

Maybe this year? Well probably not. :(

GreenMonster
10-20-2005, 10:26 PM
IP get Hirschi next Friday. As far as Graham goes I never had any beef with those guys. I can agree that they have been anything but gracious winners but in all reality who is. As for the cheering about the Graham score, they talked trash in the WF paper all week about being Co-Champs even though they lost head to head against IP. In District 5 there is no such thing as Co-Champs. 2 way tie Head to Head is used to determine Champion, 3 way tie a point system is used. Not that it really matters, but it rubbed some of our fans the wrong way. I personally wasn't cheering. I like to root for the other teams of my District so long as they aren't on the opposite sideline.

VWG
10-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
IP get Hirschi next Friday. As far as Graham goes I never had any beef with those guys. I can agree that they have been anything but gracious winners but in all reality who is. As for the cheering about the Graham score, they talked trash in the WF paper all week about being Co-Champs even though they lost head to head against IP. In District 5 there is no such thing as Co-Champs. 2 way tie Head to Head is used to determine Champion, 3 way tie a point system is used. Not that it really matters, but it rubbed some of our fans the wrong way. I personally wasn't cheering. I like to root for the other teams of my District so long as they aren't on the opposite sideline.

I agree. Vernon teams in the 80's and early 90's were dominating.... and they knew it too.
Still... you've got to have respect for other teams in your district or area, and hope they represent your district or area in the best way. Which is to win games and keep going through the playoffs... no matter what sport.

Steer Fever
10-21-2005, 10:01 AM
I agree there is hate between all the teams even Hirschi to a point. The big 3 will get up when they play each other regardless of how there season is going.
As for the cheering in the playoffs i know alot of Graham folks after losing in the first round go home and hope that the others people in there district got beat.
And for the co-champs last year i think all the players knew that they weren't co-champs it was just everybody else.