PDA

View Full Version : Hey KTJ!

PhiI C
10-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Are you worried about the Texas vs Texas Tech Game this weekend?

AggieJohn
10-19-2005, 10:03 PM
he's got to be a little...but tech's defense is terrible, so selvin & co. should have a big day...

Phil C
10-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech does have a powerful offense and an underated defense.

KTJ
10-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Are you worried about the Texas vs Texas Tech Game this weekend?

No.

Hupernikomen
10-20-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
he's got to be a little...but tech's defense is terrible, so selvin & co. should have a big day...

Selvin and Co.?? You been huffing again haven't you.

PhiI C
10-20-2005, 09:30 PM
Some of the folks in Austin are worried. The Texas Tech offense reminds them of the Rams offense when they won the Super Bowl in 99 and the Texas Tech Defense reminds them of the Chicago Bears Defense in 1985 when they won the Super Bowl. Tough comparisons indeed. :(

KTJ
10-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
Some of the folks in Austin are worried. The Texas Tech offense reminds them of the Rams offense when they won the Super Bowl in 99 and the Texas Tech Defense reminds them of the Chicago Bears Defense in 1985 when they won the Super Bowl. Tough comparisons indeed. :(

I honestly don't know where you heard that because that really isn't what people are thinking here in Austin.

In fact, it's completely the opposite.

Bullaholic
10-20-2005, 09:39 PM
I like Tech and admire them. Seems like they are always able to take a bunch of kids (not all) that a lot of other schools "pass over", even some kids from 3A or lower high schools and give the "big" boys fits sometimes. Plus the fact they arguably run one of the most exciting and prolific offenses in college football. However, they do occasionally get "mashed" by certain "marquee" teams when they are just physically overmatched and worn down by bench depth. This happened to them a few years ago when they caught USC and I really believe this will happen to them this week when they catch a similar big and physical UT Longhorns team. It will be the Wolverine vs the Grizzly Bear this week.