PDA

View Full Version : Dawn At Socorro On Tcm In November

PhiI C
10-19-2005, 09:38 PM
That is right! For those of you that missed it earlier you have a chance to see this great underated western! It will be on November 1 (Tuesday) at 2:45 P.M. to 4:15 P.M. and again on November25 (Friday) at 5 A.M. to 6:30 A.M. If you can't watch at those times have your recorders set. This is an outstanding movie! Don't miss it!! Good news indeed!

JHS_c/o_06'
10-19-2005, 09:55 PM
not this again

i guess ill have to watch it just to see what the fuss is all about

Phil C
10-20-2005, 09:38 AM
You are in for a treat JHS!

zeus63
10-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Any big name actors in this movie? Just curious.

pirate44
10-20-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
not this again

i guess ill have to watch it just to see what the fuss is all about
its not as exciting as watching soccer, but almost ;)

Phil C
10-20-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by zeus63
Any big name actors in this movie? Just curious.

There sure are zeus! Many became even much more famous after this movie. This money is based loosely on the Gunfight at the OK Corral only it takes place in New Mexico ten years earlier with different characters. It was made in 1954. It was one of those grade b westerns they made in the 50s and 60s but out of the many that were made you were bound to get a gem and this one was it. It has great sound and color and the New Mexico scenerly is great. It has the following starts:

Rory Calhoun as the main character Brett Wade. He made other great movies such as River of No Return with the great Marilyn Monroe and Robert Mitchum.

Piper Laurie who was later to win oscar nominations for such movies as the Hustler and Carrie. In this movie you see her at age 22 playing Ronnah Hayes.

David Brian who was a great character actor and was in many movies such as The High and the Mighty with John Wayne.

Edgar Buchannan who plays Sherriff Cauthen the Sheriff of Socorro. He adds humor to the role but he does show himself to be a capable sheriff. He made many movies and is famous as Uncle Joe in Petticoat Junction. He is very good in this movie.

Lee Van Cleef who became famous with Clint Eastwood in The Good, Bad and the Ugly.

Paul Brinegar who plays the desk clerk who became famous as Wishbone in the Clint Eastwood Series with Clint Eastwood.

Henry Mancini didn't get credit but he also worked on the sound. He produced great music such as Peter Gunn and The Pink Panther.

These are just a few but the last one I want to mention is Alex Nicol who plays the gunfighter Jimmy Rapp who is a gunfighter with a strange sense of honor. Many people think he should have got the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for this movie. In the first part of the movie he fails to aid his adopted family in their shootout with Rory Calhoun because of being drunk. The scene where he in his drunken state looks out the window at the fight and in horror realizes his family needs him is a classic scene indeed. His constant leering presence in the movie is magnificient acting. The conversation on the Statecoach to Socorro between him and Calhoun and Laurie is devestating indeed.

This is just a sample of the treat you are in for. Good news for you indeed.

Phil C
10-20-2005, 02:18 PM
Also use the search feature with Dawn Socorro and it will show other threads with great information that I have posted in the past on this great movie.

BHKrystal06
10-20-2005, 02:35 PM
Never heard of any of those actors, but maybe I'll even watch it cause ya'll always talk about it...:rolleyes: :D

Hupernikomen
10-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by BHKrystal06
Never heard of any of those actors, but maybe I'll even watch it cause ya'll always talk about it...:rolleyes: :D

Krystal ...No y'all involved when it comes to the discussion about this movie..just a Godfather thing.

BHKrystal06
10-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Oops. :)

Phil C
10-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Don't forget this coming Tuesday!

spiveyrat
10-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Just for Phil! :)

http://search.ebay.com/dawn-at-socorro_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Phil C
10-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Very good spi! Thank you.

PhiI C
10-29-2005, 11:34 PM
They are showing some good Alfred Hitchcock movies on TCM at night until Monday night.

PhiI C
10-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Dawn at Socorro also is in color if I haven't mentioned it.

Phil C
10-31-2005, 11:52 AM
Tomorrow is the day!