PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal Charles

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 06:58 PM
Do you think that Jamaal Charles will be better than former Texas greats?

District303aPastPlayer
10-19-2005, 07:04 PM
its possible, i mean hell, he rushed for almost 600 yards in one game in HS

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
its possible, i mean hell, he rushed for almost 600 yards in one game in HS Also he has done more in his first 5 games then the others have.

District303aPastPlayer
10-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
Also he has done more in his first 5 games then the others have.

which could be bad... you are the RB in the most brutal contact sport on earth... thats not too good for ya...
also.... do you think he might go the way of the dred lock soon?

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 07:22 PM
I do not think so but you never know. I would have never thought Ricky to do what he did. But he can't let his head get too big. Adrian Peterson is an example, not of getting cocky just a player that does good as a freshman but not doing as good as a sophmore. You also have to look at the guys up front, it is a veteran line he's running behind.

WOS1
10-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Man, I hope not... I think the "dreds" are played out.

Jamaal is a good kid with a pretty good head on his shoulders. I think he will definitely make his mark. I also think he'll be playing on Sundays barring any major injuries.

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 07:26 PM
heck yeah he will be, he is a true freshmen and is one of the top backs, i think if it werent for vince young being so damn good and if he handed the ball off more than he already does jamaal charles would definitely be a heisman candidate along side reggie bush

WOS1
10-19-2005, 07:26 PM
You also have to look at the guys up front, it is a veteran line he's running behind.

Very good point, but do not be mistaken, Jamaal is "the real deal".

mwynn05
10-19-2005, 07:30 PM
I do not think so but you never know. I would have never thought Ricky to do what he did. But he can't let his head get too big. Adrian Peterson is an example, not of getting cocky just a player that does good as a freshman but not doing as good as a sophmore. You also have to look at the guys up front, it is a veteran line he's running behind. It's not Petersons fault Oklahoma has no QB and a young line. Defense are keying on him and putting 8 and 9 in the box

injuredinmelee
10-19-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
heck yeah he will be, he is a true freshmen and is one of the top backs, i think if it werent for vince young being so damn good and if he handed the ball off more than he already does jamaal charles would definitely be a heisman candidate along side reggie bush

I wish the Cuero RB would reconsider and come to UT instead of the ags. Might as well go to a winner.

KTJ
10-19-2005, 09:18 PM
He got a few Heisman votes a couple of weeks ago. The dude will be a stud. And right after him, in comes Vondrell McGee. The top recruiting classes just keep coming.

On that note, I hope he plays Saturday. But if he doesn't, I won't mind. I want him healthy for the Big 12 CCG and possible Rose Bowl.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
Very good point, but do not be mistaken, Jamaal is "the real deal". I wasn't taken anything away from Charles he is a tremendous running back.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
It's not Petersons fault Oklahoma has no QB and a young line. Defense are keying on him and putting 8 and 9 in the box That is why I mentioned something about the linemen.

Keith7
10-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
which could be bad... you are the RB in the most brutal contact sport on earth...

When did he start playing rugby??

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
He got a few Heisman votes a couple of weeks ago. The dude will be a stud. And right after him, in comes Vondrell McGee. The top recruiting classes just keep coming.

On that note, I hope he plays Saturday. But if he doesn't, I won't mind. I want him healthy for the Big 12 CCG and possible Rose Bowl. Not to mention Emmanuel Moody.

crabman
10-19-2005, 09:25 PM
I didn't really follow recruiting a lot last year. I was watching the Texas High School Coaches All Star game and I saw Charles running. He was clearly the most dominant player on the field. Much faster and shiftier than anyone else on the field. Clearly a man among boys. Then they flashed the little graphic across the bottom of the screen that said he was going to t.u. That is when I thought, "Oh crap", another four years of t.u. kicking A&M's butt. Looks like 2009 might be the Aggies year. :)

KTJ
10-19-2005, 09:38 PM
Not to mention Emmanuel Moody.

Moody isn't a definite anymore since he decided to take a visit to USC.

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Moody isn't a definite anymore since he decided to take a visit to USC. I didn't know that but you know signing day is coming up soon.

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 10:05 PM
speakin of that all star game crabman texas also recruited a receiver that snagged over everyone in that all star game...his name is jermichael finley...i cant wait to see him play next year....he has got the talent to be just as good as roy

injuredinmelee
10-19-2005, 10:56 PM
his name is jermichael finley...

Finley was a stud in that game. The UT recieving corps looks pretty deep for the next few years.

Cat22
10-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey if you guys want to see some of his high school highlights, check out this link.

http://www.fridaynightexperience.com/jamaalcharles

PlayaJBiehl20
10-20-2005, 06:26 AM
I saw Finley play in basketball, he didn't do much but Graham had played very well and Diboll was missing everything. Finley was very filled out and definitely looked like a football recruit.

WOS1
10-20-2005, 08:06 AM
I thought Finley was a tight end?