PDA

View Full Version : Some up-and-coming NBA rules..

Keith7
10-19-2005, 05:15 PM
Here are some other rules that will more then likely get passed thanks to the newest dress code rule.

All music made by a NBA player must be country, no rap is allowed.

All shorts must be shorter then your finger tips.

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 05:21 PM
yeah i saw that...that is freakin crazy...i cant believe stern is that RACIST

GreenMonster
10-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
yeah i saw that...that is freakin crazy...i cant believe stern is that RACIST Racism has nothing to do with this. These guys make millions they should act like it. Besides, it's a business and if your sponsors start complaining then the whole league is in risk of losing money. I don't think that wearing a coat and tie will hurt anyone. Besides, did you see how good Shaq looked when he was injured?? He was able to make his fashion statement and still met the new requirements.

District303aPastPlayer
10-19-2005, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Moron, racism has nothing to do with this. These guys make millions they should act like it. Besides, it's a business and if your sponsors start complaining then the whole league is in risk of losing money. I don't think that wearing a coat and tie will hurt anyone. Besides, did you see how good Shaq looked when he was injured?? He was able to make his fashion statement and still met the new requirements.

actually... if you look who is making the rules, and who has to abide by them... it kinda takes you back to the 1840s... i make the rules... you obey

AggieJohn
10-19-2005, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
actually... if you look who is making the rules, and who has to abide by them... it kinda takes you back to the 1840s... i make the rules... you obey

please........it's not like that.....stern is just trying to corral the image of the NBA into something more professional than just a bunch of talented thugs...that's all tha tthey are considered right now

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Moron, racism has nothing to do with this. These guys make millions they should act like it. Besides, it's a business and if your sponsors start complaining then the whole league is in risk of losing money. I don't think that wearing a coat and tie will hurt anyone. Besides, did you see how good Shaq looked when he was injured?? He was able to make his fashion statement and still met the new requirements.

holy crap you are the moron, i put racist in all caps for a reason...i think it is funny the players are saying it is racist...before u start callin me anymore names if u got a problem pm me, MORON

football4life
10-19-2005, 06:36 PM
I like the new regulations. (no im not talking about those joke ones listed above) Personally, I haven't watched more than a couple quarters on and off of an NBA game since Jordan left the bulls. I really can't stand to watch these guys and their individual "personas." It gets really irritating when all you hear about are the ridiculous stunts they pull, and how bad the image of the NBA is.

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 06:43 PM
its not like they wear their chains and medallions on the court so what does it matter....next thing u know they are gonna tell ben wallace he cant have a fro anymore...lol

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 07:11 PM
I think that Stern is just trying to clean up the image of the league. True almost all the players having to meet these regulations are african american but I do not think he is racist. I think these rules (dress code and age minimum) are rules that would've been made if all the players were even white. He's just trying to do his job and do it well. Also if he was racist there would be a lot more major rules being made than just these two.

GreenMonster
10-19-2005, 07:18 PM
holy crap you are the moron, i put racist in all caps for a reason...i think it is funny the players are saying it is racist...before u start callin me anymore names if u got a problem pm me, MORON

***** (edited so as not to hurt ro_tex_solja's fragile feelings)

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 07:21 PM
oh man that was a good one

GreenMonster
10-19-2005, 10:07 PM
ttt

venomous tat2
10-20-2005, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
I think that Stern is just trying to clean up the image of the league. True almost all the players having to meet these regulations are african american but I do not think he is racist. I think these rules (dress code and age minimum) are rules that would've been made if all the players were even white. He's just trying to do his job and do it well. Also if he was racist there would be a lot more major rules being made than just these two.

Professionalism- professional status,methods, CHARACTER,or
STANDARDS. Yes the nba is trying to clean it self up , kids and the young may buy nba apparel but who buy the tickets to the
games. Kids don't fill up the arena's. I do not see this as a race thing i see it as having a better image of professional people.

They are getting paid so it is a job. I'm with you Playa .:clap: :clap:

big daddy russ
10-20-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by football4life
I...I really can't stand to watch these guys and their individual "personas." It gets really irritating when all you hear about are the ridiculous stunts they pull, and how bad the image of the NBA is.
You're a Spurs fan at heart. You just don't know it yet.

neck_94
10-20-2005, 10:05 AM

How about...

I SIGN YOUR CHECK ... you obey

Keith7
10-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by neck_94
How about...

I SIGN YOUR CHECK ... you obey

David Stern doesn't sign these guys checks though

Bullaholic
10-20-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Keith7
David Stern doesn't sign these guys checks though

You think Stern could make this rule if the NBA owners didn't agree with it, Keith? They do sign the players' checks.

Keith7
10-20-2005, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
You think Stern could make this rule if the NBA owners didn't agree with it, Keith? They do sign the players' checks.

Yea I think Stern is an idiot, because he is taking away what makes basketball different from other sports... Unlike other sports where traditions rule, basketball is alittle more flashy and has gotten away from tradition as the game has evolved.. I think this is a reason why basketball appeals to alot of young people. By taking away some of the bling in the game, the new rule makes the game just that much more boring..

Bullaholic
10-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Yea I think Stern is an idiot, because he is taking away what makes basketball different from other sports... Unlike other sports where traditions rule, basketball is alittle more flashy and has gotten away from tradition as the game has evolved.. I think this is a reason why basketball appeals to alot of young people. By taking away some of the bling in the game, the new rule makes the game just that much more boring..

Keith, I still don't view this action as anything intended to diminish the game of pro basketball. Things have gotten "out of hand" with respect to the frequency and the level of violence occurring at games. As I understand it, the "gangsta" mentality and behavior advocated by many "gangsta" rappers in their recordings and their lifestyles (several get shot each year) serves to champion this type of violence to our youth and seems to carry over to the mindset and behavior of many young adults. It is unfortunate that this "gangsta" image seems to be more popular in one particular race and age group than in others. Something just had to be done, and Stern has done it.

ro_tex_solja
10-20-2005, 11:56 AM
holy crap thank u dr. phil

HPLJ6L
10-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Racist? Not really but I can see why people say that considering that the league is 80% or so black and David Stern is white. So de bossman be tellin us how to dress now, huh? But anyway, they make enough money to dress well. If the sour cream gun guy at Taco Bell doesn't lose his mind when his manager tells him to buy some Black slacks and Black Tennis shoes, then these guys shouldn't either.

Bullaholic
10-20-2005, 12:45 PM
holy crap thank u dr. phil

Thanks, Ro'.....that'll be $250---cash, you understand?;)

JasperDog94
10-20-2005, 02:22 PM
holy crap thank u dr. phil ROFLMBO!!!

But he is correct.

Bandera YaYa
10-20-2005, 02:59 PM
Yea I think Stern is an idiot, because he is taking away what makes basketball different from other sports... Unlike other sports where traditions rule, basketball is alittle more flashy and has gotten away from tradition as the game has evolved.. I think this is a reason why basketball appeals to alot of young people. By taking away some of the bling in the game, the new rule makes the game just that much more boring.. You must not be a fan of the NBA....I don't think people, young or old, tune into a game, only to see what the players on the bench are wearing......these players are being paid for doing their job...this ain't no little dribblers.....IMHO, the bling has no place on the court....we see enough of it on the nitely news........ :rolleyes:

Ranger05
10-20-2005, 06:45 PM
nvm

lostaussie
10-20-2005, 07:01 PM
stern is not a racist. he is what you call the fall guy. big buisness is making this decision and somebody had to be the bad guy.

Rabbit'93
10-20-2005, 08:08 PM
You younger folks listen up for a minute. Stern is not being a racist. He is thinking about what is going to put revenue into the league. Next time one of you young'uns is in economics class pay attention. Who pays big bucks to sit close to the action and in the lower bowls of the arena. Corporations and rich white guys. The NBA is losing money every season because of the type of play, attitude, and appearance of the game. It's not something that white people can relate to and therefor will not pay to see. Owners and the league could care less about affordable ticket prices and the "common" man being able to see a game. They want season ticket sales to big companies and tycoons all who have fat wallets that don't want to see a bunch of wannabe thugs. Economics 101. You guys can talk about racism all you want, but it boils down to @$$e$ in the seats my friend. I applaud Stern. If the players don't like it go to the CBA or Europe or And 1. When your boss tells you to do something you do it. If you don't you get disciplined or fired.

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-20-2005, 09:10 PM
I wear slacks and a tie to work because I'm told to by the people that sign my paychecks to. They don't let me wear jerseys or big chains because thats not proffessional. I've learned if you wanna get ahead you should just do what you're told. To the people that think Stern is being racist, well I really don't have any comments that you would understand, since you are obviously ignorant. The NBA has an image problem that Stern is addressing.

sirhc11
10-21-2005, 08:48 AM
It's not really that these guys are trying to be thugs or gangsters, if you will, but more they are being representative of their culture. If Stern or the rest of the NBA is offended by that they should have the rule stating that to enter the NBA only white-collar professionals can compete.... then see how far the NBA goes... it is an ENTERTAINMENT business not a PROFESSIONAL business... personally I tune in to watch AI's playing style and ability not how he handles himself of the court or entering the stadium.

Stretch04
10-21-2005, 09:51 AM

He is trying to make a bunch of 18 to 20 something year old inner city kids look nice and portray a positive image. When these kids bball career is over most are going to have to be contributing parts of the business world (Because God knows they can't manage money) and it is not going to happen looking like they are going to a gang fight. The people who work for the large corporations of this country don't gripe when they can't wear dew rags and gold chains to work.

HPLJ6L
10-21-2005, 10:03 AM
When you have players who don't understand "economics 101" and seem to be eager to drop the "get out of responsibility free" race card, that is what makes it a racial thing. Stern is the boss and he represents the "man" or "mista charley" or whatever to these guys because of that same lack of understanding. Are the superstars complaining? Nope. Why? Because that understanding of how this thing works is why they are superstars. KG, Shaq and even Kobe understand the nature of "economics 101" and stopped thuggin long ago. They realized that it was the "man" that was signing their checks and that it would be a good idea to get along with them rather than alienate them. The real lesson to our kids should be "see, this is what separates a great talent from a superstar...a boy from a man."

A man that is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else.