PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Shipley?

GWOOD
10-19-2005, 12:48 PM
Gearing up for the Texas Tech/Texas game this Saturday and thought about Jordan Shipley. Is he getting any playing time this year? I was thinking that he was red-shirted last year.

Does he know #3 from Tech? Does he know to stay away from him?

PlayaJBiehl20
10-19-2005, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
Gearing up for the Texas Tech/Texas game this Saturday and thought about Jordan Shipley. Is he getting any playing time this year? I was thinking that he was red-shirted last year.

Does he know #3 from Tech? Does he know to stay away from him? He had a medical redshirt last year and has been hurt this year but that is all I know.

sirhc11
10-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Yeah I havn't heard of Shipley doing anything for the horns this year.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2005, 01:10 PM
Hamstring injury has kept him off the field so far. I've not heard anything recent as to his status.

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2005, 01:16 PM
That is such a shame....I bet he is really disappointed. :(

KTJ
10-19-2005, 01:17 PM
He probably won't play at all this year.

pirate4state
10-19-2005, 01:19 PM
:( This is sad news. I was so looking forward to watching him play. He is a tremendous athlete!! I hope he can make a full recovery and play next year for the Horns!! :thumbsup:

He should be able to get a medical waiver for this year. :)

injuredinmelee
10-19-2005, 01:29 PM
he has been dressed and ready the last two weeks but hasnt gotten into the game yet. Since last year was a medical redshirt year for him can he get a regular red shirt year and be on the 6 year plan like Bo Scaife was?

pirate4state
10-19-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
he has been dressed and ready the last two weeks but hasnt gotten into the game yet. Since last year was a medical redshirt year for him can he get a regular red shirt year and be on the 6 year plan like Bo Scaife was? Really? I didn't think he was even practicing? :thinking:

past discussion (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34973)

KTJ
10-19-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
he has been dressed and ready the last two weeks but hasnt gotten into the game yet. Since last year was a medical redshirt year for him can he get a regular red shirt year and be on the 6 year plan like Bo Scaife was?

He hasn't been dressed, I don't think. Even if he was, there is no way he's getting in the game. Mack has said that they will wait until he's 100% before letting him do anything. He aggrivated his hammy because his knee wasn't completely heeled.

If he does play this year, it wouldn't be until either the A&M game or the Big 12 CCG. And not to sound mean or anything, but I think Limas Sweed and Billy Pittman are doing just fine. Jordan isn't a necessity right now and I'd rather him get a definite 100% heeled before he steps on the field "just to play".

Keith7
10-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I think Limas Sweed and Billy Pittman are doing just fine. Jordan isn't a necessity right now and I'd rather him get a definite 100% heeled before he steps on the field "just to play".

The longhorns could really use him though, he is better then pittman and he has a 95 speed!! :eek:

injuredinmelee
10-19-2005, 02:16 PM
All the info I have is from a kid that grew up with him that works for me.

CenTexSports
10-19-2005, 02:26 PM
Shipley is a special young man with a great deal of talent and skill but Billy'Pittman's stats so far:

410 total yards - #1 in receiving on the team
25.6 yards / catch - #1 on the team
64 yard longest catch - #1 on the team
68.3 yards /game - #1 on the team

PLUS 19 yards per rush - #1 on the team

Not too bad. If Jordon comes back and improves on these, he will be doing a wonderful job but I don't think it will be at Billy's expense. When Jordon was in the depth chart it was not at Billy's position.

Old Tiger
10-19-2005, 07:01 PM
I can't wait to see Sweed, BP, and Jordan on the field at the same time....:eek:

hornfan
10-20-2005, 08:45 PM
i will help this discussion a little bit i was at the Texas game on Saturday against Colorado and Shipley was out early running some routes with McCoy and took a couple of passes from vince and then saw him dressed on the sideline looking really eager to get in but never was in obviously. Just thought i would add that in there

Leopards,class of 75
10-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I can't wait to see Sweed, BP, and Jordan on the field at the same time....:eek: Hopefully soon this will happen!

KL3
10-20-2005, 11:13 PM
Ya, Shipley is most likely done for the season. He will then seek a medical redshirt later in his career.

tap_tx_sinton
10-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Sure did look forward to him play last year, but due to injury that dampered the plans.
Now this year again is a major setback.
Saw him play against Sinton in Corpus few years back with his dad coaching on the sidelines.
Some real talent there and hope he can get back to 100% and get back on the field.

lepfan
10-21-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by KL3
Ya, Shipley is most likely done for the season. He will then seek a medical redshirt later in his career.

It sounds like he will be another Jason White as far as the medical redshirt stuff goes...maybe the UT fans who made fun of Jason White will have to eat a little crow because of the comments they made about him...