PDA

View Full Version : Hey Aggiejohn we had an Aggie Celebrity at the volleyball game last night!

Phil C
10-19-2005, 11:13 AM
She is Martha Moore and she played for the Texas A&M soccer team from 1999 to 2003 (she skipped 2002 to play on Mexico's National Team). She was a great player for the Aggies. I think her mother is from Mexico and that is why she played for the team. She is coach of the Beeville JV varsity team. I think her husband is an assistant coach there too. Anyway I thought I recognised her from somewhere and then it hit me that she had played for the Aggies because I had seen her play UT once and on television when they were televised. No one believed me until I asked around and it was confirmed. Naturally I got a pen and got her autograph. Someone important and no one realized it! She was very nice and gave the autograph to me. I hope Beeville has a girls' soccer team. They have something great there. I was on cloud nine. Then on top of that the Sinton Team had parents' night and after the parents' night I was called out on the floor and given a flower for being an outstanding lady pirate fan just because I sometimes get up at 5:30 in the morning to send the team off to tournaments with signs. I was speechless. What a great night indeed.

Phil C
10-19-2005, 11:19 AM
This is her picture when she was at Texas A&M.

http://sports.tamu.edu/sports/soccer/images/mugs/2002/moore-martha.jpg

AggieJohn
10-19-2005, 11:24 AM
that's awesome phil......really that is...i'm glad you got recognized

Phil C
10-19-2005, 11:49 AM
Thank you Aggiejohn. It was nice of them even though I didn't feel that worthy myself but it is an honor to be highly thought of like that. Anyway I failed to mention that Martha had an older sister named Monica that played soccer at UT.

Phil C
10-19-2005, 03:40 PM
I think it is an assistant coach at Beeville that is her fiance rather than husband yet.

ILS1
10-19-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
This is her picture when she was at Texas A&M.

http://sports.tamu.edu/sports/soccer/images/mugs/2002/moore-martha.jpg

Wow!!! She's a hottie!!! She can teach me anytime!!!! LOL!!

:D :D

AP Panther Fan
10-19-2005, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Then on top of that the Sinton Team had parents' night and after the parents' night I was called out on the floor and given a flower for being an outstanding lady pirate fan just because I sometimes get up at 5:30 in the morning to send the team off to tournaments with signs. I was speechless. What a great night indeed.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

that is awesome and WELL DESERVED!:)

handNthedirt
10-19-2005, 06:33 PM
are you going to sleep with that autograph under your pillow?

AggieJohn
10-19-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

she'd flunk your tail

District303aPastPlayer
10-19-2005, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by ILS1

my thoughts exactly

Phil C
02-18-2006, 09:57 PM
I just found out that Beeville girls beat a team from SA in soccer Friday 3 to 2!! I didn't realize Beeville had a girls' soccer team. I got to find out when the next game in Beeville is. I imagine Martha is coaching that team! That would be great news indeed to know that great high school soccer is so close by. :)

Phil C
03-05-2006, 09:09 PM
ttt for Eagle6Man! I hope he gets to read this post. I am goiing to try to make one of the Beeville girls soccer game this spring. Great news indeed.