PDA

View Full Version : New NBA Dress Code

venomous tat2
10-19-2005, 11:07 AM
I just read where the nba and commisioner David Stern has employed their new dress code. The nba has cracked down on
apparel worn by it's players said Stern. Banned are sunglasses
worn indoors,sleeveless shirts,shorts,t-shirts,dorags,and players on the bench not in uniform must wear a sports coat.

It's a push to look a little "less gangsta and more genteel "
said Stern. Stern said the league will use a broad range of authority to enforce compliance.

This is when players are repsenting the nba. No more thug look
in the nba. They are professionals and they should look like it.

My hats off to Stern and the league for making a stand. :clap: :clap: :clap: nba@fans.nba.com

Bullaholic
10-19-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by venomous tat2
I just read where the nba and commisioner David Stern has employed their new dress code. The nba has cracked down on
apparel worn by it's players said Stern. Banned are sunglasses
worn indoors,sleeveless shirts,shorts,t-shirts,dorags,and players on the bench not in uniform must wear a sports coat.

It's a push to look a little "less gangsta and more genteel "
said Stern. Stern said the league will use a broad range of authority to enforce compliance.

This is when players are repsenting the nba. No more thug look
in the nba. They are professionals and they should look like it.

My hats off to Stern and the league for making a stand. :clap: :clap: :clap: nba@fans.nba.com

Another take on this may be that the NBA is trying to take the "high" road with regard to quelling violence at games such as occurred last season. Perhaps if players are required to "look" more dignified---their behavior may follow suit. I can't see why successful pro athletes who happen to be millionaires would have any trouble looking the part with their attire. I applaud this action, also.

BMOC
10-19-2005, 11:18 AM
If you are going to be a professional, LOOK PROFESSIONAL. I also applaud Stern and the NBA. :clap:

venomous tat2
10-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Also,Bullaholic the nba has a lot of young players and i mean
young and their repesentation of the nba is less than desirable
to older fans and the younger fans are not the ones filling up the arena's. JMO:thinking:

AggieJohn
10-19-2005, 11:25 AM
yeah you know who was yelling most at this rule.......allen iverson

tap_tx_sinton
10-19-2005, 11:44 AM
I think it is a change for the good. You want to play you must obey.

BlueBlood
10-19-2005, 11:47 AM
I agree with this move. I believe it is needed.

spiveyrat
10-19-2005, 12:07 PM
Put a sports coat on a gangsta and he's still a gangsta.

Going as far as they did, maybe they should have had 'em cover up all those tatoos too. :eek:

mojoman
10-19-2005, 12:32 PM
They ought to have a tattoo maximum. A lot of those guys look ridiculous. I have seen less ink on prisoners in max security

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 12:32 PM
david stern is stupid..if yall are goin to talk about lookin professional and that is it just like a job well the fact of the matter is u dont actually have to look professional for your job until you are at work and for them work is a game...they should be allowed to wear what ever they want before the game because they have started "work" yet? do u see what im saying and plus i guess just cuz im 18 years old i like to see who can wear the best throwbacks...lol

venomous tat2
10-19-2005, 12:34 PM
I guess since Rodman is gone they won't have to worry about the colored hair lol, yeah some of the player tats look jailhouse.

scrub c
10-19-2005, 12:38 PM
well, if somebody would pay me a kajillion dollars TO PLAY A GAME(indoors and in the AC on top of that)!!! I think I could dress however they wanted me to.

Keith7
10-19-2005, 12:49 PM
This rule is racist

spiveyrat
10-19-2005, 01:15 PM
My employer has a dress code, Some schools have dress codes. Are these racist too?

mojoman
10-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Did the rule specify that only certain races had to follow it. How is that racist? Get real not everything in this world is about race.

Keith7
10-19-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
My employer has a dress code, Some schools have dress codes. Are these racist too?

Chains, doorags, sunglasses indoors.. plus on top of that Stern says he is trying to make the league less "Gangsta".. come on, who do you guys think this is targeting??

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2005, 01:42 PM
You know, I went to bat for my girls when the school here was thinking about having a dress code. I didn't and don't think you can learn any better or worse, in a certain kind of clothes. I understand how Stern wants to project a certain image for the players, and yes, it may stem from the ruckus last year. But again, I don't think how a person dresses, makes them a less violent person or more violent. Yes, they may "look" more violent or whatever, but I am more for stricter punishments for infractions, not for what they are wearing. Yes, i think sport coats on the sidelines look great, but I would want that person to want to wear it, not be forced to wear it. But then, life isn't fair, and I realize that. It boils down to, they gotta do what their employer says....plain and simple, or they can get a job elsewhere. Making what they make, I would hope that would not be too much of a thing for them to have to endure. Racial??
Well everyone has the same choice of what to wear, (ouside of dress code). Racial would be to allow or disallow one race to wear a certain kind of clothing....I don't see where a certain race is being told to do this. But of course the "race card" always seems to find it's way into everything .... :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
10-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
I don't see where a certain race is being told to do this. But of course the "race card" always seems to find it's way into everything .... :rolleyes: Unfortunately the "race card" gets played every time someone doesn't get what they want. Blame it on race. And too many times people back down because they don't want to be labeled a "racist".:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bullaholic
10-19-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Keith7
Chains, doorags, sunglasses indoors.. plus on top of that Stern says he is trying to make the league less "Gangsta".. come on, who do you guys think this is targeting??

Anybody who NEEDS to be targeted--black, white, red, yellow, or brown--Period!

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 02:25 PM
david stern is a freakin nerd....he looks like he is special ed or something...

Bullaholic
10-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ro_tex_solja
david stern is a freakin nerd....he looks like he is special ed or something...

Ever hear one of Harvard U's cheers ro? "That's allright, that's o.k., you're gonna work for me someday." I think I'll take the nerds like Stern take home pay.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2005, 03:10 PM
If I were making the amount of money the NBA players are, and my boss said I was to wear boxers on my head to and from games, I'd ask if he had a preference on the color.

spiveyrat
10-19-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
If I were making the amount of money the NBA players are, and my boss said I was to wear boxers on my head to and from games, I'd ask if he had a preference on the color. :thumbsup: :D

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
:thumbsup: :D

the ratings go up every year so obviously people dont really give a crap that they arent in a suit and tie....stern is stupid

mwynn05
10-19-2005, 04:42 PM
the ratings go up every year so obviously people dont really give a crap that they arent in a suit and tie....stern is stupid When you grow up alittle bit you might understand

IHStangFan
10-19-2005, 05:01 PM
HELL yes....bout time....i couldnt hardly stand to watch bball last year it had gotten so thugish....i griped about it constantly.

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 05:03 PM
i wonder when the moron is gonna make a rule where their shorts cant go past their knees and they cant have facial hair.....im waitin on that one

IHStangFan
10-19-2005, 05:24 PM
i wonder when the moron is gonna make a rule where their shorts cant go past their knees and they cant have facial hair.....im waitin on that one you know what they say....fashion rolls back around every 25-30 years...and look at the haircuts, jeans, etc. kids are wearing today..the 70s are on their way back w/ a purpose!! so i could TOTALLY see the short shorts, chuck Ts, fros, and beards being back in this season! :D

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2005, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
you know what they say....fashion rolls back around every 25-30 years...and look at the haircuts, jeans, etc. kids are wearing today..the 70s are on their way back w/ a purpose!! so i could TOTALLY see the short shorts, chuck Ts, fros, and beards being back in this season! :D

Well, 'fros were back for some last season.

Ranger Mom
10-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
HELL yes....bout time....i couldnt hardly stand to watch bball last year it had gotten so thugish....i griped about it constantly.

That's EXACTLY why I no longer watch it!:mad:

GreenMonster
10-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
That's EXACTLY why I no longer watch it!:mad: I can second that opinion RM. I actually used to watch a little bit of hoops but not anymore. Not only has the game gone almost totally hip hop, but not very many NBA teams can really play BASKETBALL. The Spurs still know how to do it, any team coached by Larry Brown can hoop too but the rest of the league has become "My star is better than your star." I hate it. It takes 5 guys playing as one to make a great team. Shaq and Kobe will never figure that one out.

ro_tex_solja
10-19-2005, 06:05 PM
man shaq is my boy along with dwayne wade....and its a shame that wade got hurt last year in the playoffs and they didnt make it to the finals i would have loved to see the heat play the spurs last year in the finals

District303aPastPlayer
10-19-2005, 06:06 PM
this is really crap. the NBA Players Association will have something to say about this i believe... David Stern determining what the players can and can't wear... are you serious?? Does he realize what these players do to make him money? I honestly don't say much about things like this, but really... in theory... the players are just relaxing after playing a 3 hour game.... if they want to put on a t-shirt... LET THEM... if they want to wear an Oscar Robertson college basketball jersey... LET THEM... they just brought you money via advertising while they played ball...

GreenMonster
10-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
this is really crap. the NBA Players Association will have something to say about this i believe... David Stern determining what the players can and can't wear... are you serious?? Does he realize what these players do to make him money? I honestly don't say much about things like this, but really... in theory... the players are just relaxing after playing a 3 hour game.... if they want to put on a t-shirt... LET THEM... if they want to wear an Oscar Robertson college basketball jersey... LET THEM... they just brought you money via advertising while they played ball... Players Association has already agreed to terms.

mwynn05
10-19-2005, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
this is really crap. the NBA Players Association will have something to say about this i believe... David Stern determining what the players can and can't wear... are you serious?? Does he realize what these players do to make him money? I honestly don't say much about things like this, but really... in theory... the players are just relaxing after playing a 3 hour game.... if they want to put on a t-shirt... LET THEM... if they want to wear an Oscar Robertson college basketball jersey... LET THEM... they just brought you money via advertising while they played ball... K104(dallas hip-hop station) was sayin yesterday every other league has this and they agreed with it they said young black kids need to see their role models dressed up they said it will show then yea you can wear your tall t's etc but there is a time for wearing a suit etc.

bulldogbark
10-19-2005, 06:32 PM
Man I wish the military didnt have a dress code. can you see the guards at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier with their shirttails hanging out or maybe a gruffy looking beard . that would be neat wouldnt it? They made me cut my hair when I went in. I thought looking like a rock star would impress people when I was assinged to an embassy. But darn silly people say that I have to represent my country and have to have short hair and look good in uniform and salute and say "yes sir" or "no mamm" what is this nation coming to. and I dont even have a say so. Racist!!!!

hey I would look good in cammy shorts saluting the the President.

NOW did that sound silly or what. work for a company, sign on for a company , abide by the rules of the company. and you get to continue to work for the company. here here to dress codes:p