PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns

chaingang
10-19-2005, 10:58 AM
I have a question. Over here in Cajun ville, they all have false hopes for LSU and try to find any way of sneaking in the National championship. My friend says that if LSU goes undefeated from here on out, they will bump Texas for the #2 spot in BCS because of strength of schedule.

Can anyone help me with this argument? Can it happen? Im not too familiar with BCS.

BMOC
10-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Very Highly Unlikely. There are 6 teams right now that have a better shot because of their records alone. (USC, TEXAS, VT, GEORGIA, ALABAMA, and Texas Tech). If for some unspoken reason, TT happens to pull off an upset in Austin they will probably jump to the top 5 or even top 4. I still don't see how LSU can get voted that high for strength of schedule, when 2 other teams in THEIR SAME CONFERENCE are still undefeated. IF LSU has a tough schedule because of all the SEC teams they play, then so does Georgia and Alabama.

Gobbla2001
10-19-2005, 12:38 PM
LSU has been tagged with carrying the state of La through this tough time in their history... if they were #4 I'd say they could jump 'em because of pitty-votes in the human polls etc...

KTJ
10-19-2005, 01:29 PM
First off, the lead that Texas has is too great. If anyone jumps us, it would probably be Georgia--and that's a big if.

Second, your friend forgets that Les "I choke in big games because I have no clue what to do "Miles is the coach.

LSU will lose to Alabama and possibly Auburn tomorrow. Even if the won those games, they'd lose to Georgia in the SEC Championship game.