PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Wilma

spiveyrat
10-19-2005, 08:06 AM
Holy Cow! This hurricane has gone from Tropical Storm to Cat 5 in about 24 hours!!!

http://www.thestormtrack.com/

spiveyrat
10-19-2005, 08:09 AM
One for the record books already...

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/10/19/D8DB36483.html

NSUTrumpet08
10-19-2005, 08:14 AM
When will the hurricane season of doom end??? Geez...another Cat 5? How many is this in one year? 3?

Personally i would like to see a tropical storm Alpha...hehe...greek alphabet...but of course churn in the open Atlantic and then weaken away to nothing. What a busy hurricane season!

LogieJoeBean001
10-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Thank goodness this is not coming anywhere near our way. I'd hate to see another mass evacuation called. We can count our blessings that this is not going to affect us. I do feel for whoever does get this one.

chaingang
10-19-2005, 09:09 AM
well if you look at the models, there is one pointed right at South East Texas again. Of course this is a rouge prediction. The only thing that scares me is that Rita hitting us was a rouge prediction also.:eek: We'll be fine;)

wos fan1
10-19-2005, 09:31 AM
This one is for Florida this weekend. Luckily for those folks it should weakne some as it encounters shear in the gulf. Just about every storm this year has been a record breaker. Our season is over here. Another cold front Friday.

AggieJohn
10-19-2005, 09:32 AM
awesome....got to love wilma

Adidas410s
10-19-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by chaingang
well if you look at the models, there is one pointed right at South East Texas again. Of course this is a rouge prediction. The only thing that scares me is that Rita hitting us was a rouge prediction also.:eek: We'll be fine;)

Rita hitting SE Texas was not a rogue prediction. The initial storm track started at roughly Matagorda Bay and shifted east along the coast line. For a storm to do this is not unheard of by any means. Especially one that was as large as Rita. Either way, just about any hurricane that starts south of the Yucatan tends to take a "northeasterly" track. I am surprised this one is going to cross over the Yucatan and then turn NE. Most projections have it taking off NE towards Cuba and likely going over South Florida as a Cat 2 MAYBE Cat 3 hurricane.

bccards
10-19-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by chaingang

If you're referring to "XTRAP", that isn't a model at all, that is the extrapolation of the CURRENT movement, which says that if, at the current direction it is moving, and it didn't change direction the entire time, that is where it'd go.

Phil C
10-19-2005, 11:05 AM
Usually when the first big cold front hits the Gulf and South Texas the Hurricane season is over since it cools the water. But it has to be a Cold Front not like these northerns we have got lately.

chaingang
10-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Oh,ok. Thats why Im not a meteorologist. Well if you do recall, rita started due west on the predictions.

wos fan1
10-19-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes our season is over. Wilma hits Florida this weekend.

Bandera YaYa
10-19-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
awesome....got to love wilma Aww....thanks!!! ;) ;)